Jubilant Einsteinians

Old March 17th 19, 11:55 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Jubilant Einsteinians

Lisa Randall, Michio Kaku, Brian Cox, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Brian Greene: "Light travels at the same speed no matter how you look at it. No matter how I move relative to you light travels at the same speed. No matter who is doing the measurement and no matter what direction you are moving the speed of light is the same. The speed of light is the same no matter what direction or how fast... As you travel faster time slows down. Everything slows down. Everything slows down. Time slows down when you move. Time passes at a different rate. Clocks run slow. It's a monumental shift in how we see the world. It's a beautiful piece of science. It's a beautifully elegant theory. It's a beautiful piece of science. It's a beautiful piece..." https://www..youtube.com/watch?v=BuxFXHircaI

Light does not travel at the same speed, Einsteinians, and accordingly time does not slow down:

Stationary light source, moving receiver: http://www.einstein-online.info/imag...ector_blue.gif

The speed of the light pulses as measured by the source is

c = df

where d is the distance between the pulses and f is the frequency measured by the source. The speed of the pulses as measured by the receiver is

c'= df' c

where f' f is the frequency measured by the receiver.

http://gjl038.g.j.pic.centerblog.net/3fea2faf.jpg

Pentcho Valev
Old March 18th 19, 07:33 AM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Max Tegmark's poem "Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity" is a masterpiece of Einsteinian cultu

Max Tegmark: "We all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Everything is relative, even simultaneity, and soon Einstein's become a de facto physics deity. 'cos we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. We all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkLLXhONvQ

Needless to say, the main anthem of Einstein cult is "Divine Einstein":

http://www.everythingimportant.org/E...neEinstein.jpg

Marian McKenzie & Walter Smith: "Divine Einstein! No-one's as divine as Albert Einstein not Maxwell, Curie, or Bohr! His fame went glo-bell, he won the Nobel - He should have been given four! No-one's as divine as Albert Einstein, Professor with brains galore! No-one could outshine Professor Einstein! He gave us special relativity, That's always made him a hero to me! No-one's as divine as Albert Einstein, Professor in overdrive!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lE-I2I4i00

Pentcho Valev
Old March 18th 19, 05:21 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Overexcited Einsteinians:

Neil deGrasse Tyson Gravitational Wave Dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCL05gI8Om4

Brian Cox explores Time in super slow motion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiSpNh_e-0o&NR=1