Orion's Sword

Old February 17th 08, 10:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Zyp

Default Orion's Sword

I heard there was some fantastic viewing going on around "Orion's Sword?"
Anyone here anything?

--
Zyp

Old February 18th 08, 09:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Odysseus[_1_]

In article ,
"Zyp" wrote:

I heard there was some fantastic viewing going on around "Orion's Sword?"
Anyone here anything?

The principal attraction there is the Great Orion Nebula, M42 or NGC
1976, containing the multiple-star system known as the Trapezium. Also
found in the immediate vicinity are De Mairan's Nebula, M43 / NGC 1982,
and the "Running Man" nebula-&-cluster complex NGC 1973, 1975 & 1977. A
Web search should turn up plenty of photos of these objects, as well as
observing notes of viewing them through various 'scopes.

--
Odysseus
Old February 19th 08, 06:22 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

The view there is always fantastic, Zyp. The Onion Nebula (M42) alone
makes it so.

Saul Levy

Old February 19th 08, 04:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Zyp

Saul Levy wrote:
The view there is always fantastic, Zyp. The Onion Nebula (M42) alone
makes it so.

Saul Levy

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:08:15 -0800, "Zyp" wrote:

I heard there was some fantastic viewing going on around "Orion's
Sword?" Anyone here anything?

I found the Nebula - but was told there was some interesting action around
the sword - [top of the constellation.] Was wondering if anyone heard
anything?

--
Zyp

Old February 20th 08, 02:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
TomThumb[_2_]

On Feb 19, 9:38*am, "Zyp" wrote:
Saul Levy wrote:
The view there is always fantastic, Zyp. *The Onion Nebula (M42) alone
makes it so.

Saul Levy

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:08:15 -0800, "Zyp" wrote:

I heard there was some fantastic viewing going on around "Orion's
Sword?" Anyone here anything?

I found the Nebula - but was told there was some interesting action around
the sword - [top of the constellation.] *Was wondering if anyone heard
anything?

--
Zyp

(LMAO)...They've never heard of the sword, Zyp. They are too busy
trying to fake you out. Plagiarizing encyclopedias, and "oh, what a
lovely view".

A common distraction used by those that don't have a clue.

And the sword is quite unmistakeable, if you get the big picture.
Better off viewing in private, or they'll become jealous. Feel they
are not among

........."the chosen".
Old February 20th 08, 08:57 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"Zyp" wrote in message
newseudnaIqnc6amybanZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d@championbroa dband.com...

I found the Nebula - but was told there was some interesting action around
the sword - [top of the constellation.] Was wondering if anyone heard
anything?

--
Zyp

'Lo Zyp --

Just off the edge of the sword (or club, as is
sometimes depicted) is the planet Mars. And
Mars is almost always interesting. And back
on 2/15, both planets, Mars and Selene (the
Moon) were in Taurus and ready to be pierced
(or clubbed) by Orion.

hth

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine

P.S. Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S. (shh) Some secret sites...
http://painellsworth.net
http://savethechildren.org
http://eBook-eDen.secretsgolden.com

Old February 20th 08, 11:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Father Haskell

On Feb 20, 3:57 am, "Painius" wrote:
"Zyp" wrote in message

newseudnaIqnc6amybanZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d@championbroa dband.com...

I found the Nebula - but was told there was some interesting action around
the sword - [top of the constellation.] Was wondering if anyone heard
anything?

--
Zyp

'Lo Zyp --

Just off the edge of the sword (or club, as is
sometimes depicted) is the planet Mars. And
Mars is almost always interesting. And back
on 2/15, both planets, Mars and Selene (the
Moon) were in Taurus and ready to be pierced
(or clubbed) by Orion.

What is the bright star nearest to Mars? Interesting
to watch the apparent distance between the two change
from night to night.
Old February 21st 08, 04:14 AM posted to alt.astronomy
TomThumb[_2_]

"Zyp" wrote in message

newseudnaIqnc6amybanZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d@championbro adband.com...

I found the Nebula - but was told there was some interesting action around
the sword - [top of the constellation.] *Was wondering if anyone heard
anything?

--
Zyp

'Lo Zyp --

Just off the edge of the sword (or club, as is
sometimes depicted) is the planet Mars. *And
Mars is almost always interesting. *And back
on 2/15, both planets, Mars and Selene (the
Moon) were in Taurus and ready to be pierced
(or clubbed) by Orion.

What is the bright star nearest to Mars? *Interesting
to watch the apparent distance between the two change
from night to night.- Hide quoted text -

Dunno. But it's also interesting to watch that star that moved near
the moon, and watch it's distance change.

Noticed how the moon has cleaved? Especially, on a crescent.
Old February 21st 08, 12:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

The whole constellation of Orion is full of wonderful nebulae, Zyp.

The sword is not in the top though. M42 is the middle of the sword.

Saul Levy

Old February 21st 08, 12:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Since I'm the only other user quoted: I know the sword well, Tom.
Used to have a poster of the Trapezium on my wall. It was taken by
the 120" telescope at Lick Observatory. You ever heard of the
Trapezium?

Saul Levy

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:59:04 -0800 (PST), TomThumb
wrote:

On Feb 19, 9:38*am, "Zyp" wrote:
Saul Levy wrote:
[...]

there, Hakim never admires until Hakim satisfys the back sword afterwards Barry Mambo Amateur Astronomy 0 December 26th 07 12:08 AM
connection #prep yellow sword [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 0 August 17th 07 08:56 PM
MOST RELIABLE Orion's Solar Panels - just FOUR moving parts (in total) vs. 46 parts of the Orion's "Butterfly" gaetanomarano Policy 4 May 21st 07 07:44 PM
Orion's APO Doink Amateur Astronomy 141 January 6th 04 06:57 AM
Traveler First Light (Oh no... yet another Orion's Sword image!) Paul Hyndman Amateur Astronomy 16 December 28th 03 01:16 AM