Good Vibrations, Good Morning....

Old December 18th 06, 03:34 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Craig Fink

Default Good Vibrations, Good Morning....

Hopefully, NASA sends up the morning wakeup call as an OGG (MP3) instead
of playing it over the ratty comm.

Did NASA pay the Beach Boys a royalty for broadcasting their song?

Or, is NASA avoiding the royalty by only broadcasting a portion of the
song?

Or, did the Beach Boys give their permission to play it? It's just good
advertising.

Or, is the wakeup call a don't ask, don't tell, royalty free broadcast;-)

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @
Old December 18th 06, 07:36 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Craig Fink

Yeah, and if it's over the regular comm the quality might be so bad that
the astronauts might prefer not to hear the entire song. Or, maybe the
astronauts have their own copy of it, so they can play the entire high
quality version if they want to listen to it.

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:55:27+0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

I don't believe they broadcast a long enough clip to make them liable
actually.

Brian

Old December 19th 06, 03:04 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Danny Deger

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
. uk...
I don't believe they broadcast a long enough clip to make them liable
actually.

Brian

If I still have enough brain cells functioning to remember correctly, I
think you only need to play 8 measures to have to pay.

My guess is 99% of all artist wave the fee -- if there is one.

Danny Deger

Good morning from Turkey Pete Lawrence UK Astronomy 7 March 28th 06 11:45 AM
Good God Mike Amateur Astronomy 1 May 29th 05 08:15 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good OM History 0 April 22nd 05 08:37 AM
Good Morning Larry UK Astronomy 8 June 8th 04 09:02 AM
Mars was looking good this morning . . . SPQR Amateur Astronomy 1 July 25th 03 11:35 PM