Moon Out of Place?

Old May 22nd 04, 02:01 PM
Mark

As Patrick Moore once said: "There's one born every minute!"

Mark

Old May 23rd 04, 11:21 AM
Mike

Tim Auton tim.auton@uton.[groupSexWithoutTheY] wrote:
For fun, I sent my skymap software to Osaka on the 30th of April. The
thing that's not the moon in the image which claims to be of the moon
and Jupiter is probably Spica in Virgo or perhaps Porriora.

Heh ...

A photo of the recent lunar eclipse was shown on BBC Regional News here.
The weather forecaster said, "and the bright star you can see just *there*
is Jupiter".

Since when did Jupiter become a star?

Who gave permission to move Jupiter from being high up overhead to down low
in the SE sky?

I guess that's why he's doing weather, and not astronomy

It was actually part of Libra ...

Mike.
Mike Brown: mjb[at]pootle.demon.co.uk | http://www.pootle.demon.co.uk/
Old May 23rd 04, 09:05 PM
Jim

Martin Frey wrote:

"Troubled Times believes that a world-wide cataclysm, of massive
proportions, will strike the Earth in the year 2003. The cause of this
natural event will be a monster planet, known to the ancients but as yet
undiscovered by modern man, which will pass very near the earth as part of
its normal 3,600 year orbit around the sun. "

It rained that day, so it was cancelled.

Jim

So now you're glad I got my scope out that night. Pshaw.

Tell you what, how about we let you use your 'scope on days when Major
Earth Threatening Events (That Can Be Rained Off)(tm) are due to take
place?

And Wimbledon, but that's just me being petulant :-)

Jim
--
AIM/iSight:JCAndrew2 - Log in and say 'hi'
"We deal in the moral equivalent of black holes, where the normal
Old May 26th 04, 07:48 PM
jochta

Ashley Culver wrote:
The web site is actually worth a read - in as much that is really makes you
chuckle. It's the effort that folks put into these things that amazes me.

Ash

My favourite is the shocking news that the sky is sometimes red or pink
at sunset.

http://www.zetatalk.com/index/reddust.htm

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The apollo faq the inquirer Astronomy Misc 11 April 22nd 04 06:23 AM
The apollo faq the inquirer Misc 4 April 15th 04 04:45 AM