The Crab Nebula

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 24th 03, 02:29 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default The Crab Nebula

We all read that there was a day the sun stood still. It might have been
days that there was no "dark" night sky. It had to be the biggest
explosion ever witness by mankind. Still talked about after 1054 as
recorded by Chinese astronomers. The Crab Nebula is still expanding(over
coming gravity) at our present time. I wonder how many H-bombs
explosions it would take to equal that supernova explosion? How
much dark matter that was created and blown through space? Did it leave
at its core a blackhole or a neutron star from the implosion?
Astronomers only talk about the 100 odd chemical elements created by the
supernova explosion being in the form of dust particles. Could some be
bigger than dust and be as big as a small rock planet,say the size of
our moon? Some how I see comets can give answers to some of my
thoughts. When those aerogel panels come back to Earth with captured
comet dust (comet Wild-2) it might have the right stuff to give us the
right answers. Bert

Crab Nebula (M1) in H alpha, OII and SII Tristan DiLapo CCD Imaging 1 December 22nd 03 12:27 AM
Outer Space/NASA Pictures . Space Station 0 September 8th 03 04:03 PM
Outer Space Pictures . Space Station 0 September 8th 03 03:51 PM
Whats in the sky today [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 3 July 14th 03 04:24 AM