Scientists 'freezing' light for one second

Old August 19th 05, 01:29 AM
SuperCool Plasma

Default Scientists 'freezing' light for one second

Scientists 'freezing' light for one second

According to Physical Review Letters, Australian scientists succeeded in
"freezing" light in its tracks for one second with a new optical
trapping technique.

Mo
http://english.people.com.cn/200508/...16_202822.html

Old August 19th 05, 02:45 AM
Twittering One

Where do you do your best
Thinking?

Old August 19th 05, 03:56 AM
Twittering One

"Bombastic
Bombardment ~ ?"
~ Zoe

"I touched a miracle, really,
I was pilot of my star. An obsessing combination,
My Ontological Inscape,

Trickery fires The Love, an idea, mine,
For a Golden Mind mined Of ~ Of code, ours, yours,
For our similar character,

Our years,
Looking at five lucky stars, our ears hearing
Inside, outside,

To store for always, as if we are a star
I touched,

Staring ~

Miracle of A,
Inscrolled, unscrewed ~ Taking a word, yours, mine,
Ours,

Lines of the notes of our points,
Until our relative secrecies recite harmony of you,

Me, our
Written secrecies, our Soul's Society ~ !

Or until with, or without warning,
The STARS gleam surprisingly and funnily,
Unlock

The lucky hinges of the STAR five, Quincunx,
Inside, outside,

To always store Thee ~ In the order, as, us Stars,
In order to touch a miracle,

Noir,
Which really occurred, our star, I plot, I pilot ..."
~ Twittering

"Our star, I plot,
I pilot, too ~ !"
~ Capsicum

"Forsooth,
Peppermint ~ !"
~ Folly

"Bard, O,
Where ~ ?"
~ The Annotator

Old August 19th 05, 02:03 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Twitty Reality is I've frozen a ray of light in space for
infinity,and just a trillion trillion part of a second after leaving its
source. You are right Twitty when you posted I was clever. I am to
old for me to be modest about how clever I am. I might just as well
make the most of it in my dimming twilight years. Why be humble I've
done that all my life. I use to be "humble Herby" Now I'm "big bad
Bert" Be interesting Twitty what my adversaries do to me after reading
this post. With my wit I could have a lot of fun with it (me). Bert

Old August 20th 05, 03:49 AM
Twittering One

"Hi Twitty ~
Reality is I've frozen a ray of light in space
For infinity,

And just a trillion trillion part of a second
After leaving its source.

You are right, Twitty,
When you posted I was clever.
I am too old for me to be modest about how clever
I am."
~ Bert

"How clever, Bert,
Are you? Have I seen your cleverness before?"
~ Twittering

Old August 20th 05, 03:55 AM
Twittering One

"Ecstatic occasions,
Expedient forms ~ !"
~ The Annotator

"What about the Swiss aliens?
Did they run away in abject terror
Again?"
~ Bookman

"I object! I object! I object!
Your Parliamentary Procedure,
O, so out of whack ~ !

If it pleases you,
Or conversely, if you'll agree to pleasure me,
I will gladly, to you, demonstrate
A proper motion, a properly executed delusion
For inclusion ~ !"
~ Calvin

"What about the Swiss aliens?
Did they run away in abject terror
Again?"
~ Bookman

"I object! I object! I object!
Your Parliamentary Procedure,
O, so out of whack ~ !

If it pleases you,
Or conversely, if you'll agree to please me,
I will gladly, to you, demonstrate
A proper motion, a properly executed delusion
For inclusion ~ !"
~ Calvin

"Coming into the country,
Traveling very far from The Land Of Alaskan Yaks ~ !

Get back ~ !

Something very strange, I have captured,
Something very, very odd, no name,
Nonetheless, all the same,
Something that resembles a very highly over ~ vexed white rabbit,

Marching hurriedly, too clever by half, clearly over harried,
Too over ~
Taxed by time,
Who pockets a pocket watch

Too
Tick
Tocking
Tick
Tocking
Tick
Too
Tick
Tocking
Tick
Tocking
Too

Unlock
A clock @ Mid Nyte ~ !"
~ J McPhee

[O, scene iii, @ Midnight,
Under the chiming clock @ The Sherry Lagin]

!3 O'clock...

*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!)

"O, deer.
The clock, something off,
No?"
~ White Chalk

*

"Amphigory Allegory Order Comic Divine
Profane ~

Icon, half yours,
Half mine.

Old August 20th 05, 03:57 AM
Twittering One

~ * ~

"Out here, abandon that would

Set us right ~ there's
Another! ~ to what we'd missed.
So much closer than one cares
Is whom we long to kiss."

~ JD McClatchy,
From "Perseid Shower,"
From "Stars Principal"

[p. 23]

*

"Twittering, I do, for I am a Twittering
My tale for you, for me,
A scribbler I be.

And as you surely see, scribble
I do ~ Both in silvered air, as well,
My silver screen.

And papyrus, too, knows my words ~ Reeds,
A Devlin, a very wise,
Clever gentleman, too,

My wood ~ winded instrument, my Orphic lyre,
Blewing
Wing ...

Mum said to me ..."
~ Twittering

"Writers write."
~ Anne Bernays

Old August 20th 05, 03:59 AM
Twittering One

"1, 2 ~ Buckle my shoe,
Capsicum.

2, 3, 4 ~ Shoe, fly, shoe ~ !
Who's Marching Orders obey you ~ ?"
~ Folly

"5, 6, 7, 8 ~ How high,
How now, Brown cow, or Moo Moo Moo, do you ~ ?

If so, may I, may I, O,
Capsicum, pretty please, O, may I please
Drink gleefully,

O, so gratefully, your nourishing milk,
Dear Capsicum,
From your Waterford goblet's Cup of Love ~ ?

Or perhaps, a porcelain
Cow from Delft, you offer me ~ ?"
~ Twittering

"1, 2 ~ Buckle my shoe, O,
Capsicum.

2, 3, 4 ~ Shoe, fly, shoe ~ !
Who's Marching Orders do you obey,
Who stole your heart today ~ ?"
~ Folly

"OH MY GOSH ~
This is the best thing since sliced cheese."
~ Capsicum

~ * Moo Cow O Wow * ~
More utter, more milk for only you, guzzle greedily, no other
Litter mates to steal supper from you ~ !

www.moocow.com

A Matter of Fact Needs Met
Address
~ * ~

"1, 2 ~ Buckle my shoe, O,
Capsicum.

2, 3, 4 ~ Shoe, fly, shoe ~ !
Who's Marching Orders do you obey,
Who stole your heart today ~ ?"
~ Twittering

"Who plays your piper,
Who's updraft flew blows your woodwind flute,
Who pucks your chords, who's tune, you hum ~ ?"
~ Folly

"Who's haunting melody enchants you,
Who's haunting haunts do you call home ~ ?

For I am very lost,
Very alone, very far gone,
Going nowhere in particular, round and round again ..."
~ Twittering

"Heaven is hot,
So wash and wear your flowing Moo Moo.
O wow, O cow, O, know ~ Now, I'm dizzy, O, so woozy ...
Bulls, cows, bears howl ferociously

Over there ~ !"
~ Coppola

Old August 20th 05, 04:00 AM
Twittering One

"... following hoof
Prints into the forest again, as if the audience, too,
Had been cast

Into deeper contrivance, courtly romance, roman a clef,
As night fell,

The most dramatic effect employed to reenter the scene,
Forming a hidden passage, then leaving

The audience ashore, with only
The natural mise ~ en ~ scene ..."
~ Quincunx

"The evolving subject's name,
However rare, lights
This dead ~ end passage explained

By an empty chair, cogent
Canon of versions
Decorative and ancient

As scattered hoof prints
Led, read us into the forest
Again."
~ White Chalk

"O's & 1's,
1's & O's, O, yes, I know, just ~

A binary canary,
A slivered byrd in flight ~ Silvering wings aflutter ...

Too much insight,
Too much light, an upwind flight, she flew, blew,
To light upon the earth, solid ground ~ !"
~ Folly

"... and round and round
She flies ~

A spiral nebula she describes,
A Nouveau Universe inscribed, etching silver air ~ !"
~ Zoe

"... while
I linger secretly, haunting her lair's stair
With leering stares."
~ Danglyn

~ * ~