Solar Sails driven by Photons or Particles?

Old July 7th 06, 12:15 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Michael Weber

Default Solar Sails driven by Photons or Particles?

Hi,
I have a discussion in a german newsgroup de.sci.raumfahrt :

The question is, what makes more pressure on the solarsails, the Photons or
the Particles like Ions and Electrons?

Wikipedia etc. don't give us the clue.

Any help appreciated

THX from Hanover, Germany
Old July 7th 06, 11:25 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article , dated Fri,
7 Jul 2006 01:15:56 remote, seen in news:uk.sci.astronomy, Michael Weber
posted :
I have a discussion in a german newsgroup de.sci.raumfahrt :

The question is, what makes more pressure on the solarsails, the Photons or
the Particles like Ions and Electrons?

Photons. You should monitor sci.space.* where this has IIRC been dealt
with.

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME. ©
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;
Old July 8th 06, 03:09 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Michael Weber

Am Fri, 7 Jul 2006 23:25:59 +0100 schrieb Dr John Stockton:

JRS: In article , dated Fri,
7 Jul 2006 01:15:56 remote, seen in news:uk.sci.astronomy, Michael Weber
posted :
I have a discussion in a german newsgroup de.sci.raumfahrt :

The question is, what makes more pressure on the solarsails, the Photons or
the Particles like Ions and Electrons?

Photons. You should monitor sci.space.* where this has IIRC been dealt
with.

Thanks. I'll subscribe sci.space.

THX
Old July 8th 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Michael Weber

Am Fri, 7 Jul 2006 23:25:59 +0100 schrieb Dr John Stockton:

Photons. You should monitor sci.space.* where this has IIRC been dealt
with.

Sorry I my providers newsserver doesnt have sci.space did you mean
sci.space.tech or sci.space.moderated - the are both moderated, or do you
know a public newsserver that holds sci.space ?

THX
Old July 8th 06, 11:34 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 20:22:49 +0200, in uk.sci.astronomy , Michael Weber
wrote:

Am Fri, 7 Jul 2006 23:25:59 +0100 schrieb Dr John Stockton:

Photons. You should monitor sci.space.* where this has IIRC been dealt
with.

Sorry I my providers newsserver doesnt have sci.space

He said sci.space.*

The asterisk is the standard wildcard meaning "any group starting with
sci.space."
--
Mark McIntyre