Three finalists to be #1 Taikonaut

Old October 13th 03, 03:12 PM
Michael R. Grabois ... change $ to \s\

Default Three finalists to be #1 Taikonaut

The AP reports http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20031013_214.html that
three candidates for Taikonaut #1 arrived at the launch site, strongly
suggesting on a single crewmember for the Shenzou 5 flight.

Anyone know who the other two candidates might be?

(Followups set to sci.space.policy, since that's the appropriate newsgroup -
China's current manned efforts are not sci.space.history topics)

--
Michael R. Grabois # http://chili.cjb.net # http://wizardimps.blogspot.com
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information."
Old October 13th 03, 03:29 PM
SMS ;-\).

Michael R. Grabois ... change $ to "s" wrote in massage ...

The AP reports http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20031013_214.html that
three candidates for Taikonaut #1 arrived at the launch site, strongly
suggesting on a single crewmember for the Shenzou 5 flight.

Anyone know who the other two candidates might be?

(Followups set to sci.space.policy, since that's the appropriate

newsgroup -
China's current manned efforts are not sci.space.history topics)

--
Michael R. Grabois # http://chili.cjb.net # http://wizardimps.blogspot.com
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information."
- Calvin and Hobbes

just look at my web page:
http://zeto.czest.pl/astro/loty/sz5.htm !!

we must wait for official info soon
--
Regards,
SMS ;-)

Old October 13th 03, 04:50 PM
Alan Erskine

"Michael R. Grabois ... change $ to "s"" wrote
in message news
The AP reports http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20031013_214.html that
three candidates for Taikonaut #1 arrived at the launch site, strongly
suggesting on a single crewmember for the Shenzou 5 flight.

I'm wondering who will carry the Russian-designed coffin if something with
the Russian-designed systems goes wrong. Or will the Chinese blame any
failure on the Russians as they did to Hughes in the '90's?

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

The U.S. Government is in the
peculiar position of toppling foreign
governments in the name of democracy.

Oh, how democractic!

Old October 13th 03, 06:28 PM
Gordon

Default Three finalists to be #1 Taikonaut OT

Anyone know who the other two candidates might be?

Captain We Flung Hi and Lt. First Rank "Red Button" Do No Tuchi.

====(A+C====
USN SAR Aircrew

"Got anything on your radar, SENSO?"
"Nothing but my forehead, sir."
Old October 13th 03, 09:41 PM
OM

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:12:31 GMT, "Michael R. Grabois ... change $ to
\"s\"" wrote:

(Followups set to sci.space.policy, since that's the appropriate newsgroup -
China's current manned efforts are not sci.space.history topics)

....Yeah, but considering .policy's deteriorating back to its normal
state of obfusciating chaos, do you *really* think anyone'll be able
to find the thread there?

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old October 14th 03, 07:25 AM

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:29:06 +0200, "SMS ;-\)." wrote:

Michael R. Grabois ... change $ to "s" wrote in massage ...

The AP reports http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20031013_214.html that
three candidates for Taikonaut #1 arrived at the launch site, strongly
suggesting on a single crewmember for the Shenzou 5 flight.

Anyone know who the other two candidates might be?

just look at my web page:
http://zeto.czest.pl/astro/loty/sz5.htm !!

we must wait for official info soon

Hmmm....apparently I misplaced my "Polish -- English" translator around here
somewhere....

Old October 14th 03, 07:26 AM
Michael R. Grabois ... change $ to \s\

\"s\"" wrote:

(Followups set to sci.space.policy, since that's the appropriate newsgroup -
China's current manned efforts are not sci.space.history topics)

...Yeah, but considering .policy's deteriorating back to its normal
state of obfusciating chaos, do you *really* think anyone'll be able
to find the thread there?

Now why would anyone look in sci.space.history for discussion of current events
in the Chinese space program?