Help req with meade etx

Old August 13th 07, 06:50 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Andrew Bellamy

Default Help req with meade etx

Hi.

I managed to drop my ETX on saturday night and did enough damage to mean
its scrap. Good news is my insurance will pay up but they want me to get a
report done on it to say its not repairable and cost of replacement. Trouble
is
i'm in Lincolnshire and there are no meade dealers any where near here. Any
one had similar or got any idea how i go about this, they have said that
they
will pay for an engineers report.

Also are the Persiads any danger to shuttle/spacestation?.

Andy.

Old August 13th 07, 07:24 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul L Money

Hi Andy,

Hi.

I managed to drop my ETX on saturday night and did enough damage to mean
its scrap. Good news is my insurance will pay up but they want me to get a
report done on it to say its not repairable and cost of replacement. Trouble
is
i'm in Lincolnshire and there are no meade dealers any where near here. Any
one had similar or got any idea how i go about this, they have said that
they
will pay for an engineers report.

Also are the Persiads any danger to shuttle/spacestation?.

Andy.

I'm at Horncastle in Lincs so will write up a report if you want - they
wont be able to argue with me :-)

Let me know where you are via e-mail off the group and we can arrange
for me to take a look at it.

The Perseids are tiny sand grain sized bits that should pose no serious
threat to either Shuttle or Station but it's possible larger stuff and
more likely space junk could hit at some time.

Best wishes

Paul
Astrospace
--
For my web site - Astrospace go to http://www.astrospace.co.uk
For Astro holidays that are outathis world go visit the following: