The Hollow Moon

Old February 23rd 04, 12:33 AM
Rick Sobie

Default The Hollow Moon

While you are soaking in your vat Carl, here is a little light reading for you.

The Hollow Moon

"A theory that suggests that the moon is a large hollow sphere...originated during
seismological tests on the moon following the Lunar landings.

This occured most notably in November 1969 after seismometers were set up on the
moons surface by the astronauts of Apollo XII. When the Lunar module had taken off,
heading back to earth the astronauts discarded the ascent stage of the lunar module,
dropping it on the moons surface, smashing the craft and creating a tremor that was
picked up by the seismometers and when the NASA scientists heard the data stream,
they couldn't believe what they were hearing. The moon was ringing like a bell and
continued to do so for around an hour.

After they had had a chance to analyse the seismological information, NASA declared
that the moon seemed to be a hollow sphere with a metallic layer around 34-40 metres
deep."
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com...llowmoon.shtml

Old February 23rd 04, 01:41 AM
Hagar the Horrible

The Moonies use that hollow sphere to store their cheese during the good
years of production, but demand for pizza cheese outstripped their
capabilities. The story, however, does have a hollow ring to it ...

Old February 23rd 04, 05:29 AM
Jay Windley

"Rick Sobie" wrote in message

| After they had had a chance to analyse the seismological
| information, NASA declared that the moon seemed to be a
| hollow sphere...

Then you should be able to provide a reference to some official NASA
publication that makes this claim.

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old February 23rd 04, 08:40 AM
Wally Anglesea™

Bull****. Cite the NASA reference from a site that isn't funny made up
****.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com...llowmoon.shtml

--

http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/Alien_recipes.html

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."
Old February 23rd 04, 05:23 PM
Vinnie

Huh???
Basic physics says no to this.
A hollow moon in the current orbital path and speed would shoot off in to
space.
And how could a hollow moon create tidal effects here on earth?

Old February 23rd 04, 09:09 PM
Wally Anglesea™

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:23:24 GMT, "Vinnie"
wrote:

Huh???
Basic physics says no to this.
A hollow moon in the current orbital path and speed would shoot off in to
space.
And how could a hollow moon create tidal effects here on earth?

I think a hollow moon, with the same mass (and it's density would have
to be enormous, so there are other physical constraints that just
don't work as well), would still cause tides.

Anyway, the moon isn't hollow, it's just another demonstration of the
mental gymnastics nitwits will go through rather than think
critically.

Old February 23rd 04, 09:14 PM
Jay Windley

"Vinnie" wrote in message
. com...

| A hollow moon in the current orbital path and speed would
| shoot off in to space.

No, it wouldn't. The mass of the orbiter is irrelevant to the speed and
altitude of the orbit. But I know what you're trying to get at and your
comment about tides is scientifically astute. If the moon were more or less
massive than otherwise believed, the earth's orbit and other natural
phenomenon would be noticeably different. (A lighter moon, for example,
would not perturb comm satellite orbits as much. Also, the common point --
offset from the earth's center of mass -- around which Earth and Moon orbit
would be different, i.e., closer to the Earth's center of mass.)

The "hollow moon" theories sometimes claim the hollow moon's mass is
unchanged, but that its material is distributed in a dense hollow shell.
Compare a solid wooden ball and a hollow metal ball. They may have the same
diameter and the same mass, but obviously differ in their internal
configuration and in the density of any sample.

The "hollow moon" theories derive from many misconceptions, only one of
which is the "rang like a bell" statement. William Brian, for example,
formulated his hollow moon theory upon an incorrect computation of the
gravitational neutral point between Earth and Moon. (Cf. Bate, et al.,
_Fundamentals of Astrodynamics_, p. 336.)

But not all "hollow moon" advocates ignore the problems of physics. At
least not the ones you're thinking of.

Old February 23rd 04, 09:14 PM
Mr. 4X

"Rick Sobie" wrote in message

While you are soaking in your vat Carl, here is a little light reading
for you.

The Hollow Moon

"A theory that suggests that the moon is a large hollow
sphere...originated during seismological tests on the moon following
the Lunar landings.

First we had 'Hollow Earth' and now 'Hollow Moon'.

Looks like the crackpots are evolving.
Old February 23rd 04, 09:36 PM
Brad Guth / IEIS~GASA

Actually, the moon isn't anything at all like Earth, though I wouldn't
outright consider it as being hollow like some massive geode rock
either, especially since it's been surmised that it offers a rather
nifty thermal nuclear core in addition to all of that surface
"clumping moon dirt" and highly illumination reflective moon rock
generally being at least twice as radioactive as Earth. That plus the
fact that it's rotation is so slow (synchronized with Earth), so that
there's damn little centrifugal force available.

Our moon is actually a somewhat closer cousin to Mars when it come to
density, but having a surface that's considerably more so pulverised
than Mars. In other words, there should be far more evidence of
meteorites and their shards strewn about the moon than of what has
been imaged of the worst pulverised zones of Mars, as the lunar
atmosphere certainly isn't worth squat, and as such, absolutely
everything including the kitchen sink made it's debut upon the lunar
surface, at damn good seed no less. And just like a good lunar sort of
morgue that it is, it's all been sitting right there for eternity,
plus lots of new stuff arriving every hour on the hour, without the
benefits of atmospheric erosions nor of the CO2 cycles of freezing and
thawing out millions of times.

Only the infusion of solar He3 or 3He has contributed to internally
modifying the first meter or so worth of lunar substances, making it
into the energy bank of all times, as in clean fusion potential. Of
course, being of the surface density that it is, this also represents
a rather highly reactive substance that's been generating those hard
X-Ray class dosages from mostly the solar influx and of whatever other
stellar influx of cosmic rays, such as those being derived from the
likes of the Sirius/abc star system.

This is not my stipulating that there aren't significant hallow
portions to being had, as for the basalt bulk of what the moon is
comprised of can just as easily include massive gas bubble and/or
crystal matrix created pockets. So, I'm not the one ruling our there
being some rather significant hollow portions, as hopefully those can
be identified and subsequently excavated as for accommodating our
LSE-CM/ISS outpost, as for providing the elevator lobby.

Too bad we've never had even a good trio of seismic instruments
feeding us live information, as of decades ago we could have easily
identified and subsequently mapped out those cavities.

Some other recent file updates:
****oops**** http://guthvenus.tripod.com/moon-04.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-illumination.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-gwb-moon.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-moon-02.htm

Here's my latest deliveries upon what other is new, and of what's
certainly a ho topic, as offering a bit more than you may need to know
of what my three brain cells can deliver on behalf of Sirius
terraforming the likes of Mars, Earth and Venus.
***** http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-earth-venus.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/synchronized-moon.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-sirius-trek.htm

Old February 23rd 04, 10:36 PM
Doktor DynaSoar

wrote:

} While you are soaking in your vat Carl, here is a little light reading for you.

Geez, this outta be good.

} The Hollow Moon
}
[...]

Well, see? Now we can prove the "faked Apollo flights" people wrong.
We have proof the moon is hollow based on equipment put there by the
astronauts.

} http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com...llowmoon.shtml

In order for the moon to have the mass it does and be a shell only
34-40 meters thick, it would have to be made out of neutronium. It
obviously isn't.

The seismometer experiments from Apollo actually proved the moon was
nearly homogenous inside, rather than layers of materials like the
Earth.