Badly researched tv programmes.

Old June 25th 13, 09:38 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

Default Badly researched tv programmes.

Now a repeated old how do they do it, I think screened some years ago on a
pay channel has been shown on the UKFree channels this week. It contained
an item about Shuttle main engine servicing and testing. When talking about
Shuttle accidents in passing it got ehe name incorrect, We all know it was
Challenger, but the narator said Discovery, which it clearly was not.
One would have thought that this could have been corrected by now.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old July 3rd 13, 03:33 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message ...

Now a repeated old how do they do it, I think screened some years ago on a
pay channel has been shown on the UKFree channels this week. It contained
an item about Shuttle main engine servicing and testing. When talking about
Shuttle accidents in passing it got ehe name incorrect, We all know it was
Challenger, but the narator said Discovery, which it clearly was not.
One would have thought that this could have been corrected by now.
Brian

Any chance they were talking about one of the other more minor incidents?

Old July 3rd 13, 06:35 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

No cos they did mention loss of life. I think they got two mixed up and got
elements of both in the narration. Probably a lack of sub editors!

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Greg (Strider) Moore" wrote in message
m...
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message ...

Now a repeated old how do they do it, I think screened some years ago on a
pay channel has been shown on the UKFree channels this week. It contained
an item about Shuttle main engine servicing and testing. When talking
about Shuttle accidents in passing it got ehe name incorrect, We all know
it was Challenger, but the narator said Discovery, which it clearly was
not.
One would have thought that this could have been corrected by now.
Brian

Any chance they were talking about one of the other more minor incidents?

--
Greg D. Moore
http://greenmountainsoftware.wordpress.com/