(OT?) a little bit of Humor

Old January 20th 04, 02:12 PM
Cesareo

Default (OT?) a little bit of Humor

Dubya excitedly runs into Dick Cheney's office to tell the vice preznit
about the great idea he just had. "We gotta do somethin' that no other
administration, and no other country has ever done! We're gonna send the
first astronauts to the SUN!"
"But Mr. President," Cheney explains, "with all due respect, we will lose
the astronauts. They will be burned by the intense solar heat."
Dubya was ready with his reply: "I already got that figured out, Dicky boy!
We're gonna land there at NIGHT!"

Old January 20th 04, 03:50 PM
William Elliot

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Cesareo wrote:

Dubya excitedly runs into Dick Cheney's office to tell the vice preznit
about the great idea he just had. "We gotta do somethin' that no other
administration, and no other country has ever done! We're gonna send the
first astronauts to the SUN!"
"But Mr. President," Cheney explains, "with all due respect, we will lose
the astronauts. They will be burned by the intense solar heat."
Dubya was ready with his reply: "I already got that figured out, Dicky boy!
We're gonna land there at NIGHT!"

Yaahh!!! Bush and pet Jew dick are going to ...
the sun tonight? Will it be broadcast live?
Old January 20th 04, 05:09 PM
wlhaught

Default OT: Cheney and Bush claim to be Methodists, but their actions say otherwise (was (OT?) a little bit of Humor)

"William Elliot" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Cesareo wrote:

Yaahh!!! Bush and pet Jew dick are going to ...
the sun tonight? Will it be broadcast live?

A google search on Methodist Zionism fundamentalism lead to an
interesting article by Elaine Bolitho in *The Methodist Church* of New
Zealand entitled "Fundamentalists threaten secular society". I liked
the following:

It is easy for us to see Islamic fundamentalism as a danger to
humanity. Less obvious is the danger of Christian fundamentalism in
the world's most powerful nation. An estimated 30 percent of Americans
hold Christian fundamentalist views, and their leaders influence
President Bush. Christian fundamentalists do not need to resort to
terrorism, their nation wages war for them.

http://www.methodist.org.nz/index.cf...Fundamentalism

Old January 20th 04, 07:21 PM
Unclaimed Mysteries

William Elliot wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Cesareo wrote:

Dubya excitedly runs into Dick Cheney's office to tell the vice preznit
about the great idea he just had. "We gotta do somethin' that no other
administration, and no other country has ever done! We're gonna send the
first astronauts to the SUN!"
"But Mr. President," Cheney explains, "with all due respect, we will lose
the astronauts. They will be burned by the intense solar heat."
Dubya was ready with his reply: "I already got that figured out, Dicky boy!
We're gonna land there at NIGHT!"

Yaahh!!! Bush and pet Jew dick are going to ...
the sun tonight? Will it be broadcast live?

Only if you go as well.

Interesting how recently there has been an increase in unfunny
anti-Jewish clods trying to get in on the Bush-bashing. One wouldn't
think there's a bit of deliberate poisoning going on, no? To give the
impression that opposing Bush is equivalent to anti-Semitism? Nahhh.

Now let's talk about the Sun, since I owe this newsgrope several
on-topic posts.

1) If we are going to venture out into the solar system one way or the
other, would it be wise to invest in a network of satellites that can
monitor the conditions in different areas? I find the possibility of a
grid that can see the effects of outbursts throught the inner solar
system interesting in its own right, and important to the health of
space explorers. Can a continuous "picture" be formed from existing
probes in orbit around the Sun?

2) What are the most promising methods of shielding humans from these
hazards enroute? What about on the Martian surface?

3) Any wild ideas out there, such as my poorly thought-out fantasy of
mimicking the Earth's atmosphere by emitting a temporary cloud of
shielding gas and particles toward the incoming solar stream? (I hereby
solemnly name it the "I fart in your general direction" method.)

Corry

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
Old January 21st 04, 11:09 AM
William Elliot

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, wlhaught wrote:
A google search on Methodist Zionism fundamentalism lead to an
interesting article by Elaine Bolitho in *The Methodist Church* of New
Zealand entitled "Fundamentalists threaten secular society". I liked
the following:

It is easy for us to see Islamic fundamentalism as a danger to
humanity. Less obvious is the danger of Christian fundamentalism in
the world's most powerful nation. An estimated 30 percent of Americans
hold Christian fundamentalist views, and their leaders influence
President Bush. Christian fundamentalists do not need to resort to
terrorism, their nation wages war for them.

http://www.methodist.org.nz/index.cf...Fundamentalism

Maybe you're right. Bombing of clinics and killing of doctors is
recogized as Christian terrorism. Now I ask you, why is Christian
terrorism dismissed instead of being acknowledged as terrorism?

The real terrorists are those who ardently strive to tear up the bill
rights.

There is violent terrorism and there is quite terrorism.
Violent terrorism kills you with a bomb blast.
Quite terrorism slowly kills you by taking your resources and
liberties away until you perish of starvation, lack of medical care,
homelessness. It's a terrorism of a thousand small cuts. Of budget cuts,
of wage cuts, of cuts in medical and retirement benefits, of cuts in
workplace saftey, of cuts in enforcement of corporate fraud, of cuts in
enforcement of honest elections.
Old January 21st 04, 09:31 PM
Eric Chomko

Unclaimed Mysteries (theletter_k_andthenumeral_4_doh@unclaimedmysterie s.net) wrote:
: William Elliot wrote:

: On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Cesareo wrote:
:
:
[...]

Interesting analysis.

: Now let's talk about the Sun, since I owe this newsgrope several
: on-topic posts.

Newsgrope? IS that an Arnold moment? Schwarzeneggerarian slip?

: 1) If we are going to venture out into the solar system one way or the
: other, would it be wise to invest in a network of satellites that can
: monitor the conditions in different areas? I find the possibility of a
: grid that can see the effects of outbursts throught the inner solar
: system interesting in its own right, and important to the health of
: space explorers. Can a continuous "picture" be formed from existing
: probes in orbit around the Sun?

They tried that for instant replay in football and it didn't work. I don't
know about space, though.

: 2) What are the most promising methods of shielding humans from these
: hazards enroute? What about on the Martian surface?

Spacesuit.

: 3) Any wild ideas out there, such as my poorly thought-out fantasy of
: mimicking the Earth's atmosphere by emitting a temporary cloud of
: shielding gas and particles toward the incoming solar stream? (I hereby
: solemnly name it the "I fart in your general direction" method.)

I think the fishbowl analogy would suffice better. Undoubtedly less
offensive as well.

Eric

: Corry

: --
: It Came From C. L. Smith's Unclaimed Mysteries.
: http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net