First impressions: spaceboot.eu

Old October 19th 06, 10:26 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
www.spaceboot.eu

Default First impressions: spaceboot.eu

Hi,
Just started a new site at http://www.spaceboot.eu and wanted to get
some first impressions from you.
The site is about how human spaceflight today is going nowhere (in my
opinion) and will be about how maybe things can be done better.
Thanks for all constructive input.
Andy

Old October 20th 06, 12:54 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Derek Lyons

"www.spaceboot.eu" wrote:

Hi,
Just started a new site at http://www.spaceboot.eu and wanted to get
some first impressions from you.

Badly designed with a poor choice of typeface and page layout.

Because of this, I didn't stay around long enough to rate the content.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Old October 20th 06, 03:09 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Jeff Findley

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
"www.spaceboot.eu" wrote:

Hi,
Just started a new site at http://www.spaceboot.eu and wanted to get
some first impressions from you.

Badly designed with a poor choice of typeface and page layout.

Because of this, I didn't stay around long enough to rate the content.

Content didn't rate well with me, so I replied with a lengthy posting in
another sci.space group. Apparently this guy doesn't know how to cross
post.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

Old October 20th 06, 08:20 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
snidely

Jeff Findley wrote:
"Derek Lyons" wrote in message

[...]
Badly designed with a poor choice of typeface and page layout.

While the font size is a little small, the layout and fontstyle seem
clean and reasonable.

Content didn't rate well with me, so I replied with a lengthy posting in
another sci.space group.

My first reaction was "chip on the shoulder", but I'll probably check
back to see if I need to update my opinion.

Apparently this guy doesn't know how to cross post.

That's to balance those who cross-post *everything*

/dps

Old October 20th 06, 08:22 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
snidely

The forum page seemed to send Opera over the edge, but I run with lots
of tabs open, which can get unstable (~45 tabs between 3 windows).
Firefox with just a couple of tabs was fine with it, as a first
impression.

/dps

Old October 21st 06, 05:44 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Aaron Lawrence

On a pleasant day while strolling in sci.space.shuttle, a person by the
name of www.spaceboot.eu exclaimed:
Hi,
Just started a new site at http://www.spaceboot.eu and wanted to get
some first impressions from you.
The site is about how human spaceflight today is going nowhere (in my
opinion) and will be about how maybe things can be done better.
Thanks for all constructive input.

It seems OK to me, and your writing is fairly clear and interesting.
Basically you just need more content

As Derek posted so "politely", maybe the font is a bit too small. It's
better not to specify that at all - just use the defaults. But I didn't
notice thanks to Mozilla/Firefox's minimum font size setting

Another quibble, you're using frames for the content. Most people prefer
to avoid those these days, although you've at least made unique URLs for
each topic.

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and
Old October 21st 06, 07:56 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Derek Lyons

"www.spaceboot.eu" wrote:

Derek Lyons wrote:
"www.spaceboot.eu" wrote:

Hi,
Just started a new site at http://www.spaceboot.eu and wanted to get
some first impressions from you.

Badly designed with a poor choice of typeface and page layout.

Because of this, I didn't stay around long enough to rate the content.

Thank you for your CONSTRUCTIVE input.

Ah, yes - another idiot subscriber to the theory to criticism one
doesn't like can be dismissed by accusing it of being 'non
constructive'. (Alternatively - you are an idiot who subscribes to
the theory that criticism must be 'nice' and avoid actual criticism.)

D.

Old October 22nd 06, 11:07 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
www.spaceboot.eu

Thanks Aaron,
I already toyed a bit with font size (most people have the same remark
so there must be some truth in it). Still needs a bit of work though...
As for frames: I'm using Joomla to get the site going, if they use
frames, so do I. :-( I don't feel like settings up my own framework
just yet.

You're right, I desperately need more content, or in other words, time.
If anyone feels like contributing an article, feel free !!???

Old October 22nd 06, 11:13 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
www.spaceboot.eu

Derek Lyons schreef:

Ah, yes - another idiot subscriber to the theory to criticism one
doesn't like can be dismissed by accusing it of being 'non
constructive'. (Alternatively - you are an idiot who subscribes to
the theory that criticism must be 'nice' and avoid actual criticism.)

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Derek,
I really don't see what your problem could be. You seem to be a man of
little words, so I just thanked you for your constructive input in as
little words as possible. I resent you calling me an idiot, but I guess
you just need to get out more, or be more temperate in your postings.
You also seem to be a man who likes to have the final word, so go
ahead, you won't see me spending any more time on your postings.
best regards, Andy