Awful Skies.

Old October 30th 04, 11:09 PM
John May

Default Awful Skies.

Sigh.... I got my new scope on Friday and now we have had two DREADFUL
nights for stargazing up here in county Durham.

I am praying for clear skies tomorrow night so I can finally have a blast on
my scope.

Oh well it can only get better. Fingers crossed.

John May.

Old October 31st 04, 10:48 AM
Beeblebrox

"John May" wrote in message
Sigh.... I got my new scope on Friday and now we have had two DREADFUL
nights for stargazing up here in county Durham.

I am praying for clear skies tomorrow night so I can finally have a blast

on
my scope.

Oh well it can only get better. Fingers crossed.

John May.

Here in S Wales we've been waiting 2 weeks to try a new scope!

Can't be much longer surely (

Lol Eddy

Old October 31st 04, 11:10 AM
Chris Taylor

"Beeblebrox" wrote in message

Here in S Wales we've been waiting 2 weeks to try a new scope!

Can't be much longer surely (

Lol Eddy

Aaaaahhh!! so its your fault the weather's been bad.

Old October 31st 04, 11:33 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:09:43 +0100, "John May"
wrote:

Sigh.... I got my new scope on Friday and now we have had two DREADFUL
nights for stargazing up here in county Durham.

I am praying for clear skies tomorrow night so I can finally have a blast on
my scope.

Oh well it can only get better. Fingers crossed.

John May.

Scope on Friday and two awful nights since!! Good God man, some of us
wait months for a few clear nights. When I say some of us, I don't
include myself of course ;-)

--
Pete
Homepage at http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old October 31st 04, 12:48 PM
Martin Frey

Pete Lawrence wrote:

Scope on Friday and two awful nights since!! Good God man, some of us
wait months for a few clear nights. When I say some of us, I don't
include myself of course ;-)

I hear they're changing the name of a prominent geographical feature
to Selsey Pete - and sending you the Bill.

-----------------------------
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
N 51 01 52.2 E 0 47 21.1
-----------------------------
Old October 31st 04, 01:47 PM
mike ring

"John May" wrote in
:

I am praying for clear skies tomorrow night so I can finally have a
blast on my scope.

Oh well it can only get better. Fingers crossed.

John May.

I've pretty well given up on star-gazing, was too frustrating.

But I've been trying to scarify the B**** lawn for the last 6 weeks!!

mike
Old October 31st 04, 04:54 PM
GazOC

wrote:

Sigh.... I got my new scope on Friday and now we have had two DREADFUL
nights for stargazing up here in county Durham.

I am praying for clear skies tomorrow night so I can finally have a blast on
my scope.

Oh well it can only get better. Fingers crossed.

John May.

Scope on Friday and two awful nights since!! Good God man, some of us
wait months for a few clear nights. When I say some of us, I don't
include myself of course ;-)

I've had my LX90 nearly 3 weeks, and between the weather and working
I've had one look at the moon through clouds so far!

Gaz
Old October 31st 04, 05:45 PM
John May

And here we are again total clouds not a chink of sky :-(

Fed up!

John May.

Old October 31st 04, 06:16 PM
Chris.B

Pete Lawrence wrote in message . ..

Scope on Friday and two awful nights since!! Good God man, some of us
wait months for a few clear nights. When I say some of us, I don't
include myself of course ;-)

I bought a "Fringe Killer" filter in early September and haven't seen
the Moon since. It has sunk below the horizon never to return to the
Northern skies. Am I personally responsible for this phenomonem and
who should I approach for a refund?

Chris.B

PS: Why are so many posts not showing up on the NG's website?
I can see them on OE but not here. :-(
Old October 31st 04, 06:19 PM
James

"John May" wrote in message
And here we are again total clouds not a chink of sky :-(

Fed up!

Indeed. Vague chance of aurora tonight I think, so it's bound to stay cloudy
now