Behold, the Milky Way! Our Galaxy Glitters in This Spectacular Photo

Old September 8th 18, 06:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Internetado[_3_]

Default Behold, the Milky Way! Our Galaxy Glitters in This Spectacular Photo

The starry arc of the Milky Way galaxy sprawls across the evening sky
on a spring night in this photo captured near the village of Campinho
in Portugal's Dark Sky Alqueva Reserve. [...]

https://www.space.com/41748-milky-wa...lar-photo.html

--
Eduardo
----------
Old September 8th 18, 07:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 1:15:19 PM UTC-5, Internetado wrote:
The starry arc of the Milky Way galaxy sprawls across the evening sky
on a spring night in this photo captured near the village of Campinho
in Portugal's Dark Sky Alqueva Reserve. [...]

https://www.space.com/41748-milky-wa...lar-photo.html

--
Eduardo
----------

But you cannot photograph the Milky Way unless you go to Andromeda or some

similar out of the way place!
Old September 9th 18, 11:05 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

wrote:
The starry arc of the Milky Way galaxy sprawls across the evening
sky on a spring night in this photo captured near the village of
Campinho in Portugal's Dark Sky Alqueva Reserve. [...]

https://www.space.com/41748-milky-wa...lar-photo.html

Eduardo

But you cannot photograph the Milky Way unless you go to Andromeda or
some similar out of the way place!

Just as you can stand in a room and take photo's of the room, so you can
take photo's of The Milky Way from inside The Milky Way!!

--
Daniel

Old September 9th 18, 11:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

wrote:
The starry arc of the Milky Way galaxy sprawls across the evening
sky on a spring night in this photo captured near the village of
Campinho in Portugal's Dark Sky Alqueva Reserve. [...]

https://www.space.com/41748-milky-wa...lar-photo.html

Eduardo

But you cannot photograph the Milky Way unless you go to Andromeda or
some similar out of the way place!

Just as you can stand in a room and take photo's of the room, so you can
take photo's of The Milky Way from inside The Milky Way!!

Have you ever taken a selfie? Those never work!
Old September 9th 18, 11:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 5:05:50 AM UTC-5, Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote on 9/09/2018 4:32 AM:
On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 1:15:19 PM UTC-5, Internetado wrote:
The starry arc of the Milky Way galaxy sprawls across the evening sky
on a spring night in this photo captured near the village of Campinho
in Portugal's Dark Sky Alqueva Reserve. [...]

https://www.space.com/41748-milky-wa...lar-photo.html

--
Eduardo
----------

But you cannot photograph the Milky Way unless you go to Andromeda or some

similar out of the way place!

Rubbish.

I know that is what you rats like!
Old September 9th 18, 07:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 3:32:04 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 5:05:50 AM UTC-5, Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote on 9/09/2018 4:32 AM:
On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 1:15:19 PM UTC-5, Internetado wrote:
The starry arc of the Milky Way galaxy sprawls across the evening sky
on a spring night in this photo captured near the village of Campinho
in Portugal's Dark Sky Alqueva Reserve. [...]

https://www.space.com/41748-milky-wa...lar-photo.html

--
Eduardo
----------

But you cannot photograph the Milky Way unless you go to Andromeda or some

similar out of the way place!

Rubbish.

I know that is what you rats like!

We only see six thousand stars when we look from horizon to horizon.Bert
Old September 10th 18, 10:38 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

wrote:
The starry arc of the Milky Way galaxy sprawls across the evening
sky on a spring night in this photo captured near the village of
Campinho in Portugal's Dark Sky Alqueva Reserve. [...]

https://www.space.com/41748-milky-wa...lar-photo.html

Eduardo

But you cannot photograph the Milky Way unless you go to Andromeda or
some similar out of the way place!

Just as you can stand in a room and take photo's of the room, so you can
take photo's of The Milky Way from inside The Milky Way!!

Have you ever taken a selfie? Those never work!

Why would I want to take a "selfie"?? I can just look in a mirror!!

--
Daniel
Old September 10th 18, 01:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 1:28:18 PM UTC-5, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 3:32:04 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 5:05:50 AM UTC-5, Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote on 9/09/2018 4:32 AM:
On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 1:15:19 PM UTC-5, Internetado wrote:
The starry arc of the Milky Way galaxy sprawls across the evening sky
on a spring night in this photo captured near the village of Campinho
in Portugal's Dark Sky Alqueva Reserve. [...]

https://www.space.com/41748-milky-wa...lar-photo.html

--
Eduardo
----------

But you cannot photograph the Milky Way unless you go to Andromeda or some

similar out of the way place!

Rubbish.

I know that is what you rats like!

We only see six thousand stars when we look from horizon to horizon.Bert

When you see galaxies you see trillions.
Old September 10th 18, 01:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

wrote:
The starry arc of the Milky Way galaxy sprawls across the evening
sky on a spring night in this photo captured near the village of
Campinho in Portugal's Dark Sky Alqueva Reserve. [...]

https://www.space.com/41748-milky-wa...lar-photo.html

Eduardo

But you cannot photograph the Milky Way unless you go to Andromeda or
some similar out of the way place!

Just as you can stand in a room and take photo's of the room, so you can
take photo's of The Milky Way from inside The Milky Way!!

Have you ever taken a selfie? Those never work!

Why would I want to take a "selfie"?? I can just look in a mirror!!

--
Daniel

I'm talking about trying to take a selfie of the Milky Way.