ISS transits during the Venus transit

Old June 14th 04, 08:24 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

Default ISS transits during the Venus transit

Did anyone catch ISS crossing the Sun during the Venus transit? There's
nothing on http://iss-transit.sourceforge.net/IssVenusTransit.html or
any of the newsgroups I look at.
--
What have they got to hide? Release the Beagle 2 report.
Old June 15th 04, 06:31 PM
stella info

Jonathan Silverlight
wrote

Did anyone catch ISS crossing the Sun during the Venus transit?

Yes, Tomas Muraska in Slovakia caught ISS as it transitted Venus in
transit across the Sun.
Old June 15th 04, 06:31 PM
stella info

Jonathan Silverlight
wrote

Old June 15th 04, 08:08 PM
Patty Winter

In article ,
stella info wrote:
Jonathan Silverlight
wrote

Did anyone catch ISS crossing the Sun during the Venus transit?

Yes, Tomas Muraska in Slovakia caught ISS as it transitted Venus in
transit across the Sun.

I tried a Google search on him and also checked sci.astro and
sci.astro.amateur, all with no luck. Do you know whether his
photos are posted somewhere?

Patty

Old June 15th 04, 08:08 PM
Patty Winter

In article ,
stella info wrote:
Jonathan Silverlight
wrote

Old June 15th 04, 08:54 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Patty Winter
writes
In article ,
stella info wrote:
Jonathan Silverlight
wrote

Did anyone catch ISS crossing the Sun during the Venus transit?

Yes, Tomas Muraska in Slovakia caught ISS as it transitted Venus in
transit across the Sun.

I tried a Google search on him and also checked sci.astro and
sci.astro.amateur, all with no luck. Do you know whether his
photos are posted somewhere?

I posted the question here because I'd seen it asked on
uk.sci.astronomy, and there was a reply that it's on the European
Southern Observatory site at
http://www.vt-2004.org/photos/images/vt-photo-01-toma.jpg. Very
pretty!
Old June 15th 04, 08:54 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Patty Winter
writes
In article ,
stella info wrote:
Jonathan Silverlight
wrote

Old June 15th 04, 10:22 PM
Larry Brash

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

I posted the question here because I'd seen it asked on
uk.sci.astronomy, and there was a reply that it's on the European
Southern Observatory site at
http://www.vt-2004.org/photos/images/vt-photo-01-toma.jpg. Very pretty!

Great shot. It looks like a flock of ducks! ;-)

--
Larry Brash

Old June 15th 04, 11:12 PM
Patty Winter

In article ,
Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

I posted the question here because I'd seen it asked on
uk.sci.astronomy, and there was a reply that it's on the European
Southern Observatory site at
http://www.vt-2004.org/photos/images/vt-photo-01-toma.jpg. Very
pretty!

Wow, that's some photograph! (Or series of photos, I should say.)
Talk about a once-in-a-lifetime photo!

Patty