Is a Pulsar a different star than neutron star.???

Old October 2nd 03, 11:00 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Is a Pulsar a different star than neutron star.???

Well A binary system containing two neutron stars orbiting each other is
interesting. This system called PSR 1913+16 (PSR must stand for pulsar)
Do they revolve around each other like a balanced "dumb bell?" If they
are close together,and have such a great mutual gravity force,than how
long can they stay apart? Is their EM pulse close to their axis of
spin.or at their equators? Its a small system,and how far away are they
from us? These type pulsars can't be very common. Bert

Old October 2nd 03, 11:30 PM
Bill Duncan

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

PSR 1913+16

Bert,I typed in PSR 1913+16 and got the following site.Bill.

http://astrosun.tn.cornell.edu/cours...01/psr1913.htm
Old October 2nd 03, 11:30 PM
Bill Duncan

Old October 3rd 03, 12:03 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Bill Thanks A very informative site. I got this neutrons binary system
from "The Brief History of Time" and it had only a short paragraph.
Well it is nice that GR and its math was proven. Nice that the Nobel was
handed out. Maybe when two neutron stars due fall into one
another its gravity waves will ripple across space to be detected here
on Earth. Bert