Welcome home Atlantis

Old September 21st 06, 11:25 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
TGH

Default Welcome home Atlantis

A very nice landing indeed.

Tommy
Denmark

Old September 21st 06, 11:35 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Andy P. Jung

"TGH" wrote in message
k...
A very nice landing indeed.

Tommy
Denmark

I just woke up and saw the Shuttle land on TV. Any idea which flight path it
took? I used to be able to see it zoom by here in New Orleans and it was a
pretty sight to see the plasma trail and the delayed sonic boom. I doubt it
took that path for safety reasons but I just wanted to know.

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

Old September 21st 06, 11:41 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
TGH

"Andy P. Jung" wrote in message news:fWtQg.3525
I just woke up and saw the Shuttle land on TV. Any idea which flight path
it took? I used to be able to see it zoom by here in New Orleans and it
was a pretty sight to see the plasma trail and the delayed sonic boom. I
doubt it took that path for safety reasons but I just wanted to know.

Hi Andy

From what i looked like on Nasa.TV it was on orbit 186, long range or mid
range ground track.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sh...s/landing.html

Anyone else who can confirm?

BR
Tommy

Old September 21st 06, 11:42 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
angela copus

TGH wrote:
A very nice landing indeed.

Tommy
Denmark

very beautiful landing. its neat to see them land in the dark.

Angela
Old September 21st 06, 11:56 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
MetroHenrik

"Andy P. Jung" skrev i en meddelelse
"TGH" wrote in message
k...
A very nice landing indeed.

Tommy
Denmark

I just woke up and saw the Shuttle land on TV. Any idea which flight path

it
took? I used to be able to see it zoom by here in New Orleans and it was a
pretty sight to see the plasma trail and the delayed sonic boom. I doubt

it
took that path for safety reasons but I just wanted to know.

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.
(on the Western side of the 17th Street Canal)
http://www.JungWorld.com/

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

Well, here i Denmark, we only have NASA tv on the internet.
No sight..
No boom..
Just TV
By the way, Atlantis landed 21 minutes past midday here.

Henrik

Old September 21st 06, 12:01 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
André, PE1PQX

TGH schreef :
"Andy P. Jung" wrote in message news:fWtQg.3525
I just woke up and saw the Shuttle land on TV. Any idea which flight path
it took? I used to be able to see it zoom by here in New Orleans and it was
a pretty sight to see the plasma trail and the delayed sonic boom. I doubt
it took that path for safety reasons but I just wanted to know.

Hi Andy

From what i looked like on Nasa.TV it was on orbit 186, long range or mid
range ground track.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sh...s/landing.html

Anyone else who can confirm?

BR
Tommy

Indeed the landing occured on orbit 186, they flew over Mexico
(Yucatan) over the Gulf of Mexico towards KSC, Touchdown: 5.21 am ET

--
(\__/)
( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into

Old September 21st 06, 12:17 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
TGH

"MetroHenrik" wrote in message
news:newscache$rpvx5j$ou22 Well, here i Denmark, we only have NASA tv on
the internet.
No sight..
No boom..
Just TV
By the way, Atlantis landed 21 minutes past midday here.

Henrik

Yeah... We should really have a Shuttle landing site on the island Fyn.

BR
Tommy

Old September 21st 06, 11:20 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
MichaelJP[_1_]

"angela copus" wrote in message
news
TGH wrote:
A very nice landing indeed.

Tommy
Denmark

very beautiful landing. its neat to see them land in the dark.

Angela

Nice landing, but I'd always take a day landing for viewing, at night you
can only see the shuttle on short final.

Old September 22nd 06, 01:34 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Aaron Lawrence

On a pleasant day while strolling in sci.space.shuttle, a person by the
name of TGH exclaimed:
A very nice landing indeed.

Not to disrespect them, but aren't you complimenting the computer there?
Or maybe the pilot's button-pressing abilities?

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and