Our galaxy heading for collision with Andromeda Galaxy

Old June 9th 12, 04:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
signifiespost

Default Our galaxy heading for collision with Andromeda Galaxy

NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. This is
absurd. The collision will commence after 2 billion years. By that
time, Sun would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his
planets.

Even otherwise, solar system would perish in countless supernova
explosions that follow the galaxy collision.

Check out:http://signifies.net/our-galaxy-heading-for-an-end/
Old June 9th 12, 05:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 20:53:47 -0700 (PDT), signifiespost
wrote:

NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. This is
absurd. The collision will commence after 2 billion years. By that
time, Sun would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his
planets.

The Sun will become a red giant, not a dwarf. And in so doing, it will
extend to somewhere near Earth's orbit, meaning that it will engulf
Mercury and Venus, and possibly Earth. They could survive that,
however, since the outer region of a red dwarf is so tenuous the
planets could continue to orbit inside it. In any case, however, it is
only the inner three planets at risk of destruction, and their absence
will not change much in the Solar System.

Even otherwise, solar system would perish in countless supernova
explosions that follow the galaxy collision.

When galaxies collide, regions of dust and gas that come together can
form new star forming regions. High mass stars that form there will
produce supernovas within just a few million years of their formation.
But supernovas are only dangerous very locally, and mainly only to
life. Since there will be no life on Earth when the galaxies collide,
there will be nothing to be harmed by any local supernovas (and there
may not even be any that are very close by). Certainly, we observe
many colliding galaxies, and the vast bulk of both parents are not
being affected by star forming regions.
Old June 9th 12, 06:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Chris L Peterson:

The Sun will become a red giant, not a dwarf. And in so doing, it will
extend to somewhere near Earth's orbit, meaning that it will engulf
Mercury and Venus, and possibly Earth. They could survive that,
however, since the outer region of a red dwarf is so tenuous the
planets could continue to orbit inside it....
Since there will be no life on Earth when the galaxies collide,
there will be nothing to be harmed by any local supernovas....

Some people think that it is possible that microscopic life--bacteria,
in particular--living deep underground could survive the Sun's
red-giant phase. With the atmosphere and all of the surface water
boiled off, however, the chances of a new evolutionary cycle leading to
the repopulation of the Earth by large animals or plants seems very
unlikely.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old June 9th 12, 02:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 01:37:03 -0400, Davoud wrote:

Some people think that it is possible that microscopic life--bacteria,
in particular--living deep underground could survive the Sun's
red-giant phase. With the atmosphere and all of the surface water
boiled off, however, the chances of a new evolutionary cycle leading to
the repopulation of the Earth by large animals or plants seems very
unlikely.

Bacteria certainly does seem resilient. Given the recent discoveries
of bacteria living many kilometers below the surface, its survival
during the Sun's red giant phase seems very possible. Of course, any
life deep enough to survive will also be unaffected by even nearby
supernovas.
Old June 9th 12, 09:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jun 8, 8:53*pm, signifiespost wrote:
NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. *This is
absurd. *The collision will commence after 2 billion years. *By that
time, Sun would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his
planets.

Even otherwise, *solar system would perish in countless supernova
explosions that follow the galaxy collision.

Check out:http://signifies.net/our-galaxy-heading-for-an-end/

Those unavoidable tidal interactions and the tossing of spare black
holes about would due us in, even if nothing even came into direct
contact with our world. Our red giant sun would likely advance to the
helium flashover stage ahead of schedule, or simply implode from
encountering significant other mass.

Does anyone know if the encounter is going to be prograde or
retrograde?

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG, Guth Usenet/Guth Venus
Old June 9th 12, 09:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Exactly correct, in that life as we know it on this depleted planet is
doomed to fail us billions of years before the galactic merger.

We'd survive a whole lot better as within a nearly solid moon of a gas
giant or brown dwarf. A partially hollowed out moon with an extremely
thick and fused basalt crust of sufficient paramagnetic and/or
carbonado property, would make for the ideal lifeboat that could best
survive a galactic encounter.

Old June 10th 12, 01:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jun 8, 8:53*pm, signifiespost wrote:
NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. *This is
absurd. *The collision will commence after 2 billion years. *By that
time, Sun would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his
planets.

Even otherwise, *solar system would perish in countless supernova
explosions that follow the galaxy collision.

Check out:http://signifies.net/our-galaxy-heading-for-an-end/

Sirius at 64 times brighter:
Long before our galaxy gets nailed by Andromeda and we're getting
ripped to shreds by black holes that start getting tossed about, at
least our nighttime in a bluish-white plus UV starshine should become
rather nicely illuminated, and better yet on every 50 year
contribution of UV, X-rays and even gamma from Sirius(B) might
actually contribute more gamma and X-rays than our moon.

The most rich and powerful Oligarch Rothschilds (upper .0001% caste)
as having never once complained about any GW or AGW issues, much less
having been concerned about the availability or artificially inflated
cost of energy, food, fresh water and health services, means that
everything is exactly as artificially inflated and getting extra
depleted as it should be.

Don’t bother looking for any of those new or even lethal kinds of
rogue/nomad asteroids, or even substantial planetoids headed our way,
because we’re still not prepared to do anything except cringe and prey
and/or sweat bullets, as we can only hope to hell that they somehow
manage to keep missing us.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47635708.../#.T8o2cNnvl7s

Lots of talk and studies that’ll do nothing to prevent or divert the
next encounter of the lethal asteroid kind of lithobraking trauma.
Many of these new arrivals will not even be detected in time to notify
those nearest its terrestrial impact zone, or from the radial
downrange trauma of strong tidal forces that’ll follow as something
dark, cold and scary of sufficient mass passes nearby.
http://news.discovery.com/space/top-...eflection.html
“If none of the nine aforementioned asteroid deflection methods pan
out, there may not be much else to do if a near-Earth asteroid's
course can't be altered with decades or even centuries of advance
warning. So we may need to fall back on panicking.”

With the Sirius Oort cloud directly upon us and closing in at 7.5 km/
sec; our recess time is about up.

The Sirius Oort cloud should contain at least a thousand fold more
asteroids and planetoids with considerably greater average mass than
our Oort cloud of debris has to offer, and for the most part we’re
still not prepared (physically nor mentally other than being really
good at denial). As Sirius zooms past our solar system within a light
year, is when it’ll get downright nasty for us, even though having
that second sun may have some interesting illumination benefits with
such a star being near 64 fold brighter than it currently is, whereas
at least by then we’ll have become somewhat better able to identify
those new asteroids and planetoids coming our way, and quite possibly
prepared enough to either defend our planet or taking appropriate
cover within our robust moon shouldn’t be unlikely.

Even the planet Venus with its extremely thick and dense atmosphere
could provide a better failsafe outcome than Earth, not to mention a
little better shielded by the sun itself.

Old June 11th 12, 07:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_2_]

On Friday, June 8, 2012 8:53:47 PM UTC-7, signifiespost wrote:
NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. This is
absurd. The collision will commence after 2 billion years. By that
time, Sun would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his
planets.

Even otherwise, solar system would perish in countless supernova
explosions that follow the galaxy collision.

Check out:http://signifies.net/our-galaxy-heading-for-an-end/

This may provide something to help construct a scenario:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...milky-way.html
Old June 22nd 12, 06:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jun 11, 11:53*am, Ben wrote:
On Friday, June 8, 2012 8:53:47 PM UTC-7, signifiespost wrote:
NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. *This is
absurd. *The collision will commence after 2 billion years. *By that
time, Sun would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his
planets.

Even otherwise, *solar system would perish in countless supernova
explosions that follow the galaxy collision.

Check out:http://signifies.net/our-galaxy-heading-for-an-end/

This may provide something to help construct a scenario:http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...he-day-quintet...

In a few billion years, the Great Attractor with thousands of galactic
mergers taking place, should put on quite a spectacular show. No
doubt by then, our larger than average sun will have turned into a red
giant, or possibly even evolved as a white dwarf.

Old June 22nd 12, 07:10 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jun 8, 8:53*pm, signifiespost wrote:
NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. *This is
absurd. *The collision will commence after 2 billion years. *By that
time, Sun would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his
planets.

Even otherwise, *solar system would perish in countless supernova
explosions that follow the galaxy collision.

Check out:http://signifies.net/our-galaxy-heading-for-an-end/

A cosmic version of the HLC that started off with perhaps a combined
150 trillion solar masses that obviously contracted instead of
galaxies having expanded away from one another. That’s a potential
whopping 30 trillion solar masses (6e43 kg) each galaxy prior to the
mergers that pretty much destroyed all life in all five galaxies.

Supposedly 100 trillion solar masses is just the hydrogen and helium
gas blown outside of these collided galaxies.
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...milky-way.html

In a few billion years, the Great Attractor with thousands of
galactic mergers taking place (including whatever’s left of our
galaxy), should put on quite a spectacular show. No doubt by then,
our larger than average sun will have turned into a red giant, or
possibly even evolved towards forming into a white dwarf with few if
any planets.