Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Old April 2nd 06, 02:18 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:52:10 -0800, David Erbas-White
wrote:

The Ottoman Empire ceased to exist at the end of the first world war.
Any treaties in place with it also ceased to exist.

I never thought of it that way - if you don't like the treaties a
particular country has made, just obliterate it and no more treaties.

--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."
Old April 2nd 06, 02:23 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 16:39:03 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

That's a weak justification for genocide.

Strong justification. We are dealing with lunatics who don't care
whether they live or die. They want to by Martyrs. Let us grant their
dearest wish. They get 72 Virgins and we get rid of them.

You love to shift the goalposts, don't you.

My comment was about your earlier call for genocide which includes
everyone. Your comment is now about suicidal lunatics.

Unless you can show us that every muslim is a suicidal lunatic, you
have failed to make a rational case for the effectiveness of genocide.
In fact, I claim to make the case that genocide is counterproductive
because all it does is weed out the weakest leaving the strongest to
survive.

If the Romans had persecuted the Jews like the Nazis did, they would
have rebuilt the Temple centuries ago.

Old April 2nd 06, 02:24 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 16:39:40 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

Texas did not sign the surrender at Appomattox Courthouse. It did sign
an agreement to end hostilities when the Union Army showed up on its
doorstep later. Even then Texans continued to prosecute the War for 1
1/2 years after the surrender at Appomattox.

You guys still lost.

Yes, and we know it too. That's why many Texans despise the federal
govt and await the day when we will fix this injustice.

Old April 2nd 06, 02:25 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 16:40:54 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

The War of Gog and Magog spoken about in the Book of Revelation is
what you want. That's the war between the New Roman Empire and Russia
and Radical Islamic nations like Iran.

Oh Good Christ! More Gospel nonsense!

Anti-Christian bigotry noted.

Old April 2nd 06, 02:28 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 08:45:30 +1000, "Johnboy"
wrote:

My country's quite nice,

What country is that?

but I am definitely not allowed to own a gun.

An unarmed wimp peasant.

Old April 2nd 06, 02:34 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 09:56:07 +1000, "Johnboy"
wrote:

Then you understand why I advocate tyrannicide. I want to put the fear
of God in politicians.

Here's a thought - stap them to chairs and throw them in the river, and
those that float are tyrants and those that sink are Pure and Clean.
That'll put the fear of God into them, 'cause God will be the one who
decides.

That's won't work because demagogues are by definition completely full
of **** so they will float like the turds they are.

Tyrannicide can be implemented according to Common Law. In fact that
is exactly how it was practiced in England.

If a state grand jury indicts a politician and he is convicted of
violating the public trust in any way by a unanimous jury made up of
12 citizens chosen at random from the several states, he hangs on the
Capitol steps. That's a lot more civilized than drawing and quartering
him.

Now let's see Schumer, Metzenbaum. Waxman, Feinstein, Boxer and the
other gun-grabbing commies try to take our guns away in Texas. We'll
hang anyone who tries because they violate the 2nd Am.

Old April 2nd 06, 02:45 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 19:07:51 -0500, "Atlas Bugged"
wrote:

First: Would if we could.

Glad you acknowledge that much.

Even post-war, no one's found Bin Laden. People
who think Navy Seals and Green Berets can do anything they set their mind
to, no matter how utterly impossible, are simply victims of too much TV and
movies, and far too little real-life. What about psychics? Don't police
departments use them? Sheer fantasy. What's that famous statistic about
how many Americans believe in angels? 90%?

Straw man.

First I do not agree that we do not know where Bin Laden is. If he is
using cell phone technology, we can pinpoint his location. But most
importantly, intelligence works on the basis of informants who are
handsomely rewarded for their risks. What's a million bucks to the
person who tells us where to find Bin Laden. A little cosmetic surgery
and off to Argentina he goes a millionaire.

Second, the Hitlers of the world are as much results as they are causes.
Hitler was indirectly elected, and Hamas was just *directly* elected. And
even total dick-tators like Saddam and that insect in North Korea do enjoy
serious levels of popular support, though probably far short of majorities.
You don't just shoot Hitler in the head and thereby stop Naziism. That too
is fantasy.

You have to kill more than just the leader. I do not see that as a
major problem.

Translating what you've said above from Texas-eez, the "leftist queer meme"
is a reference to a type of philosophy, one which is famously incorrect and
damaging, but not nearly so violent and sick as the Jihad meme.

The "leftist queer meme" is "collectivist perversion".

Just as you see the Jihad Meme running rampant in Muslim countries,
you see the Leftist Queer Meme running rampant in Britain and other
Commonwealth countries, and most of Europe (but not all) - and you see
it in parts of the US.

Do you know that the Connecticut SC prohibits a home dweller from
using deadly force to protect himself, his loved ones, his property?
If you live in Conn. and you are home with the family and a bunch of
cretins kick in your front door and you grab the trusty 12 ga and blow
them all to hell, you will go to prison.

If that isn't completely perverted I do not know what is. And it is
exactly like that in the countries named above.

The Leftist Queer Meme manifests itself by making Good appear as evil
and Evil appear as good.

..

Old April 2nd 06, 02:47 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Bob wrote:

You start killing off muslims and 1 billion of them all over the world
will rise up against you.

That is why I am talking about killing 1.2 billion Moslems. What is it
about the word "thorough" that eludes you?

Bob Kolker
Old April 2nd 06, 02:48 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 19:24:29 -0500, "Atlas Bugged"
wrote:

A proper war (translation: merciless, crushing initially) and you could
makeover the entire savage mideast in about three years.

The Arab Muslims are Shia and the Iranian are Suni. I believe most of
the Muslim world outside the ME is Suni.

Therefore if I am correct, then the war you are proposing would be
directed at the Shia Muslims, which would be favored by the Suni
Muslims.

Old April 2nd 06, 02:48 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Bob wrote:

I never thought of it that way - if you don't like the treaties a
particular country has made, just obliterate it and no more treaties.

Good thinking.

Bob Kolker