New Lunar Map Pro 2.0 - RITI 's Response

Old July 10th 03, 06:06 PM
RITI

Default New Lunar Map Pro 2.0 - RITI 's Response

Hello,

It is not usually RITI's policy to respond on open forums.
Unfortunately, inaccurate and false statements concerning RITI and
Lunar Map Pro on sci.astro.amateur require that we set the record
straight.

Our copy protection policy is clearly stated on our installation
instructions and website and can also be found in the User Guide,
available on the website for download. In the same locations one can
also find out about our 30 day Money-Back Guarantee made possible
because of the effectively copy-protected disc which allows the
software license to move with the disc rather than be tied to a
computer. Version 2.0 now offers each customer the option of
installing an additional FREE (non-disc dependent) PC license on one
computer. This license makes it possible to use Lunar Map Pro 2.0 in
the field without the need for the CD. RITI also offers resolutions
to customers with failing CD drives and damaged discs.

RITI is a very small company but the majority of employees have a
telescope at home and all enjoy lunar observing. All employees of
RITI have sacrificed time and money to bring Lunar Map Pro to the
market. RITI has been doing research work for NASA as a member of
Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP). We have people on staff
with expertise in advanced mathematics, physics, and astronomy, and
two individuals have more than 30 years of observing experience!

Our goal in creating Lunar Map Pro 1.0 was to create a detailed
accurate lunar map that could be flipped, reversed and zoomed to match
the observer's telescope view. Lunar observers know the best tool for
planning an observing session is to simulate it! We applied our
cartography skills to painstakingly create vector data and we built
the software on a powerful geographic information system (GIS)
platform. We achieved our goal of creating the first lunar software
to provide a view that matches the observer's telescope and also
provided advanced printing, labeling, and feature identification from
an extensive database of features.

RITI's written response to Chuck Taylor regarding libration was the
following:

"On the issue of libration, you imply that we are making excuses for
not incorporating libration in LMP. This is simply untrue. We have
not been ignoring this issue at all. The problem, as we see it, is to
provide image (and supporting vector data) that are corrected for
libration, without compromising resolution and quality. We have been
doing extensive research on a methodology that will provide
corrections for libration that do not compromise the quality or
resolution that our customers have come to expect from our product.
We plan to include this methodology with the release of LMP version
2.0."

Lunar Map Pro 2.0 provides a choice of maps that are all fully
corrected for libration with impressive clarity along the limb just as
we promised in that email several months ago!

Competition in a marketplace benefits the consumer by providing them
with better products and services. One has to question the
motivations of anyone who goes out of their way to try to reduce the
competition in a marketplace - particularly if they also claim to be
concerned with the consumer's best interests.

Anyone interested in evaluating Lunar Map Pro 2.0 can view the
detailed information on our website - www.riti.com or order and take
advantage of our 30 day money back offer (shipping not included). If
any of you have further questions about Lunar Map Pro please feel free
to contact us at:

Sincerely,
Reading Information Technology, Inc. (RITI)
www.riti.com