Every action has equal & opposite reaction?

Old July 2nd 08, 12:58 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

Default Every action has equal & opposite reaction?

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote...
in message ...

Painius You ended with the closed end of he gun. Here you are given me
the visa versa. Balloon filed with air of 35psi with no
opening stays put. It has equal pressure on every square inch inside.
Its rubber sides have blown up and it is a ball because its inside
pressure is greater than the 14,5 pressure outside. Poke a pin in it and
it will explode(I love to do that ) Make he right size hole and the
pressure on the inside rubber will push against that 14.5 because it
is about 21 psi stronger. Its the end that still has the pressure but
yes it is losing it.fast Its not the open nozzle that is doing any
pushing. Well Painius lets put it down as thinking in the right
direction,and that is the push direction(had to get that in) Newton
still had it kind of right Go figure Bert

Newton had this *very* kind of right, Bert. Phoenix
couldn't have made it to Mars without the principle of
motion behind Newton's third law.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S.: http://painellsworth.net

Old July 2nd 08, 01:07 AM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

Here's a brain teaser for you. Should be right up Zinni's alley. :-)

http://home.earthlink.net/~lenyr/jet.htm
Old July 2nd 08, 03:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Painius Phoenix could get to Mars with my thinking of inner push. If
using jet of gas out it begs the question. What is the outward gas
(rear) pushing against to move rocket (forward) When I jump up I
push against the ground. If I release a coiled up spring with its
ends open it goes no where. One end has to be against something to keep
it from uncoiling so all the spring push is transmitted to the other
end(the moving end) Painius Reality is I came up with inner pressure
push with my tongue in my cheek,but made such I good argument that I;'m
laughing. Still its best we think things out in every direction,and
that is what "equal,but opposite reactions are all about" Go figure
Bert

Old July 2nd 08, 03:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

oc Much thanks for that site. It fits well with my push thinking. I
did think of Feynman's sprinkler experiment he performed in the cellar
of MIT before going to post my single reaction "Push theory" Feynman
was lucky he was not cut by that exploding glass cooler. Best to keep
in mind when I put my experiment together to show inertia reaction has a
time lapse I used water. Water transmits energy almost instantaneously
being that it is none compressible bert

Old July 2nd 08, 04:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On Jul 2, 7:26*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

If
using jet of gas out it begs the question. What is the outward gas
(rear) pushing against to move rocket (forward)?

The gas, being under acceleration, is 'pushing against' its own
resting inertia. The 'push' occurs only in the region of the gas
stream that is under acceleration, peaking at the narrowest point of
the rocket nozzle. No acceleration = no 'push'.

When I jump up I
push against the ground. *

Now try jumping up without accelerating, and see how far off the
ground you get. * *

If I release a coiled up spring with its
ends open it goes no where. One end has to be against something to keep
it from uncoiling so all the spring push is transmitted to the other
end (the moving end).

Did you ever play with a Slinky and watch the reflected compression-
rarefaction waves running back and forth? Those are also inertial-
accelerational waves. *

that is what "equal, but opposite reactions are all about"

But without an acceleration/(deceleration) component there is no
'reaction'.

Old July 2nd 08, 06:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

oc You say the gas is pushing against itself(own inertia) I relate that
by kicking myself in the ass to accelerate me forward. Or picking myself
up with my suspenders. Jumping up I start decelerating just as soon as
my knees straighten out. At my age 1.5 feet is as high a jump I can
achieve. Cone shape of a rockets back compression wall is its best
shape.(Curved) Keeping the pressure steady at the compression inner wall
of rocket gives it time to accelerate. Greater heat greater
compression,and that is why aluminum powder is spayed into the
combustion chamber. Bert PS I will bring in the great push up force of
bouyancy to help my argument(If need be)

Old July 2nd 08, 06:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff▲Relf[_30_]

Default One end is moving hella faster than the other.

The ends of a compressed spring move over a distance when released,
even if the center doesn't.

In the case of a rocket, one end is moving hella faster than the other.
( “ hella ” means “ very ” )

Old July 2nd 08, 09:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Timberwoof[_2_]

In article ,
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

oc You say the gas is pushing against itself(own inertia) I relate that
by kicking myself in the ass to accelerate me forward. Or picking myself
up with my suspenders.

Try this: Put yourself and a small pile of bricks in an old Radio Flyer
wagon, and the wagon on a level surface. Now start throwing bricks off
the back of the wagon, as hard as you can, as level as you can.

What do you think will happen to you and the wagon?

Jumping up I start decelerating just as soon as
my knees straighten out. At my age 1.5 feet is as high a jump I can
achieve. Cone shape of a rockets back compression wall is its best
shape.(Curved) Keeping the pressure steady at the compression inner wall
of rocket gives it time to accelerate. Greater heat greater
compression,and that is why aluminum powder is spayed into the
combustion chamber. Bert PS I will bring in the great push up force of
bouyancy to help my argument(If need be)

How about you just realize that as you make the little atoms accelerate
out of the back end of the rocket, it makes the rocket accelerate in the
other direction?

--
Timberwoof me at timberwoof dot com
http://www.timberwoof.com
Old July 2nd 08, 09:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Timber I relate that throwing bricks to pushing the wagon with my
feet,as I did. It is push. The opposite action to push is pull. Hot
gasses create pressure in the walls of a rocket and the front closed
wall is under pressure,and the pressure of gas on that wall makes it
move forward into a far less pressure area Should outside the rocket be
a vacuum ,than that is best for two reasons Bert

Old July 3rd 08, 08:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote...
in message ...

Timber I relate that throwing bricks to pushing the wagon with my
feet,as I did. It is push. The opposite action to push is pull. Hot
gasses create pressure in the walls of a rocket and the front closed
wall is under pressure,and the pressure of gas on that wall makes it
move forward into a far less pressure area Should outside the rocket be
a vacuum ,than that is best for two reasons Bert

Bert, you're still not getting it, my friend...

It won't matter how much pressure you push with your
feet on the inside wall of the wagon, and it won't matter
how long you push with your feet. You can sit there all
friggin' day and night pushing your feet up against that
wagon wall, and i guarantee you won't move one iota of
a centimeter until you throw out that brick!

It's the throwing of the brick that moves the wagon, NOT
your feet pushing against the inside wall.

Newton didn't know gravity very well, but he had motion
down... right down to the ground.

Try this... push as hard as you can with your feet, and
then throw the brick in the *forward* direction, throw it
in the same direction you're pushing hard with your feet.

No matter how hard you push with your feet, by throwing
the brick forward, this will cause you and the wagon to
move BACKWARD!

Every time.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!