Gerry Anderson remembrance

Old December 29th 12, 09:23 AM posted to sci.space.history
Joseph Nebus

Default Gerry Anderson remembrance

Here's a sweet bit of fan art regarding a person whose
connection to space may be purely cultural, but a big cultural part
anyway:

http://theeviltwin.deviantart.com/ar...rson-345098096

(Safe for work, though work might be suspicious of the domain as a
general rule.)

--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: Reading The Comics, December 15, 2012 http://wp.me/p1RYhY-nh
Old December 30th 12, 12:49 PM posted to sci.space.history
GordonD

"Joseph Nebus" wrote in message

Here's a sweet bit of fan art regarding a person whose
connection to space may be purely cultural, but a big cultural part
anyway:

http://theeviltwin.deviantart.com/ar...rson-345098096

(Safe for work, though work might be suspicious of the domain as a
general rule.)

Reminded me of the classic 'Speechless' drawing when Mel Blanc died.

But it would have been even nicer if the artist had got the man's name
right.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Old December 31st 12, 11:28 AM posted to sci.space.history
GordonD

"GordonD" wrote in message
"Joseph Nebus" wrote in message

Here's a sweet bit of fan art regarding a person whose
connection to space may be purely cultural, but a big cultural part
anyway:

http://theeviltwin.deviantart.com/ar...rson-345098096

(Safe for work, though work might be suspicious of the domain as a
general rule.)

Reminded me of the classic 'Speechless' drawing when Mel Blanc died.

But it would have been even nicer if the artist had got the man's name
right.

This has now been fixed after I pointed out the error!

Old December 31st 12, 09:44 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

We are now in a grim actuarial race between those left still alive that actually walked on the moon and those who created the
Supermarionation wonders for ITV.

How unrelentingly depressing.

I hope the generation that follows mine does better.

Dave

Old January 4th 13, 10:35 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Monday, December 31, 2012 12:44:41 PM UTC-8, David Spain wrote:
We are now in a grim actuarial race between those left still alive that actually walked on the moon and those who created the Supermarionation wonders for ITV. How unrelentingly depressing. I hope the generation that follows mine does better. Dave

They won't, because most of the world is breeding for Stupidity. Juster Berber and all the other worthless **** is more important to the masses than Science and actually cleaning up our act.

Idiotarchracy wasn't intended to be a prophetic documentary.
Old January 5th 13, 05:03 AM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

wrote in message

On Monday, December 31, 2012 12:44:41 PM UTC-8, David Spain wrote:
We are now in a grim actuarial race between those left still alive that
actually walked on the moon and those who created the Supermarionation
wonders for ITV. How unrelentingly depressing. I hope the generation that
follows mine does better. Dave

They won't, because most of the world is breeding for Stupidity. Juster
Berber and all the other worthless **** is more important to the masses
than Science and actually cleaning up our act.

Who? Do you mean Justin Bieber?

(There is you realize a certain irony in completely getting the name wrong
in this context. :-)

The sad part, there really is nothing new here.

Idiotarchracy wasn't intended to be a prophetic documentary.

Old January 5th 13, 09:16 PM posted to sci.space.history
GordonD

wrote in message

On Monday, December 31, 2012 12:44:41 PM UTC-8, David Spain wrote:
We are now in a grim actuarial race between those left still alive that
actually walked on the moon and those who created the Supermarionation
wonders for ITV. How unrelentingly depressing. I hope the generation
that follows mine does better. Dave

They won't, because most of the world is breeding for Stupidity. Juster
Berber and all the other worthless **** is more important to the masses
than Science and actually cleaning up our act.

Who? Do you mean Justin Bieber?

(There is you realize a certain irony in completely getting the name wrong
in this context. :-)

Unless it was deliberate, for comic effect.

Old January 6th 13, 03:33 AM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

wrote in message

On Monday, December 31, 2012 12:44:41 PM UTC-8, David Spain wrote:
We are now in a grim actuarial race between those left still alive that
actually walked on the moon and those who created the Supermarionation
wonders for ITV. How unrelentingly depressing. I hope the generation
that follows mine does better. Dave

They won't, because most of the world is breeding for Stupidity. Juster
Berber and all the other worthless **** is more important to the masses
than Science and actually cleaning up our act.

Who? Do you mean Justin Bieber?

(There is you realize a certain irony in completely getting the name
wrong in this context. :-)

Unless it was deliberate, for comic effect.

Nah, even then there's a certain irony :-)