Elliptical orbit question

Old October 5th 18, 02:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Elliptical orbit question

Is it correct to state that the satellite's energy level is simular to
one with a circular orbit somewhere between 400km and 10,000? ( lets
say 5000 for sake of disussion).

If, between 5000 and 400, the satellite has more speed than needed to be
in orbit, how come it continues to drop all the way down to 400km before
rising?

Or is this a case of the innertia gained falling from 10,000 to 5000
will make the satellite w3ant to continue in the same direction towards
earth until the "slinghot" cause it to change direction and turn around
and rise up in altitude again?

As part of my almost daily exercise routine, I use an ellipical 2-4 times a week. I have AFG Sport 5.9AE Elliptical Machine. Works great for me. You can read a review on it on https://www.theolive.com/reviews/best-elliptical/ .

Elliptical orbit question Stuf4 Policy 9 September 11th 18 11:57 PM
Elliptical orbit question Stuf4 Policy 2 September 9th 18 09:04 AM
But why an elliptical orbit tt40 Amateur Astronomy 73 October 14th 05 11:00 PM
Elliptical Orbit Starman Astronomy Misc 3 February 3rd 05 01:05 AM
orbit question Jan Philips History 7 September 29th 03 06:16 PM