Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer Bert's Prediction!

Old January 3rd 07, 10:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

Default Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer Bert's Prediction!

In article
,
"Painius" wrote:

And Puddleduck, inflation accounts for how many
years of the Universe's existence? Or are you
equating inflation with the accelerated expansion?

Inflation accounts for a growth rate at a particular time vastly in
increase to what we see now, hence increasing the size of the universe
very quickly in a short time.

The older age i propose is based upon the present
rate of expansion being well below c, and that the
rate of expansion has been well below c for some
time now. Is this not correct?

Yep

And if the Universe has expanded to a radius of 17
billion light years in 17 billion years, would this
mean that its mean velocity of expansion over the
17 billion years is c?

You are using the visible radius.

Guth would thank you, Puddleduck! When do we
get to call you "Doc"?

****poor insult Painius. Please try harder.

Oh btw about 3 years,

--
This space reserved for Jeff Relf's 5-dimensional metric.

Old January 3rd 07, 10:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_universe

--
This space reserved for Jeff Relf's 5-dimensional metric.

Old January 3rd 07, 11:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_2_] Painius[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Phineas T Puddleduck" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Painius" wrote:

[...]

It's a ****poor insult probably because it wasn't
meant as an insult, Puddleduck. If i was out to
insult you, i *would* have tried harder.

Sorry you took it as such, Puddleduck! So do
wipe that guilty look off your face. g

--
For your tee-shirt: ASTRONOMERS ARE THE GREAT
LOVERS OF THE UNIVERSE!

Indelibly yours,
Paine http://www.savethechildren.org/
http://www.painellsworth.net

Old January 3rd 07, 11:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article
,
"Painius" wrote:

It's a ****poor insult probably because it wasn't
meant as an insult, Puddleduck. If i was out to
insult you, i *would* have tried harder.

Sorry you took it as such, Puddleduck! So do
wipe that guilty look off your face. g

I don't like the association with Guth... Can you blame me... ;-)

--
This space reserved for Jeff Relf's 5-dimensional metric.

Old January 3rd 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article
,
"Painius" wrote:

It's a ****poor insult probably because it wasn't
meant as an insult, Puddleduck. If i was out to
insult you, i *would* have tried harder.

Sorry you took it as such, Puddleduck! So do
wipe that guilty look off your face. g

Apologies ;-)

--
This space reserved for Jeff Relf's 5-dimensional metric.

Old January 4th 07, 01:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

To Ya All I wish to thank you for going along with my 22 billion year
old universe. It is just an approximation,and could be off by ?????
My biggest question is this How long did it take to create Hydrogen and
helium to create 6 trillion stars,and still have gas left over. Bert

Old January 4th 07, 02:24 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Sjouke Burry

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
To Ya All I wish to thank you for going along with my 22 billion year
old universe. It is just an approximation,and could be off by ?????
My biggest question is this How long did it take to create Hydrogen and
helium to create 6 trillion stars,and still have gas left over. Bert

Hey blert , no i dont get along!!!!
Old January 4th 07, 11:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy

"Painius" wrote:

It's a ****poor insult probably because it wasn't
meant as an insult, Puddleduck. If i was out to
insult you, i *would* have tried harder.

Sorry you took it as such, Puddleduck! So do
wipe that guilty look off your face. g

I don't like the association with Guth... Can you blame me... ;-)

There was no association implied, Puddleduck.

Guth would thank you because you used the little
buzzword he invented... "inflation". Are there any
other "names" in astronomy we [tinw] need to
walk on eggshells with while conversing with you,
Puddleduck?

You might want to consider lightening up a bit.
Such sensitivity as yours probably surrounds you
with imagined insults frequently.

And what's so bad about Alan Guth? The prof *is*
after all one of the very few people well-versed in
both cosmology and particle physics. Do you also
think Guth has insulted you?

Now, try not to misunderstand me, Puddleduck! I
just wonder why you have a problem with the
"free lunch" guy and astronomy's main man?
Truth is...

....i think it's commendable that you are bucking
cosmology's "father of inflationary theory"!

WAIT WAIT! Are you a "neatnick" who thinks
Professor Alan Guth ought to clean up his messy-
as-hell office? g