The End of Newsgroups

Old January 28th 05, 07:16 AM
PZeller66

Default The End of Newsgroups

Apparently AOL has decided to start shutting down these newsgroups soon. It's
a shame! I want to thank all who have contributed information and sightings on
this one. I found it all very helpful and wonder where to go from here.
Old January 28th 05, 07:27 AM
William R. Thompson

PZeller66 wrote:

Apparently AOL has decided to start shutting down these newsgroups
soon.

The newsgroups will still be here; the problem is that AOL has
decided to deprive its victims^h^h^h^h^h^h^hcustomers of access
to them. If you want to maintain newsgroup access, you can
use Google's service or, better, get a different server.

--Bill Thompson
Old January 28th 05, 08:03 AM
PZeller66

Thanks Bill - I guess I didn't word that last one very clearly. I was griping
more about my ISP depriving me of easy access to the newsgroup than anything
else. I may try another route and stay on. A different ISP has been on my mind
a lot anyway. I'm not even sure why I stay with America Online anyway! Force of
habit I guess.
Old January 30th 05, 07:58 PM

Thanks! Signed up today!