Three - stage, completely reusable spaceplane, reaching not onlyLEO, but Moon, Mars, asteroids.

Old June 25th 16, 12:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Three - stage, completely reusable spaceplane, reaching not onlyLEO, but Moon, Mars, asteroids.

300 psi composite tanks with a 1.5x safety factor, feeding a MEMS based rocket array can be built very cheaply and operated reliably and safely. A LOX/LH2 tank the same size as the Space Shuttle ET can be built with a 2.5 gee thrust capacity and mass with recovery hardware, 7% of the take off weight and cost less than $20 million to build.

With a 4 km/sec exhaust speed at sea level rising to 4.4 km/sec exhaust speed in vacuum,

Liquid Hydrogen 112.3 tonnes
Liquid Oxygen 617.7 tonnes
Total 730.0 tonnes
Structu 54.9 tonnes
Tank Hardwa 23.5 tonnes

This alone puts 42.4 tonnes into LEO.

Bigger than a Delta IV heavy (28.8 tonnes to LEO).

Three tanks, side by side, with two outboard tanks operating at 2.5 gees with a 1.6 gee take off acceleration, and the inboard tank off - then they are dropped and the inboard tank ramped up.

This puts 194.8 tonnes into LEO.

Bigger than a Saturn V (140.0 tonnes to LEO)

A 4.5 km/sec exhaust speed in vacuum imparting a 3.0 km/sec delta vee to get to the moon and 0.8 km/sec to enter lunar orbit and 1.0 km/sec to leave lunar orbit and return to Earth - requires a 66.4% propellant fraction. This is 28.2 tonnes of propellant in the single element launcher and 129.4 tonnes of propellant in the three element launcher. The vehicle is 2 tonnes and 9 tonnes respectively. The useful load is 12.2 tonnes and 56.4 tonnes respectively. Enough for 12 passengers and 56 passengers respectively and rocket belt and fuel.

They use rocket belts and biosuits to land five times each and return from the lunar surface during their stay in the orbiting hotel.

http://rocketbelt.nl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRqnTODwvEA

Old July 1st 16, 07:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Jeff Findley wrote:

In article ,
says...

300 psi composite tanks with a 1.5x safety factor, feeding a MEMS
based rocket array...

Oh look, "spreadsheet engineering" based on research projects. What a
surprise. :-P

MicroPlanet Gravity lets the loons out of the killfile after a specified
period of time (more like probation instead of a life sentence). So
when someone comes back out, I'll take a look to see if they're
behaving.

I see Mook is still babbling on about the same old $hit and talking to
himself. Oh well, back to the killfile!

Yeah. I just ignore his exercises in arithmetic.

territory."
--G. Behn
Old July 2nd 16, 04:08 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

That's you you clueless ass.

On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 6:30:53 PM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

**** off asshole. From the safety of your Mom's basement, you talk all sorts of **** don't you?

Go take some lithium, asshat...

On Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 1:02:22 AM UTC+12, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

300 psi composite tanks with a 1.5x safety factor, feeding a MEMS
based rocket array...

Oh look, "spreadsheet engineering" based on research projects. What a
surprise. :-P

MicroPlanet Gravity lets the loons out of the killfile after a specified
period of time (more like probation instead of a life sentence). So
when someone comes back out, I'll take a look to see if they're
behaving.

I see Mook is still babbling on about the same old $hit and talking to
himself. Oh well, back to the killfile!

Jeff

Old July 2nd 16, 04:09 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Yeah, ignoring math is the way to do rocket science - NOT! lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBttQmhDBw

On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 6:29:57 PM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Jeff Findley wrote:

In article ,
says...

Old July 2nd 16, 08:11 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

That's you you clueless ass.

And yet you're the one having the conniption fit and swearing at
people who say they don't bother with you.

Old July 2nd 16, 08:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

Yeah, ignoring math is the way to do rocket science - NOT! lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBttQmhDBw

You don't do 'math'. You do inappropriate arithmetic.

On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 6:29:57 PM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Jeff Findley wrote:

In article ,
says...

300 psi composite tanks with a 1.5x safety factor, feeding a MEMS
based rocket array...

Oh look, "spreadsheet engineering" based on research projects. What a
surprise. :-P

MicroPlanet Gravity lets the loons out of the killfile after a specified
period of time (more like probation instead of a life sentence). So
when someone comes back out, I'll take a look to see if they're
behaving.

I see Mook is still babbling on about the same old $hit and talking to
himself. Oh well, back to the killfile!

Yeah. I just ignore his exercises in arithmetic.

territory."
--G. Behn

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old July 6th 16, 07:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 7:13:17 AM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

Yeah, ignoring math is the way to do rocket science - NOT! lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBttQmhDBw

You don't do 'math'. You do inappropriate arithmetic.

Nonsense. Only an idiot like you would say the Tsiolkovski rocket equation in inappropriate. lol.

On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 6:29:57 PM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Jeff Findley wrote:

In article ,
says...