"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me

Old March 3rd 05, 09:08 PM
Rand Simberg

On 3 Mar 2005 09:01:21 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Cecil
Trotter" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Yup. Instituted during the Clinton administration (by Shalikashvili,
I believe) with much unhappiness from the Special Forces. The idea
was to make everyone feel "special."

And none of the regular Army I've talked to are very happy with their
new headgear either.

There was also the little issue that they ended up being manufactured
in China...
Old March 3rd 05, 10:04 PM
Herb Schaltegger

Douglas Berry wrote:

Anything is
better than the overseas cap I had to wear when in non-Airborne units
(aka the "**** cap")

Please don't mess with my traditions. I still have mine (several, in
fact) from my Air Force days.

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D., GPG Key ID: BBF6FC1C
"The loss of the American system of checks and balances is more of a security
Old March 4th 05, 12:15 AM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:05:08 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Marion Morrison wore one in the movie "The Green Berets", as you point out.
Of course, this guy wore one also:
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9710/17/cuba.che/che.large.jpg
You have to admit that Che had the revolutionary look nailed 100%;

Yes, to the point that it's become chic for clueless college kids to
worship a brutal thug that they know nothing about.
Old March 4th 05, 05:25 AM
Jorge R. Frank

h (Rand Simberg) wrote in
:

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:48:28 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
(Eric Chomko) made the phosphor on my

: Yup. Instituted during the Clinton administration (by
: Shalikashvili, I believe) with much unhappiness from the Special
: Forces. The idea was to make everyone feel "special."
:
: And none of the regular Army I've talked to are very happy with
: their new headgear either.

: There was also the little issue that they ended up being
: manufactured in China...

But isn't China our most favored nation WRT trade?

No. Apparently you're as ignorant of the meaning of the phrase "most
favored nation."

Who did THAT?

I neither know, nor care.

Carter, 1980.

http://www.fas.org/man/crs/92-094.htm

"After having been suspended in 1951, MFN status was restored to China in
1980 conditionally under the Jackson-Vanik freedom-of-emigration amendment
of the Trade Act of 1974 and must be renewed annually."

"In accordance with this procedure, the President, on October 23, 1979,
transmitted to Congress the trade agreement with China, signed on July 7,
1979, its proclamation, and the executive order extending to China the
Jackson-Vanik waiver (H.Doc. 96-209). The agreement was approved by
Congress on January 24, 1980 (H.Con.Res. 204, 96th Congress) and entered
into force (together with the reciprocal grant of the MFN status which it
contains in addition to all other provisions required by section 405(b) of
the Trade Act of 1974) on February 1, 1980."

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old March 4th 05, 05:26 AM
pctech

I'm trying to get laptop in time for church camp summer job. Please
help if you can by using my referal link:
http://www.pctech4free.com/default.aspx?ref=59054

Thanks in advance.

Old March 4th 05, 05:31 AM
Christopher M. Jones

pctech wrote:
I'm trying to get laptop in time for church camp summer job. Please
help if you can by using my referal link:
[DELETED!]

Thanks in advance.

Sure, I have tons of money that I would be more than happy to
give to you. Seeing as how you have such a great need and
all. However, I prefer to transfer it using ACH, so please
send me your bank account ABA routing number, account number,
mother's maiden name, and social security number.

I look forward to helping you realize your dream of untethered
computations at church camp.

kthxbye