Our Taboo/Nondisclosure Moon

Old November 30th 06, 12:07 AM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

Default Our Taboo/Nondisclosure Moon

It seems that our trusty moon, of having represented such a forced
global warming mascon to us, is still more off-limits than Venus,
whereas Venus is simply need-to-know or Old Testament sequestered for
the moment (in mainstream damage-control because Venus simply isn't as
old as Earth, and worse yet, we wouldn't be the first to having set a
hot foot on Venus).

Speaking a little about 'microgravity'; as such it's actually hard to
come by unless you're in a fast LEO orbit and therefore having to push
yourself through 8 km/s of headwinds (worse yet if you're in retrograde
mode), or simply best if you are out and about while literally hanging
nearly effortlessly around or rather within our moon's interactive L1
nullification zone.

If we're intent upon going for other planets or other moons of such
other planets, as such we could really use our moon's L1 for
accommodating our next ISS or whatever POOF or Clarke Station. In fact,
if we're merely going for our moon it's rather nifty if not essential
for having the mission command platform as coasting safely and
efficiently at r34 and thereby sustaining a velocity of roughly 866 m/s
with respect to Earth, as within this ME-L1 pocket of nearby space
that's about as devoid of atoms as it gets.

0) Our moon's L1 isn't a cheap date, nor is it not complex. You'll need
more than a good slide rule or pocket calculator if planning upon fully
utilizing this nifty interactive space that's so nearby. In other
words, all morons and/or the dumb and dumber sorts of snookered fools,
especially naysayer's, need not apply.

1) Anything deployed at our moon's L1 starts off small, and it grows to
suit.

2) From then on. it only gets as big and/or as complex as you'd like it
to get.

3) Because of what this LSE-CM/ISS represents, it's not going to happen
overnight.

My previously suggested 1e9 m3 CM/ISS abode or space depot that's
capable of becoming worth 256e6 tonnes is not an all or nothing sort of
super Clarke Station on steroids. For starters, it's simply quite a bit
larger, it's placed a wee bit further towards Earth (averaging 60,830 km
= 861 km/s to 62,568 km = 856 m/s), as well as it's multi-tethered
directly to the moon, and there are a few interactive elements involved.
The massive hull or shell of this CM/ISS may or may not have to spin, as
there are personal artificial gravity alternatives that would function
from within this well shielded environment.

The LSE-CM/ISS can eventually reside at the moon's 34r (59,092 km), if
not right at L1 once the tether dipole element is extended to within 4r
(25,512 km) of Earth. Over time the affect of this installation would
somewhat moderate the elliptical lunar orbit and even reduce and/or
eliminate the rate of recession, whereas some open mindset folks might
tend to think this is a good thing.

Besides, I'm absolutely certain that China will know exactly what to do.
So, why are so many of you folks getting yourselves so gosh darn huffy
or otherwise naysay about all of this?

Just because you don't have a masters degree in Chinese Mandarin doesn't
mean that we're out of luck. That's because China being smarter than
us, as such they'll learn our language (as many already have) in order
to accommodate their less fortunate (Mandarin illiterate) clients, such
as us.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/publications...aryland01b.pdf
This fancy enough "Clarke Station" document that's rather interesting
but otherwise seriously outdated, not to mention way under-shielded
unless incorporating 8+ meters of water plus having somehow established
an artificial magnetosphere, or perhaps 16+ meters of h2o if w/o
magnetosphere (all necessary because it's parked within 60,000 km from
our physically dark and otherwise highly reactive moon that's providing
a not so DNA friendly TBI worth of gamma and hard-X-rays), is simply
downright wussy about sharing the positive science and habitat/depot
considerations for utilizing the moon's L1. In fact, there's hardly a
mention of the tremendous L1 benefits to humanity, much less as to space
exploration or the daunting task of salvaging our mascon warmed
environment, and it's still not having squat to do with any task of
actually developing, exploiting or otherwise terraforming the moon
itself.
-
Brad Guth

Old November 30th 06, 11:57 AM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
captain.

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:eae6e59d5164ece11a955239ae99df47.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...

flush

Besides, I'm absolutely certain that China will know exactly what to do.
So, why are so many of you folks getting yourselves so gosh darn huffy
or otherwise naysay about all of this?

Just because you don't have a masters degree in Chinese Mandarin doesn't
mean that we're out of luck. That's because China being smarter than
us, as such they'll learn our language (as many already have) in order
to accommodate their less fortunate (Mandarin illiterate) clients, such
as us.

if they are so great, what have they contributed in the last 500 years to
the rest of the world? sure, some things, but the country of china hardly
comes to mind when one thinks of great leaps forward in culture and
technology. if they are superior, as you suggest, then let them prove it by
achieving great accomplishments.

Old November 30th 06, 12:28 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
lechergod

that is the way of communists' dogs' argument and making quarrels.
that is why such communists' dog show their intention to seal
dissenters' mouth with various excuse as shameful !!!!
what have you canadians contributed to us?
we don't have to prove anything to you! you have to borrow money from
us !!!
die and go to hell !!!!!!!

Old November 30th 06, 03:33 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
TeaTime

Thoughts by a neutral (non-naysaying) sort of chap:

0) You're right about it not being simple to deploy a space station at the
moon's Lagrange/libration point L1. Unlike the less useful points L4 and
L5, L1 is not a stable position and some form of thrusters would be required
to maintain said body in position.

1) The proximity of L1 to the moon (about 36,000 miles I estimate) does make
it handy for shopping trips to the lunar surface.

2) Building anything large in null gravity conditions has to be advantageous
(nothing new in that realisation).

3) It won't happen overnight, but it must be in the minds of many for the
future.

The articial body suggested would need to be of very substantial mass to
make any noticeable difference to the moon's elliptical trajectory.
However, if it eventually did get that big it would result in an increased
tidal flux and resultant transfer of more energy to the moon-satellite
combination i.e. a more rapid slowing of the earth's rotation and an
increased rate of recession, surely?

With regard to China: some interesting, emotive (and not always
well-informed) opinions exist about that growing super-race. Having spent
some considerable time there recently, first working in a high-tech
manufacturing environment, then attending trade fairs and subsequently being
an avid tourist, I have seen at first hand the phenomenal rate of growth of
the country, its industries and its people. The work ethic reigns supreme.
Just walk into a MacDonalds in any major city and see the students all
burning the midnight oil, bent over their books. Work with the people I did
and witness their dedication and respect for the companies they work for.
See the fantastic skyscrapers that put even those in the United States in
the shade for their transcendental beauty. Take the inland flights and 12
hour train journeys I did and see how many bridges, motorways, new factories
and conurbations are in constant development. Whatever anyone thinks they
know, based on the old China, should be forgotten now. That country is
yanking up its bootstraps and pulling out all the stops. China will rule
the planet in a couple of decades. Inevitably, it will then see the same
social decline we witness in the western world, but it will retain its
hardcore of technological excellence from which there is no turning back.
Yes, they have a poor human rights record in our western view, but they also
have a billion people to look after, a billion people who make up an engine
firing on all cylinders.

You're absolutely right - if we don't do it, they will.

Old November 30th 06, 04:40 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
lecherdog

captain. wrote:
"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:eae6e59d5164ece11a955239ae99df47.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...

flush

Besides, I'm absolutely certain that China will know exactly what to do.
So, why are so many of you folks getting yourselves so gosh darn huffy
or otherwise naysay about all of this?

Just because you don't have a masters degree in Chinese Mandarin doesn't
mean that we're out of luck. That's because China being smarter than
us, as such they'll learn our language (as many already have) in order
to accommodate their less fortunate (Mandarin illiterate) clients, such
as us.

if they are so great, what have they contributed in the last 500 years to
the rest of the world?

Up to now, I would say we contributed coolie cheap labor and sweat to
the world's industries, humiliations to last for a couple of
generations, and a constant boost of their glorious past of gunpowder,
compass, printing,... oh, yes, last, but not least, Confucius, the man
that tie China to the past and all its filth and beaucratic ways.

Old November 30th 06, 08:31 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"captain." wrote in message

if they are so great, what have they contributed in the last 500 years to
the rest of the world? sure, some things, but the country of china hardly
comes to mind when one thinks of great leaps forward in culture and
technology. if they are superior, as you suggest, then let them prove it by
achieving great accomplishments.

The vast and highly developed plus sufficiently intelligent nation of
China has accomplished and thereby contributed as much if not more to
the global advancements and survival of humanity than most any other lot
of souls you'd care to judge. However, unlike yourself and those of
your all-knowing kind, China isn't without its fair share of faults.

Therefore, I agree with your closing statement, but have you honest
intentions of allowing such to take place, or is promoting WW-III your
true intentions?
-
Brad Guth

Old November 30th 06, 08:50 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"TeaTime" wrote in message

You're absolutely right - if we don't do it, they will.

Very good topic yaysay feedback. At least it's looking possible that a
few others in Usenet land (besides the two of us village idiots) are
seeing the not so dim light at the end of that tunnel to China. The
locomotive headlight that's so glaring at us because it's in a
blue-shift phase as it's arriving from China at such a good rate of
velocity, whereas this is the sort of glaring headlight of what we'll
need to get ourselves out of the way, that is unless you don't mind
getting badly run over by that fast moving train.

Too bad we've blown so many constructive opportunities since before
WW-II.
-
Brad Guth

Old November 30th 06, 09:08 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"TeaTime" wrote in message

The articial body suggested would need to be of very substantial
mass to make any noticeable difference to the moon's elliptical
trajectory. However, if it eventually did get that big it would
result in an increased tidal flux and resultant transfer of more
energy to the moon-satellite combination i.e. a more rapid slowing
of the earth's rotation and an increased rate of recession, surely?

I'm not quite so sure. First of all, a somewhat less elliptical orbit
should represent a good thing for the global warming environment of
Earth. Secondly, it's unlikely that any amount of orbital mass that's
tethered to/from the moon and that of a substantial CM/ISS at L1 that's
basically 99.9% mass as obtained from the moon itself, is ever going to
cause a significant variation in the recession. At best the ongoing
recession might become slighty moderated.

Even my 256e6 tonne CM/ISS plus a few tens of thousands of other tonnes
of the primary and dipole tether elements shouldn't cause the moon to
fall towards Earth, at least not any time soon.

The option of station-keeping a Clarke Station sort of deployment of
whatever mass is relatively energy efficient, especially extra nifty if
using my Ra--LRn--Rn--ion thrusters.
-
Brad Guth

Old November 30th 06, 11:21 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
lechergod

ha ha h ahaha
this communists' dog is really brain-washed to be such a fool !!!
just take hearsay to be screwed in full !!!
ha ha hahahaha
since this communists' dog had got soul-sold, so cannot see how the
dynasty
changes so frequently and how anti-harmonic within each dynasty is.
liars can only hear to lies-telling and can only rely on such lies !!!
that is the only way for communists' dogs !!!!
h aha hahahahaah

KvekIT wrote:
captain. wrote:
"Brad Guth" wrote in message
[...]

If you rely on the last 500 years, it is not evident to point out China
as a great culture and technology source. But if you go back a little
further, China was the most advanced civ of the world. China will be
again the most advanced civ soon. Its domination will have left place to
european civs for a few centuries. But it is heading for success again.
500 years will be the duration of european domination. What will be next
is very hard to predict, but China will soon be back as a powerful empire.

--
http://geocities.com/lechergod/predict.htm
owner of email

*** THE *******S CANNOT MADE THE SIGNATURE IN VERY THIN COLOUR !!!
***

---
Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
Complaints to

Old November 30th 06, 11:25 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

KvekIT / Date: Thurs, Nov 30 2006 12:24 pm
If you rely on the last 500 years, it is not evident to point out China
as a great culture and technology source. But if you go back a little
further, China was the most advanced civ of the world. China will be
again the most advanced civ soon. Its domination will have left place to
european civs for a few centuries. But it is heading for success again.
500 years will be the duration of european domination. What will be next
is very hard to predict, but China will soon be back as a powerful empire.

I think China represents a rather intellectually powerful empire as is,
and certainly scientifically it isn't all that far behind, if at all.

It takes spare energy in order to produce/reproduce products and
services. China has spare energy and obviously more than a sufficient
number of intelligent folks that are not about to let such go to waste.

Short of natural disasters or the fiasco of WW-III, there's nothing
keeping China from the holy grail of owning our moon's L1.
-
Brad Guth