It enviromentalists had their way, Voyagers would neveer have launched

Old June 10th 11, 05:26 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.global-warming
Rich[_4_]

Default It enviromentalists had their way, Voyagers would neveer have launched

Stupid ass----- enviros would have violently objected to the plutonium heat
generators they carry. I can just SEE a spacecraft going past Mars with
nothing but solar panels!!!

Old June 10th 11, 05:59 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.global-warming
Chris L Peterson

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 23:26:21 -0500, Rich wrote:

Stupid ass----- enviros would have violently objected to the plutonium heat
generators they carry. I can just SEE a spacecraft going past Mars with
nothing but solar panels!!!

Not even a fraction of a percent of most people who would
self-identify as "evironmentalists" have any real objection to RTGs on
space probes.

It is stupid to take the most extreme members of any group and treat
them as representative of everyone.
Old June 10th 11, 06:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.global-warming
oriel36[_2_]

On Jun 10, 6:59*am, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 23:26:21 -0500, Rich wrote:
Stupid ass----- enviros would have violently objected to the plutonium heat
generators they carry. *I can just SEE a spacecraft going past Mars with
nothing but solar panels!!! *

Not even a fraction of a percent of most people who would
self-identify as "evironmentalists" have any real objection to RTGs on
space probes.

It is stupid to take the most extreme members of any group and treat
them as representative of everyone.

Your group are unique in the sense that you can't read the daily
rotation of the Earth directly out of a temperature legend -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/foreca...0&region=world

Sure there are those who get nervous when asked to match the 1461
rotations with 4 orbital circuits but like all things new,it becomes
easier with familiarity as the interpretative faculties wake up to
this type of astronomy.Your group simply does not like astronomy,you
like magnification and that much I know,but when it comes to reading
the daily rotation of the Earth out of the daily temperature
fluctuations,you can't do it.

Generally people do get it after a while,they have to considering they
sleep and wake in a 24 hour cycle and would find it near impossible ti
imagine 1465 rotations across the calendar cycle,a cycle which
represents almost 4 orbital circuits of the Earth and unfortunately
your group manages to believe that there are 366 1/4 rotations in an
orbital year instead of no more than a full 365 rotations.It takes
just a slight shift in focus to Feb 29th 2012 to put that temperature
rise and fall in context of daily rotation and the closing out of
nearly 4 orbital circuits which began on Mar 1st 2008 so that the
contrived setup which tries to pin the daily and orbital motions down
to the March equinox is obliterated by the use of the calendar system
as a door into planetary dynamics and all the attributes which split
and combine the timekeeping system from the pure dynamics of the
Earth.

Even though the ancients only considered the motions of the Sun,they
recognized that an extra day/night cycle needed to be added to keep
the reckoning of days in sync with the annual cycles,in other
words,they worked out that if they calculated their year as 365
days,their planting and reaping seasons would start to run out of sync
within a lifetime and for people who built accurate astronomical
alignments or used the flooding of the Nile as a gauge,the need for an
extra day/night would have become obvious.Whatever is in your
makeup,this means to become comfortable with the topics which link
daily and orbital motions just do not exist and it may not entirely be
your fault but you are representative of a large and dominant group
that unfortunately influences much.

Any reader looking at the temperature legend can actually enjoy the
cause of the temperature rises and falls and by adding the number of
rotations up to make 4 orbital circuits can then begin to work
everything out from there,again,it is a type of astronomy that the
world nearly lost with all the dismal consequences for all the
terrestrial sciences.In this respect,pay heed to Galileo whether the
reader is new to the arguments or has seen them many times -

"Copernicus himself knew the power over our ideas that is exerted by
custom and by our inveterate way of conceiving things since infancy.
Hence, in order not to increase for us the confusion and difficulty of
abstraction, after he had first demonstrated that the motions which
appear to us to belong to the sun or to the firmament are really not
there but in the earth, he went on calling them motions of the sun and
of the heavens when he later constructed his tables to apply them to
use. He thus speaks of “sunrise” and “sunset,” of the “rising and
setting” of the stars, of changes in the obliquity of the ecliptic and
of variations in the equinoctial points, of the mean motion and
variations in motion of the sun, and so on. All these things really
relate to the earth, but since we are fixed to the earth and
consequently share in its every motion, we cannot discover them in the
earth directly, and are obliged to refer them to the heavenly bodies
in which they make their appearance to us. Hence we name them as if
they took place where they appear to us to take place; and from this
one may see how natural it is to accommodate things to our customary
way of seeing them." Galileo

Old June 10th 11, 09:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.global-warming
Seon

"Rich" wrote in message
Stupid ass----- enviros would have violently objected to the plutonium
heat
generators they carry. I can just SEE a spacecraft going past Mars with
nothing but solar panels!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawman_argument

A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based
on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man"
is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting it
with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"),
and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position

Old June 10th 11, 08:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.global-warming
[email protected]

On Jun 10, 12:26*am, Rich wrote:
Stupid ass----- enviros would have violently objected to the plutonium heat
generators they carry. *I can just SEE a spacecraft going past Mars with
nothing but solar panels!!! *

That's funny, I am an environmentalist and I strongly support space
exploration. Must be some non-representative envoronmentalists you're
talking about there.
Old June 11th 11, 01:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.global-warming
uncarollo

On Jun 9, 11:26*pm, Rich wrote:
Stupid ass----- enviros would have violently objected to the plutonium heat
generators they carry. *I can just SEE a spacecraft going past Mars with
nothing but solar panels!!! *

Stupid ass enviros made Lake Erie and Lake Ontario safe and clean
enough to swim in. I remember back in the '50s, living in Windsor,
Ontario, when turds were floating down the Detroit river and my buddy
got typhoid after swimming in Lake StClair. I also remember while
living in Cleveland when the Cayahoga river caught fire from all the
oil that was discharged by the ore carriers.
Old June 11th 11, 01:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.global-warming
$27 TRILLION to pay for Kyoto

On Jun 10, 8:13*pm, uncarollo wrote:
On Jun 9, 11:26*pm, Rich wrote:

Stupid ass----- enviros would have violently objected to the plutonium heat
generators they carry. *I can just SEE a spacecraft going past Mars with
nothing but solar panels!!! *

Stupid ass enviros made Lake Erie and Lake Ontario safe and clean
enough to swim in. I remember back in the '50s, living in Windsor,
Ontario, when turds were floating down the Detroit river and my buddy
got typhoid after swimming in Lake StClair. I also remember while
living in Cleveland when the Cayahoga river caught fire from all the
oil that was discharged by the ore carriers.

Yeah, we always hear the "river on fire" story, they even had it in a
movie about a stuck-in-the-1960's old hippie. Time to give it a rest.
Old June 11th 11, 10:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.global-warming
[email protected]

http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/entry.php?rec=1642

Old June 11th 11, 05:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.global-warming
yourmommycalledandsaidbehave

On Jun 9, 11:26*pm, Rich wrote:

Stupid ass----- enviros would have violently objected to the plutonium heat
generators they carry. *I can just SEE a spacecraft going past Mars with
nothing but solar panels!!! *

Stupid ass enviros made Lake Erie and Lake Ontario safe and clean
enough to swim in. I remember back in the '50s, living in Windsor,
Ontario, when turds were floating down the Detroit river and my buddy
got typhoid after swimming in Lake StClair. I also remember while
living in Cleveland when the Cayahoga river caught fire from all the
oil that was discharged by the ore carriers.

Yeah, we always hear the "river on fire" story, they even had it in a
movie about a stuck-in-the-1960's old hippie. *Time to give it a rest.

Why is that Rich? Because it proves that greedy self-centered spoiled
children like you don't want to hear about the damage done to others
by people like yourself? Is it because your afraid your welfare check
will be cut back to pay for the damage greedy self-centered spoiled
children like you?
Old June 11th 11, 05:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.global-warming
Realist[_2_]

On Jun 10, 12:26*am, Rich wrote:
Stupid ass----- enviros would have violently objected to the plutonium heat
generators they carry. *I can just SEE a spacecraft going past Mars with
nothing but solar panels!!! *

The Jews invented cell phones so they can track you. It's all part of
the big
Cabal. Why do you love Voyageurs? Their French, and Frenchmen hate
America!

You aren't a cowardly Frenchman are you?

Disgusting rat.

the Voyagers Mk2 Amateur Astronomy 0 August 21st 07 06:18 PM
Voyagers end? Luigi Caselli Misc 19 March 19th 05 01:48 PM
What's slowing down the two Voyagers? Abdul Ahad Misc 174 July 12th 04 06:38 PM
What's slowing down the two Voyagers? Abdul Ahad UK Astronomy 86 July 12th 04 06:38 PM
Voyagers and the Heliopause Valgaez Amateur Astronomy 4 June 27th 04 06:48 AM