What if(On Life on Moons

Old July 21st 10, 03:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

Default What if(On Life on Moons

On Jul 21, 9:27*am, Brad Guth wrote:
On Jul 20, 6:26*pm, "Hagar" hagen@sahm,name wrote:

"bert" wrote in message

Well the two large moons of Jupiter have the best chance in our solar
system. *Say we find a star like our Sun having a Jupiter size
planet(gas) and it is orbiting 100,000,000 miles from it. Hmmm *Now it
has two Moons both Earth in size. *Picture it they both could have
intelligent life. Best to keep in mind our solar system has many more
Moons than planets. I kind of like this thinking. *Ya know its kind of
scary *What if we are all alone in this vast universe,and just as
scary is What if there are billions of aliens * Which scares you the
most? * TreBert

During the orbital period on the "dark side" of the Jupiter-like
planet, you'd freeze your cajones off, cooked well-done by radiation.
the "sunny side" transit would then give them the crispiness of KFC.
Stay in your Florida **** hole, BeeertBrain.

That's true unless being an Earth sized moon should give some options
that one could manage to live with. *It would be best if the host
planet was something 10X Jupiter mass, as a sub-brown or black dwarf
would offer just enough IR heat, though nothing of any visible light.

A thick layer of ice is actually a darn good radiation shield. *Even
as little as 10 meters thick might be sufficient. *Most icy moons
should offer several hundred meters thick ice.

*~ BG- Hide quoted text -

There is "Drake math. as telling us what the number of planets with
life forms could be. Best to keep in mind that math is not always on
the money.(Godel) knew that TreBert
Old July 21st 10, 04:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

"bert" wrote in message

[...]

In many ways those newly found red and brown dwarf stars or minimal
main sequence of 0.1 Ms are as good as anything for accommodating
nearby planets and their moons. Inside of Earth and in deep oceans
are all sorts of complex life that have never seen a ray of sunlight,
so obviously having a UV spectrum isn't all that essential.

Eyes sensitive to IR and otherwise creating their own thermo and
bioluminescence seems perfectly doable for life on planets or moons
having little if any sunlight to work with. There could even be life
within our moon/Selene.

~ BG
Old July 21st 10, 04:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

"bert" wrote in message
There is "Drake math. as telling us what the number of planets with
life forms could be. Best to keep in mind that math is not always on
the money

The Drake equation is a joke.

We are alone. Deal with it.

--
"You can't enslave a truly free man. The most you can do is kill him" -RAH

What if(On Life on Moons bert Misc 12 July 23rd 10 12:21 AM
#89 Is there anything that Intelligent life can do to tag EMradiation as a unique signature of life itself? Tried maser, tried [email protected] Astronomy Misc 3 April 30th 08 06:02 PM
Life on Saturn's moons? Pat Flannery History 27 September 13th 05 08:54 PM
Life on Saturn's moons? Pat Flannery Policy 22 September 13th 05 08:54 PM