Byers 58 Mount Help/Assistance

Old July 13th 03, 01:32 PM
Mark

Default Byers 58 Mount Help/Assistance

Hi Folks, I have recently been contacted by a man who owns a Byers 58 EQ
Mount as I do, and he is experiencing problems with his drive corrector
unit. Seems he had it "Repaired", but yet, it still does not function
correctly. He believes that the Hand Paddle was somehow mis-wired to the
Drive Corrector Unit?

The unit that came with My Byers 58 is a Davionx Drive Corrector, and
luckily works fine, and I have a full
Schematic for it, but his unit is a Byers badged unit, and does not
appear to be similar in a number of ways.

Does anyone either own one of these Byers correctors, or perhaps has
some advice to give? I know contacting Byers themselves would be one
thing to try. Since Edward left the company, I'm very unsure how much
help these folks would be. I contacted them once about my mount, and
could not even get the right time of day from them. Any help would be
appreciated, Thanks, Mark

Old July 14th 03, 03:34 PM
William R. Mattil

In article ,
Mark wrote:
[...]

Mark,

You might try contacting Ed Byers directly via email ? He had some land
for sale on Astromart a while back and has a valid email address.

Regards

Bill

--

William R. Mattil | Only two things are infinite, the universe
Sr. System Aministrator | and human stupidity and I'm not sure about
Old July 15th 03, 12:38 AM
Mark

Hi Bill, I didn't know that, I may be able to trace Edward Byers down
through an Astromart search, and ask him these questions personally.
Thanks for the tip!
Mark

Old July 16th 03, 01:03 AM
Mark

Hi Bill/all, Was unable to locate Edward Byers in this manner, and my
friend could not locate him this way either. It is possible that E.
Byers has deleted his account on A-Mart. Mark

Old July 16th 03, 02:48 PM
William R. Mattil

In article ,
Mark wrote:
Hi Bill/all, Was unable to locate Edward Byers in this manner, and my
friend could not locate him this way either. It is possible that E.
Byers has deleted his account on A-Mart. Mark

Mark,

Contact me via email as I do have his email address but its at home and
I am not :^( .... Any dejanews search should turn up my valid email
address. The netcom one :^)

Regards

Bill

Old July 17th 03, 04:43 AM
Curtis Croulet

Bill Vorce at Telescope Warehouse is a personal friend of Ed Byers. You could
contact him.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California