Space Too Big For Contact, Interaction

Old May 28th 18, 01:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Space Too Big For Contact, Interaction

How long do you believe an intelligent and inventive
species can exist?

Well, if we're any example, then I'd say, not all that long !

We're about to poison ourselves out of existence.

You might want to read Arthur Clarke's sci-fi book
"The Fountains of Paradise",
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fountains_of_Paradise

It describes "starglider" on pages 74, 82, 92 to 96.
Interesting ideas.

Interesting, but realize that science "fiction" is just that.
Old May 28th 18, 04:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

On 5/28/2018 5:30 AM, wrote:

How long do you believe an intelligent and inventive
species can exist?

Well, if we're any example, then I'd say, not all that long !

We're about to poison ourselves out of existence.

You might want to read Arthur Clarke's sci-fi book
"The Fountains of Paradise",
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fountains_of_Paradise

It describes "starglider" on pages 74, 82, 92 to 96.
Interesting ideas.

Interesting, but realize that science "fiction" is just that.

But Arthur Clarke worked in Science before he became
an author of fiction.

At a minimum, go to a library and get the book,
and read pages 72 to 74, 82 to 85, and 92 to 96.
The pages about "Starglider" are certainly fiction,
but they very well describe the issue you talked
about in your original post.

"Contact" and "interaction" may indeed be possible,
even if the distances and possible speed may make
face to face meetings impossible.

Old May 29th 18, 12:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 12:58:37 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your perspective, the
distances between stars are far too great, to reasonably permit
contact or interaction between intelligent species.

There are likely many ( perhaps infinite ) cases where intelligent
life has evolved and reached a technology for spave travel, but the
constraint of the light speed limit, and likely something far slower,
is perhibitive of contact or interaction.

This is confirmed by the fact that we've seen no contact so far.

That and the Earth has the highest life form.I think we are alone.Unique and do not apreciate it.Bert
Old May 29th 18, 02:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

**** "reber G=emc^2" wrote:
snip SwineBert's phony attempt to seek Pity & Sympathy,
since Bert bragged: "Going to CA was Bert's one-way trip,
cuz Bert is such a stupid **** & always very full of it".Bert.
"Being Jewish I know this is so very true" -- Bert.

"Reality is, for Bert it will only get much worse & very bitter,
till he explains why SwineBert is a filthy & kinky Face-****ter."

See details in: ------- Glazier's Dossier -------
e.g. http://tinyurl.com/Swine-Glazier-s-REAL-intent for which
GOPers put https://tinyurl.com/Glazier-in-Mental-Institution
for being http://tinyurl.com/The-Chosen-Graveyard-Vandal &
for pimping https://tinyurl.com/Glazier-s-sexual-harassments

out of https://tinyurl.com/Glazier-s-Xmas-Hitler-Van thath made
Bert suffer from PTSD, "President Trump Stress Syndrome"
since https://tinyurl.com/Trump-is-walking-all-over-Bert as
http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-s-de-Minting is still going on. Bert
Pity.

"Why am I posting this, it's making me cry as it always does".Bert

______ "Why am I not loved by all?". Bert.

hmmm... snicker chuckle chortle ROTFLMAO

Old May 29th 18, 09:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 4:17:15 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 12:58:37 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your perspective, the
distances between stars are far too great, to reasonably permit
contact or interaction between intelligent species.

There are likely many ( perhaps infinite ) cases where intelligent
life has evolved and reached a technology for spave travel, but the
constraint of the light speed limit, and likely something far slower,
is perhibitive of contact or interaction.

This is confirmed by the fact that we've seen no contact so far.

That and the Earth has the highest life form.I think we are alone.Unique and do not apreciate it.Bert

Universe is getting bigger,and bigger as I type.in 285 years we will still be alone.That s a given Bert
Old May 29th 18, 09:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Herbert Glazier" wrote that
"as I type.in 285 years That s a given and SwineBert's phony

Old May 29th 18, 09:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

I'll see about getting the book, or you might scan some pages and
attach to Email. I have read a lot of his stuff, but nothing recently.

Still, the elevator would have to operate well in excess of light
speed to be interstellar practical. Or some kind of a breach in the
space-time continuum.

Both are impossible except in fiction.