Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old December 22nd 15, 10:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

AA Raining all day a very hard drizle.Two days in a row.Must be snow on Baldy.When the Sun comes out I'll check it out.Very chilly too.TreBert

Well at least you are finally getting some rain. I probably won't be back for a few days. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I have lunch with Kim. Then the library is closed both the 24th and the 25th.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you!

Double-A

Old December 26th 15, 10:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Some sun this morning through clouds. But the east wind is back, bringing in colder air. Currently as of 12:45 PM here in Gresham it is 38F. But there is more rain forecast in the first part of next week.

A white Christmas in Los Vegas, while 72F in New York City, and Christmas tornadoes plowing through the southern states! That must be what they mean by climate change!

I had a great birthday luncheon with Kim. The waitress brought me makeshift cake made with cookies and cake with a candle she lit on top, and she and Kim sang me Happy Birthday!

I had a quiet Christmas at home, only thankful to have a warm place to be this year.

Here is a picture and video of the washout on Kane Drive which goes right by my apartment. The city of Gresham is still working on the repair, but it will take awhile. They have to get both state and federal permits to complete their repair plan. Meanwhile I have to walk a little further to get on the bus.

https://vimeo.com/148286960

Double-A

Old December 27th 15, 09:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A mostly cloudy day here in Gresham. Now 39F as of 12:30 PM PST. Wind from the east at 11 mph.

Snow is possible!

Double-A

Old December 28th 15, 10:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Snow on the ground last night! White Christmas came just a couple days late. This morning it's all gone and rain in the morning. The temp now here in Gresham as of 1:45 AM PST is 39F, and that will probably be the high for the day. Rain has stopped, but still a little misty, and everything very wet. Wind has died down almost completely, but still out of the east which keeps it cold.

The bus driver today stopped exactly beside the temporary stop and right up to the curb, forcing us to walk right through some mud right there. Some of those drivers must certainly enjoy their work!

Double-A

Old December 29th 15, 12:40 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 1:55:05 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Snow on the ground last night! White Christmas came just a couple days late. This morning it's all gone and rain in the morning. The temp now here in Gresham as of 1:45 AM PST is 39F, and that will probably be the high for the day. Rain has stopped, but still a little misty, and everything very wet. Wind has died down almost completely, but still out of the east which keeps it cold.

The bus driver today stopped exactly beside the temporary stop and right up to the curb, forcing us to walk right through some mud right there. Some of those drivers must certainly enjoy their work!

Double-A

Very cold.Checking into motel for a week.Not up to snuff.Need a good blood check. Got a tuch of food posining I fear. TreBert
Old December 29th 15, 11:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 3:40:51 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Very cold.Checking into motel for a week.Not up to snuff.Need a good blood check. Got a tuch of food posining I fear. TreBert

The last time I thought I had food poisoning, it turned out to be a hernia causing a bowel blockage! Best to have it checked out.

Now 37F here in Gresham as of 2:45 PM PST. Wind still from the east at 11 mph. Rained most of the night, a few more snow flakes this morning, and still raining now, but rain should stop by tonight. Then it should be dry for the next week. What that means this time of year is that the east wind will increase to its full fury, and it will get much colder!

Library is kind of busy today, and I had to reserve a computer.

Double-A

Old January 7th 16, 10:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Stayed home most of the week. East wind howling with 55 mph gusts early on. Temp was 25F. Then some snow came on Sunday, followed by a coating of ice on Monday. Kids got a couple days off from school.

My lifelong friend, Dennis, who now also lives in Gresham, came by on New Years Day with a fifth of my favorite bourbon, Wild Turkey! What a friend!

Had lunch with Kim again yesterday. The more I listen to here tales of woe, the more I realize what a mysterious woman she is. Something like my ex-wife.

Today there is finally a break from the winter weather. Currently a relatively pleasant 44F and perfectly calm as of 1:00 PM PST here in Gresham.

I hear that formerly parched LA is now turning into a water world, with on storm after another coming in! Earthquakes too.

The stock market is in free fall, following the lead of the Chinese market. And as they always say on Wall Street, as goes the first day, so goes January, and as goes January, so goes the year!

Gold has begun to edge upward. No surprise there.

Double-A

Old January 8th 16, 12:38 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 1:20:27 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Sunny as I type.Had some rain but no big rain in Anaheim. I have an idea that Anaheim will get that 5.6 .I'm feeling better but food poisoning is no fun. Seems China has it all,and can play games with our US factories that in reality they own Thanks to Bush.They are the inside traders.We are the outside suckers. They can close our factories.Why not TreBert PS they are buying up the best land in Orange County.and LA
Old January 8th 16, 04:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

The joke here in Oregon is: What do you call a rainy day in Oregon? Answer: A day just like yesterday
--------------

I suppose that is funny if you're high on legal weed. Otherwise, not so much
Old January 8th 16, 04:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

The joke here in Oregon is: What do you call a rainy day in Oregon? Answer: A day just like yesterday

I suppose that is funny if you're high on legal weed. Otherwise, not so much

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM