Nuclear test in North Korea?

Old September 12th 04, 05:04 AM
Sky-High

Default Nuclear test in North Korea?

A mushroom-shaped cloud about 2.2 miles to 2.5 miles in diameter was
monitored during the explosion.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040911_1469.html

N. Korea has long range missiles that can hit the Western United
States. Is it now time for a pre-emptive strike by the U.S?

I think so.

-sh
Old September 12th 04, 05:39 AM
Szaki

It was reported by South-Koreas news agency. So, where are the US gamma rays
detecting satellites, to confirm that?
Could be a Hoax!

Julius

m...

Old September 12th 04, 07:04 AM
Orion

You're whistling past the graveyard if ya think that. N Korea is as mad as a
hatter and crazy as a **** house rat. They'd nuke themselves if they thought
they could get a single ounce of respect from the rest of the world.
Crazy=dangerous=N Korea...
Orion

"Szaki" wrote in message
It was reported by South-Koreas news agency. So, where are the US gamma

rays
detecting satellites, to confirm that?
Could be a Hoax!

Julius

"Sky-High" wrote in message
m...
A mushroom-shaped cloud about 2.2 miles to 2.5 miles in diameter was
monitored during the explosion.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040911_1469.html

N. Korea has long range missiles that can hit the Western United
States. Is it now time for a pre-emptive strike by the U.S?

I think so.

-sh

---

Old September 12th 04, 07:31 AM
Szaki

They don't have to nuke them self, that's US propaganda. China is backing up
N-Korea. If US attack, N-Korea, they have to deal with China too. Remember
1953!
Also, who knows how Russia would react.

JS

"Szaki" wrote in message
It was reported by South-Koreas news agency. So, where are the US gamma

rays
detecting satellites, to confirm that?
Could be a Hoax!

Julius

m...

Old September 12th 04, 07:34 AM
Darin

On 2004-09-11 21:04:08 -0700, (Sky-High) said:

A mushroom-shaped cloud about 2.2 miles to 2.5 miles in diameter was
monitored during the explosion.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040911_1469.html

N. Korea has long range missiles that can hit the Western United
States. Is it now time for a pre-emptive strike by the U.S?

I think so.

-sh

Would the explosion show up on the earhquake monitors? The IRIS page
doesn't show anything near the border with China, as reported.

Could a nuclear explosion really go off two or three days ago and no
one in the (non-military) scientific community notice?

--Darin

www.darinboville.com

Old September 12th 04, 07:44 AM
VicXnews

(Sky-High) wrote in m:

A mushroom-shaped cloud about 2.2 miles to 2.5 miles in diameter was
monitored during the explosion.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040911_1469.html

N. Korea has long range missiles that can hit the Western United
States. Is it now time for a pre-emptive strike by the U.S?

I think so.

-sh

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...QQU&refer=asia

North Korea Blast Created Mushroom Cloud, Yonhap Says (Update1)
Sept. 12 (Bloomberg) -- An blast last week in North Korea created a
mushroom cloud with a radius as wide as 4 kilometers, Yonhap News Agency
reported, citing unidentified diplomats. A South Korean official said it
probably wasn't nuclear.

Thursday's explosion in Kimhyongjik-gun, located in Ryanggang province
close to the Chinese border in a heavily militarized area, was on North
Korea's founding day, the South Korean news agency said, citing diplomats
in Seoul.

``I received reports that there were signs of an explosion in North
Korea,'' South Korea's Unification Minister Chung Dong Young said at a
briefing today in Seoul. ``I'm aware some foreign news media have reported
the possibility of a nuclear test. But, for the moment, we believe that
this wasn't related to that.'' Chung added that authorities were gathering
more information.

--
If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that
matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen
somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between
medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my
grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without
benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties.
It's that fundamental belief-I am my brother's keeper, I am my sisters'
keeper-that makes this country work. It's what allows us to pursue our
individual dreams, yet still come together as a single American family.
"E pluribus unum." Out of many, one.
Barack Obama
-------------
Welfare State is not a dirty word. It simply means that the government
has a concern and responsibility that the standard of living shall not
fall below a certain level. The Democratic Party has been meeting this
responsibility since FDR
Johnny Morgan
Old September 12th 04, 07:48 PM
Richard

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 06:44:38 GMT, VicXnews wrote:

(Sky-High) wrote in m:

[...]

All large explosions produce mushroom clouds. Since it's not nuclear,
it means it was a mistake most likely and I hope more than a few N.
Korean communists bought the farm because of it. How can a regime
with the kind of abject poverty is has invest in making nuclear
weapons?

Old September 12th 04, 08:37 PM
Sunimage

Could it possibly be a meteorite exploding in the atmosphere? I think I
remember reading a year or two ago that aircraft in Israel were
scrambled after a meteor was mistaken for something more hostile.

Old September 12th 04, 11:33 PM
Orion

Ya might be right, but I never could see China really backing N Korea with
anything more than lip service.. N Korea has so many downsides to it, and
the only upside they have I can think of is dark skies, since they prefer to
live in the stone age, and electricty is of course a product of the depraved
western cultures...
Orion

"Szaki" wrote in message
It was reported by South-Koreas news agency. So, where are the US

gamma
rays
detecting satellites, to confirm that?
Could be a Hoax!