Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old January 29th 17, 10:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Another pretty good day for January. Wind seems to have shifted to being from the southwest, though that's not what the weather station says. Currently 45F as of 1:00 PM PST.

Met Kim at the Gresham Transit Center last night where she gave me some Korean food appropriate for the Korean/Chinese New Year. Time to reaffirm my New Year's resolutions. I have been sticking to them quite well so far! Met a woman named Teresa while waiting in the cold for a bus back home. The name Teresa has been popping up a lot lately. She was another old timer from this area. She talked my ear off, but it helped me pass the time in the cold while waiting for the bus.

Street demonstrations in the streets of Portland again this weekend to protest Trump! These times are beginning to remind me of the situation in Saint Petersburg back in November 1917! Boy did they make a 70 year mistake!

Double-A

Old January 30th 17, 10:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Currently 41F as of 1:30 PM PST here in Gresham. Overcast but so far dry. No wind. Winter weather is forecast to return later in the week.

The Pro Bowl was on last night, but for us proletariat, only on the radio. I listened to it anyway. Gave me the excuse to down a couple of my favorite high gravity beers. Finished off the Korean New Year's food Kim gave me.

Double-A

Old January 31st 17, 09:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Now 38F as 0f 12:45 PM PST here in Gresham. Raining lightly. Easterly breeze.

More winter weather is staring us in the face in the next few days. Maybe snow. Maybe ice. Much harder and colder east wind. At least this is the last day of January. It is a month I am always most happy to see go!

Double-A

Old February 4th 17, 10:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Gusty south wind today here in Gresham, but it's welcome and relatively warm at 47F as of 1:00 PM PST. How different than yesterday, when a 27F howling east wind , that had blown for days, was freezing the rain into ice onto everything, up to about 1/4 ice. Never thought I would venture out today, but the warm air came in over night, which along with harder, warmer rain, melted all the ice by morning! Was able to get stocked up with snacks for the Super Bowl tomorrow!

Hard to believe but today might be our only retrieve from winter weather. I have now heard forecasts for colder air and 6 inches of snow coming tomorrow afternoon!

Double-A

Old February 7th 17, 12:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Raining here in Gresham. Sun was out for a brief shining moment, so I decided to come out. Gusty south wind, currently 11 mph. Temperature 42F as of 3:00 PM PST.

My reception was really bad when I turned on the Super Bowl pregame show, but as a storm passed over, reception became pretty good, at least after I got the rabbit ears into an extremely contorted position. I thought the game was all overt by half time, but I guess the Patriots got those balls deflated just in time pull out the great comeback they achieved culminating in their OT victory!

Library is having trouble with their printers since Saturday. Don't know when they will get it fixed. I should spend the bucks for a cartridge for my printer at home. The hopper is not working right, but it will feed one sheet at a time.

Double-A

Old February 7th 17, 08:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 3:09:47 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Raining here in Gresham. Sun was out for a brief shining moment, so I decided to come out. Gusty south wind, currently 11 mph. Temperature 42F as of 3:00 PM PST.

My reception was really bad when I turned on the Super Bowl pregame show, but as a storm passed over, reception became pretty good, at least after I got the rabbit ears into an extremely contorted position. I thought the game was all overt by half time, but I guess the Patriots got those balls deflated just in time pull out the great comeback they achieved culminating in their OT victory!

Library is having trouble with their printers since Saturday. Don't know when they will get it fixed. I should spend the bucks for a cartridge for my printer at home. The hopper is not working right, but it will feed one sheet at a time.

Double-A

Another rainy day.67 to 50.Not good weather for sleeping in van with a cold..Tired of this dam flu.TreBert
Old February 8th 17, 02:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

Cretin "reber g=emc^2" the
http://tinyurl.com/Recalcitrant-Swine-Glazier who is
Bert, the un-American Communist, Bigot, Hatemonger,
Full Swine, Face ****ter & Graveyard Vandal wrote:
"Not good weather for sleeping in van with a cold.

Tired of this dam flu.TreBert"

hanson wrote:
Glazier, stop lying, hyping, bellyaching and complaining
over nothing. Do as you say: "Drink TANG, lots of TANG",
Glazier, you filthy Hypochondriac
Old February 8th 17, 10:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 11:41:35 AM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Bright sun Warmer.Hope it stays nice for my birthday.Will spend it at Huntington Beach eating Maine lobster with Bud. Treert
Old February 9th 17, 01:40 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

The http://tinyurl.com/Recalcitrant-Swine-Glazier aka
"reber g=emc^2" wrote:
"Hope it stays nice for my birthday.Will spend it at
Huntington Beach eating Maine lobster with Bud. Treert"
....and "Treert"-Glazier the Senile Swine and criminal
Graveyard Vandal forgot that he posted yesterday
that Glazier will go with in Minnie Mouse Van, and'
the bucket that Glazier ****s into, "on top of Beverly
Hills to be arrested by the LA police..." .. but then
http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-Lying-Swine don't
know any different and never did...... ROTFLMAO
Old February 10th 17, 11:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 1:05:13 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Your birthday come and gone already! Hope you had a happy one! Me just hunkering down most of the time until all this winter weather passes.

Gusty winds, 13 mph, sometimes SW, sometimes SE. Occasional showers. Had a real cloudburst yesterday! Some local flooding. Some roads are closed due to slides. Temp here in Gresham now 48F. Yesterday it got up to 58F! Warmest day so far this year! Got to lunch with Kim on Wednesday, but the blowing rain was miserable. My umbrella got damaged. Some outlying areas are still getting snow. Vernonia schools were closed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernonia,_Oregon

Hope your flu is better, Bert.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM