First Titan pictures

Old July 6th 04, 11:40 PM
Alex T

Default First Titan pictures

It might be just me but I find the first pictures released rather dull
and hard to interpret...

Can / should we expect something more "sexy" in the future ?

--alexT
Old July 9th 04, 12:46 AM
Fox2

In article , (Alex T) wrote:
It might be just me but I find the first pictures released rather dull
and hard to interpret...

Can / should we expect something more "sexy" in the future ?

--alexT

For what it's worth....

I've been putting together color images and sticking them on my page at

http://members.tripod.com/~tucoan/

A few of the images have the red/blue color channels reversed to make
some of the cloud formations clearer.

It's free web space so expect ads from Tripod/Earthlink and a irritating
search popup. If you are using an older version of Netscape, you won't
see any of the ads. Older versions of Netscape just ignore them.

Fox2
Old July 9th 04, 04:35 PM
El Guapo

"Alex T" wrote in message
om...
It might be just me but I find the first pictures released rather dull
and hard to interpret...

Can / should we expect something more "sexy" in the future ?

Absolutely. These first shots were taken from about 210,000 miles away.
Later it will be as close as 600 miles. Eventually we'll have a high
resolution map of Titan's surface.