"Space Patrol" Star Dies

Old November 14th 04, 01:30 AM
Dale

Default "Space Patrol" Star Dies

Ed Kemmer, who played Cmdr. Buzz Corry on the show, has died
at the age of 84. That show was a bit before my time- was anybody
here a fan?

I do have a pretty cool "Space Patrol" thermos bottle, though...

Here's a link to the obit-

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=249676

Dale

Old November 14th 04, 02:17 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Dale
writes
Ed Kemmer, who played Cmdr. Buzz Corry on the show, has died
at the age of 84. That show was a bit before my time- was anybody
here a fan?

I do have a pretty cool "Space Patrol" thermos bottle, though...

Here's a link to the obit-

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=249676

In the UK, "Space Patrol" is more likely to evoke memories of a 1960's
puppet series from fans of a certain age :-)
--
What have they got to hide? Release the ESA Beagle 2 report.
Old November 14th 04, 06:56 AM
Robert Casey

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

In message , Dale
writes

Ed Kemmer, who played Cmdr. Buzz Corry on the show, has died
at the age of 84. That show was a bit before my time- was anybody
here a fan?

I do have a pretty cool "Space Patrol" thermos bottle, though...

Here's a link to the obit-

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=249676

In the UK, "Space Patrol" is more likely to evoke memories of a 1960's
puppet series from fans of a certain age :-)

I vaguely remember a space puppet show from around then
on TV in New York City. They flew a spacecraft that
looked a lot like the spinner part of a toy gyroscope
I once had. Every planet in the solar system had
intelligent life of local origin. One episode had
the Saturn-ians suffering a "barking" desease, which
turned out to be human head colds. And the human space
men had some cold cure medicine that the Saturnians
could sniff and be cured immediately.

There was also a Saturday morning cartoon called "Capt
Skyhook and the Space kiddettes". As a 9 year old it
was watchable, but likely unwatchable by an adult.

And there was another cartoon featuring a hero and
sidekick, and of course the big fat evil antagonist.
Who happened to resemble a mean spirited math teacher
I had in 5th grade. Anyone who had male nuns in
catholic grammar school in the 60's can tell you
all about such...
Old November 14th 04, 06:32 PM
Fox2

Dale wrote in news
Ed Kemmer, who played Cmdr. Buzz Corry on the show, has died
at the age of 84. That show was a bit before my time- was anybody
here a fan?

I do have a pretty cool "Space Patrol" thermos bottle, though...

Here's a link to the obit-

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=249676

Dale

Here is the Theme for the show.

htp://members.cox.net/tucoan/pics/Space Patrol.mp3

Fox2
Old November 14th 04, 06:35 PM
Fox2

Fox2 wrote in :

Dale wrote in
news
Ed Kemmer, who played Cmdr. Buzz Corry on the show, has died
at the age of 84. That show was a bit before my time- was anybody
here a fan?

I do have a pretty cool "Space Patrol" thermos bottle, though...

Here's a link to the obit-

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=249676

Dale

Here is the Theme for the show.

htp://members.cox.net/tucoan/pics/Space Patrol.mp3

Fox2

Sorry. Should be http://members.cox.net/tucoan/pics/Space Patrol.mp3

Fox2
Old November 14th 04, 06:45 PM
Darren J Longhorn

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:35:35 GMT, Fox2 wrote:

Sorry. Should be http://members.cox.net/tucoan/pics/Space Patrol.mp3

Try:
http://members.cox.net/tucoan/pics/Space%20Patrol.mp3

Old November 14th 04, 07:11 PM
Fox2

Darren J Longhorn wrote in
:

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:35:35 GMT, Fox2 wrote:

Sorry. Should be http://members.cox.net/tucoan/pics/Space Patrol.mp3

Try:
http://members.cox.net/tucoan/pics/Space%20Patrol.mp3

Oh yeah.
I forgot some newsreaders can't handle spaces in
address names.

Sorry.

Fox2
Old November 15th 04, 12:23 PM
Peter Smith

Fox2 wrote...
Darren J Longhorn wrote:
Sorry. Should be http://members.cox.net/tucoan/pics/Space Patrol.mp3

Try:
http://members.cox.net/tucoan/pics/Space%20Patrol.mp3

So does anybody have the theme for the *other* Space Patrol? I think it
was Planet Patrol in the US. To jog the memories:

Crew: Gamma rays on
Other Crew: Yoba rays on
Marla: You are cleared for take off
Crew: Thank you, Marla

I think they used an analog feedback distortion in the theme similar to the
Dr Who theme.

- Peter

Old November 17th 04, 12:45 AM
Al Jackson

Dale wrote in message . ..
Ed Kemmer, who played Cmdr. Buzz Corry on the show, has died
at the age of 84. That show was a bit before my time- was anybody
here a fan?

I do have a pretty cool "Space Patrol" thermos bottle, though...

Here's a link to the obit-

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=249676

Dale

I used to watch that show, I loved it, better than Tom Corbett,
maybe because of all the women in short skirts!
Old November 17th 04, 10:40 AM
Pat Flannery

Al Jackson wrote:

I used to watch that show, I loved it, better than Tom Corbett,
maybe because of all the women in short skirts!

Sir... four simple words of advice to you: "Italian Science Fiction
Movies". ;-)