Uranus Was Never Hit

Old December 29th 06, 03:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Uranus Was Never Hit

Unlike other planets Uranus is tipped over almost at right angles to the
plane in which it obits. The reason has to be astronomers favorite
answer "It was hit" Like how did the Earth end up with a Moon "It was
hit" I call this astronomers "Hammer theory" I say gravity tilted
Uranus Best to know its gravity force is 117% greater than the Earth's
A large object did pass close to Uranus and their mutual gravity pull
caused Uranus to tilt,and the object to spiral into the inner planets.
This object was captured by the Earth and has been orbiting the Earth
for the last 3,7 billion years. it all fits Bert

Old December 29th 06, 04:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
W.G.D.

Hm . . . .

I wonder if Dr. Velikovsky was right after all!

Old December 29th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Unlike other planets Uranus is tipped over almost at right angles to the
plane in which it obits. The reason has to be astronomers favorite
answer "It was hit" Like how did the Earth end up with a Moon "It was
hit" I call this astronomers "Hammer theory" I say gravity tilted
Uranus Best to know its gravity force is 117% greater than the Earth's

Where did you get that figure, Bert? The sources I checked said the
gravity force on Uranus would be slightly less than on Earth, because
of the low density of Uranus.

Double-A

Old December 29th 06, 05:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Padduck I take it you go with the "hammer" Best you consider other
theories than just be a parrot to echo the thoughts of others. Nothing
is etched in stone. Stuff that happens in our solar system billions of
years ago needs much thoughts. You will note I did not say one thought.
Bert

Old December 29th 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

W.G D Who is Dr. Velikovsky ? bert

Old December 29th 06, 06:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
W.G.D.

Bert:

Why Immanuel Velikovsky of course.

Remember his much shunned works "Worlds in Collision" and "Earth in
Upheaval"?

Wayne

Old December 29th 06, 06:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

On 2006-12-29 18:31:04 +0000, "W.G.D." said:

Bert:

Why Immanuel Velikovsky of course.

Remember his much shunned works "Worlds in Collision" and "Earth in Upheaval"?

Wayne

Shunned because they were full of absolute nonsense. I read them when I
was 13 and even then I could see through the BS.

--

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Carl Sagan

Old December 29th 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A I read that figure of surface gravity of Uranus being 1.17
gee(117% of Earth's It does I know have a "mass"14,5x Earth and a
volume 64x Earth. Well to continue my thought on no hit I'll sum it up
by saying "No hit but it did suffer a gravitational glancing that tilted
its north pole over by nearly 100 degrees Go figu8ure Bert

Old December 29th 06, 11:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Starlord

Our moon was a result of the early Earth being hit and then the debrie
coming together to form our moon and at one time our moon was a lot closer
to the Earth, just as at the same time the Day on Earth was a lot shorter
too.

So far all I've seen posted in nothing but garbage.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

"W.G.D." wrote in message

sun seen from Uranus Philippe Gautier UK Astronomy 16 October 5th 04 06:20 PM
Uranus GoldfishPanda Amateur Astronomy 27 November 12th 03 07:46 AM
Uranus Sandro N Amateur Astronomy 11 September 7th 03 06:43 PM
Uranus Starstuffed UK Astronomy 1 September 6th 03 08:54 AM
Uranus Sandro N Astronomy Misc 0 August 26th 03 02:48 AM