!! Please help

Old October 6th 05, 05:00 AM
Odysseus

Painius wrote:

"Odysseus" wrote...
in message ...

snip

(BTW, please fix your sig-separator: it needs a space after the two

hyphens.)

Yes, O, i saw that you mentioned this to someone
else in the group as well. Curious, because i always
place at least one space at the end of *every* line in
my posts.

You must remember that my OE newsreader places
the sig-separator automatically with two hyphens and
a space. I've noticed that OE also removes all the
spaces i've typed after each line when it drafts or
posts... all *except* the space following the two-
hyphen sig-sep.

It definitely doesn't show up here, but from the above the problem
doesn't seem to be at your end -- sorry for jumping to conclusions.

You have a MAC? What does it do when there is no
space after the sig-sep. in a post you're reading?

No need to shout! It's not *that* weird, is it?

The issue with sig-separators doesn't have anything to do with
*reading* messages; it's about *replying* -- whether on a Mac, a
Windows PC or a Unix workstation. Newsreaders are supposed to
automatically omit the separator and everything that follows it when
quoting a message in a reply. When a sig is long (netiquette
authorities generally put the limit at four lines -- and I hear some
ISPs actually enforce this) the needless repetition becomes more noticeable.

--
Odysseus