Virtual Apollo - a Gray's Anatomy of the Command & Service modules

Old July 15th 03, 08:56 PM
Jay Windley

Default Virtual Apollo - a Gray's Anatomy of the Command & Service modules

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
| On 15 Jul 2003 09:29:42 -0700, (Rusty B) wrote:
|
| ...Books like this need to include the meshes, dammit.

That would be nice in general, but in Scott's case I'm pretty sure you'd
need Pro/E to get the full benefit of his models. Most mortals can't afford
Pro/E.
--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old July 15th 03, 09:41 PM
OM

On 15 Jul 2003 09:29:42 -0700, (Rusty B) wrote:

The only thing this book lacks is the usual CD that
accompanies most Apogee Books. If it had a CD of the CAD drawings it
would be perfect. He is planning on a sequel - the "Virtual LM". I
can't wait until it comes out.

....Books like this need to include the meshes, dammit.

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 15th 03, 11:10 PM
OM

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:56:47 -0600, "Jay Windley"
wrote:

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
| On 15 Jul 2003 09:29:42 -0700, (Rusty B) wrote:
|
| ...Books like this need to include the meshes, dammit.

That would be nice in general, but in Scott's case I'm pretty sure you'd
need Pro/E to get the full benefit of his models. Most mortals can't afford
Pro/E.

....IIRC, Pro/E can convert to either 3DS or at least DXF sans
textures. And if that fails, there's always a third-party converter.

And if *that* fails, there's always another option :-)

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 16th 03, 04:45 PM
Ami A. Silberman

...IIRC, Pro/E can convert to either 3DS or at least DXF sans
textures. And if that fails, there's always a third-party converter.

And if *that* fails, there's always another option :-)

Find out if Mrs. Beady is as good at finding used software as she is at
used books?