Bright star in the sky again.

Old May 17th 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot[_2_] oldcoot[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default Bright star in the sky again.

From "Yubiwan":

It seems odd to me that many people of
Islam feel the same way about the
"infidels" of America.

And Americans seem to be completely
unwilling to do anything but reinforce
their feelings.
Isn't indiscriminate "whacking out"
precisely what rabid dogs do?
This is just a suggestion, but maybe it's
time to hatch out wiser pathways?

How do you deal with rabid dogs?
"Negotiate"?

You heal them, of course.

The trouble here seems to be that one
rabid dog cannot heal another. So one
must first heal the rabidity in oneself.

You are 100% correct. And i was totally wrong to have made such an
unfounded, untrue, and off-topic statement. A very wise mentor of mine
admonished at every opportunity: "Always see and respect the other
fellow's frame of referance. Learn to see through his eyes."
This is a place where that admonition totally applies.
Thank you for the reminder.
And to all concerned, i wish to formally and humbly
apologize.

Bill(oc)

Old May 17th 07, 05:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Starlord

Stupid poster, rabies can NOT be cured once a dog, cat, or anything else
shows that they have it, the only cure is a .45cal to the hart or such. Why
not let a rabit dog bite you? I'm sure they'd have a grave site for you in
the nearest good fire site. In the mean time welcome to the Cyber Black
Hole.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
AD World
http://www.adworld.netfirms.com/

Old May 17th 07, 05:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot[_2_] oldcoot[_2_] is offline
Banned

(I am using the old standby Webbie rig since the !@#$%^& DSL rig refuses
to reboot.)

Regarding the admonition to "always see and respect the other fellow's
frame of referance", it becomes no more graphically apparent than in
seeing, *experientially*, how the Islamics see US.. seeing thru *their*
eyes, "seeing the other's frame of referance".
Gordon Wolter lived by that admonition and applied it
as a matter of course. I've never been able to emulate it, so never
really tried. But this is an opportunity to actually put it into
practice. It's a real "eye opener".
oc(Bill)

Old May 17th 07, 09:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On May 17, 9:10 am, "Starlord"
wrote:
Stupid poster, rabies can NOT be cured once a dog, cat, or anything else
shows that they have it, the only cure is a .45cal to the hart or such. Why
not let a rabit dog bite you? I'm sure they'd have a grave site for you in
the nearest good fire site. In the mean time welcome to the Cyber Black
Hole.

Stupid Starlord, just because we humans at this stage of our
development don't know the cure, doesn't mean that "rabies can NOT be
cured". I have every confidence that diseases even such as cancer DO
have cures, even if today's doctors don't know what the hell to do!
Continued research will find the answers. And how the hell do you
know that the Seans don't have a cure, even for rabies?

Double-A

Old May 17th 07, 09:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

On 2007-05-17 21:32:04 +0100, Double-A said:

Stupid Starlord, just because we humans at this stage of our
development don't know the cure, doesn't mean that "rabies can NOT be
cured". I have every confidence that diseases even such as cancer DO
have cures, even if today's doctors don't know what the hell to do!
Continued research will find the answers. And how the hell do you
know that the Seans don't have a cure, even for rabies?

Because the Seans are not aliens, you delusional halfwit.

--
COOSN-174-07-82116: Official Science Team mascot and alt.astronomy's favourite
poster (from a survey taken of the saucerhead high command).

Sacred keeper of the Hollow Sphere, and the space within the Coffee Boy
singularity.

Old May 17th 07, 11:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
John \C\

"Phineas T Puddleduck" wrote in message

Because the Seans are not aliens, you delusional halfwit.

You're not an astrophysicist, you delusional gay halfwit.

HJ

Old May 18th 07, 02:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Starlord You have to see a Dr, right away if bitten by an animal.(two
weeks can be much to long) Had a friend who;s own dog bit him. He was
only 27 years old.Was doing research in africa(sent there right after
being bitten) on the blow dart paralyzing chemical the Pygmies use. Got
sick there and it was advanced rabies. I was not allowed to visit him.
He died a terrible death. I left out some other interesting stuff. He
was a doctor,and died of rabies. The deck was stacked against him.
Killed by his own dog Bert

Old May 19th 07, 03:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Yubiwan

On May 17, 10:35 am, (oldcoot) wrote:
From "Yubiwan":

[...]

You're very welcome, Mr. Sheppard!
It is good and important that one has a sound basis in wisdom as you
do with your mentor's words.

This is a good first step, but few will have the sound basis to take
it.
So we come to the second step: Healing the human rabidity in others.

The poster "Starlord" seems to feel this is impossible!
I wonder how far-reaching this feeling of hopelessness stretches
across the human experience?

Human rabidity is very seldom caused by a virus.
Truly, though, it is sometimes nearly as difficult to cure.
Rabidity in people, however, is a mental state, and therefore
changeable!
So there is a method to heal it.

How would one go about it?

Yubiwan

Old May 19th 07, 07:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
greysky

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Starlord You have to see a Dr, right away if bitten by an animal.(two
weeks can be much to long) Had a friend who;s own dog bit him. He was
only 27 years old.Was doing research in africa(sent there right after
being bitten) on the blow dart paralyzing chemical the Pygmies use. Got
sick there and it was advanced rabies. I was not allowed to visit him.
He died a terrible death. I left out some other interesting stuff. He
was a doctor,and died of rabies. The deck was stacked against him.
Killed by his own dog Bert

I was bitten by a dog when I was a young'un, Bert. The adults were terrified
the animal had Rabies because the dog was foaming up at the mouth. Then it
dropped dead. I was literally a few hours away from getting a huge needle
thrust into my stomach when the word came down that the dog had had a heart
attack, and didn't have rabies. Of course I was much too young to appreciate
the gravity of the situation, but I've never seen such a look of pure terror
written across the faces of the adults around me. The humor of the
situation - me being bitten by a dog and the dog dying lasted for years
afterwards amongst my pals... still feel bad for that old dog though, more
so now that I'm getting to be an old dog myself.

Greysky

Old May 19th 07, 11:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Greysky That is the reason you can't be neglected when bitten. A doctor
would know better,but my friend left for Africa,and when his dog bit him
he kicked him out of the house. He was hit by a truck,and was buried in
the back yard. So rabies did not come into the picture. In Africa the
first symptom was like a case of the flu. and he stayed there much to
long. I think about this often and wish I could get it out of my mind.
It happened 38 years ago. He died at the Framingham Ma. hospital I
would say no one since has died at that hospital from rabies since.
Bert