CFI: Canonical List of Sci-Fi "Real" Astronauts

Old November 20th 04, 01:57 AM
OM

On 19 Nov 2004 02:20:18 -0600, :7501 wrote:

Don't forget the kids in SpaceCamp who no doubt got their Astronaut Wings
after they landed. When they got back to school after the trip and asked
"what did you do on your summer vacation?" they replied : "Oh, I got to go
into space by accident."

....Someone tell this [censored] to...trim. his. quotes. god. DAMM. it.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old November 20th 04, 01:58 AM
OM

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 02:06:22 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

If "Jeannie" is in, so should those two cosmonauts be who landed on
Gilligan's Island, comrade R. Mosley! :-)

....Did I say *not* to count those two? I coulda sworn I said to
include them.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old November 20th 04, 02:01 AM
OM

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:19:33 GMT, "w9gb"
wrote:

Organizing the data (list) may be a challenge.

You could go by source/origin (e.g., Book/Novel, short story, movie, TV
special or series episode) and then decade of first publication/airing, etc.

....Probably going by Movie, then TV, then Book/Novel, then Comic Book,
then whatever else floats by.

....Oh, one other addition: that 1970 Bibble Thumper drama about the
Astronaut who was going to kill himself on the Moon, and got talked
out of it using Bible logic.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old November 20th 04, 02:02 AM
OM

On 19 Nov 2004 12:54:40 -0800, (covin) wrote:

this is not true

....No, but guess what is? Your permanent ticket to Killfile Hell!

plonk

....Ignorant troll wasn't even worth a full-sized PLONK!

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old November 20th 04, 04:03 PM

Lt. Col. Joseph Faulk, U.S. Marines, from Jeff Sutton's "Apollo at Go".

Ditto Max Kovacs and Les Mallon. Remember the actual launch date in
that book? It was July 5th, 1969. If Sutton had done a wee bit more
research, he probably would have found the best July 1969 launch
window from the Cape....Always loved that book.......
Old November 20th 04, 04:39 PM
Bob Werner

"Men into Space" TV series
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-6055/
Edward McCauley

--Bob Werner
Old November 20th 04, 05:26 PM
Graeme Carrott

In article , Jonathan Silverlight
writes

Victor Carroon and Professor Bernard Quatermass.

Chuck Marshall and a cosmonaut, onboard the Shuttle 'rocket' in
Quatermass (aka 'The Quatermass Conclusion') - plus the unknown
astro/cosmo who dies in the break-up of the 'Hands Across Space' project
at the start of said tv-series/film version.

Colin McIntyre, NASA astronaut in 'Mutineers Moon', by David Weber.
--
Graeme Carrott
Membership Secretary/Treasurer, Air North
Old November 20th 04, 05:39 PM
LooseChanj

I simply cannot believe that no one has mentioned the South Park kids,
who have been in space *twice*. (Except for Cartman, who's made the
trip 5 times.) *AND* the first Ethiopian in space, Starvin' Marvin'.
Old November 20th 04, 10:19 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
On 19 Nov 2004 02:20:18 -0600, :7501 wrote:

Don't forget the kids in SpaceCamp who no doubt got their Astronaut Wings
after they landed. When they got back to school after the trip and asked
"what did you do on your summer vacation?" they replied : "Oh, I got to

go
into space by accident."

...Someone tell this [censored] to...trim. his. quotes. god. DAMM. it.

Does remind me, what about the kid that stow-away on an Apollo mission.
Some cheesy movie.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

Old November 20th 04, 10:19 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"LooseChanj" wrote in message
.. .
I simply cannot believe that no one has mentioned the South Park kids,
who have been in space *twice*. (Except for Cartman, who's made the
trip 5 times.) *AND* the first Ethiopian in space, Starvin' Marvin'.

And did Homer get mentioned?

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Lunar 100 - April S&T phil Amateur Astronomy 39 March 19th 04 12:51 PM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM