a possible way to "cancel" fog??

Old March 23rd 04, 11:24 PM
Fitzdraco

"Gary Samuels III" wrote in message
ink.net...
This is a quote from another post:

" There is such a way, I've been doing it for years. What you need to be
able
to do is to generate your own fog, reverse its phase, and push this
artificial pocket of fog directly in front of the fog you're trying to
observe through. Within moments, the fog cancels and you're back to
observing. Of course, this won't work if there's excessive wind, fog

that's
too thick to begin with, or rapidly dropping temperature."

Woah! Is this actually feasible? I've never heard of using anti-fog to
cancel fog.

Gary

Of course it's feasible but you have a lot of light polution left over from
the fog-antifog reaction.

Old March 24th 04, 12:15 AM
Ugo

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:25:03 GMT, Gary Samuels III wrote:

This is a quote from another post:

" There is such a way, I've been doing it for years. What you need to be
able
to do is to generate your own fog, reverse its phase, and push this
artificial pocket of fog directly in front of the fog you're trying to
observe through. Within moments, the fog cancels and you're back to
observing. Of course, this won't work if there's excessive wind, fog that's
too thick to begin with, or rapidly dropping temperature."

LMAO!!!! ))

--
The butler did it.
Old March 24th 04, 12:45 AM
Gary Samuels III

"Ugo" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:25:03 GMT, Gary Samuels III wrote:

This is a quote from another post:

" There is such a way, I've been doing it for years. What you need to

be
able
to do is to generate your own fog, reverse its phase, and push this
artificial pocket of fog directly in front of the fog you're trying to
observe through. Within moments, the fog cancels and you're back to
observing. Of course, this won't work if there's excessive wind, fog

that's
too thick to begin with, or rapidly dropping temperature."

LMAO!!!! ))

I thought so too, but he reaaly seems to believe that it works. Oh
well.....

Gary

Old March 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Ugo

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:45:03 GMT, Gary Samuels III wrote:

"Ugo" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:25:03 GMT, Gary Samuels III wrote:

This is a quote from another post:

" There is such a way, I've been doing it for years. What you need to

be
able
to do is to generate your own fog, reverse its phase, and push this
artificial pocket of fog directly in front of the fog you're trying to
observe through. Within moments, the fog cancels and you're back to
observing. Of course, this won't work if there's excessive wind, fog

that's
too thick to begin with, or rapidly dropping temperature."

LMAO!!!! ))

I thought so too, but he reaaly seems to believe that it works. Oh
well.....

Believing in something doesn't make it any more true than it is... :-)

--
The butler did it.
Old March 25th 04, 02:12 PM
O'Ryan Wells

"Ugo" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:25:03 GMT, Gary Samuels III wrote:

This is a quote from another post:

" There is such a way, I've been doing it for years. What you need to

be
able
to do is to generate your own fog, reverse its phase, and push this
artificial pocket of fog directly in front of the fog you're trying to
observe through. Within moments, the fog cancels and you're back to
observing. Of course, this won't work if there's excessive wind, fog

that's
too thick to begin with, or rapidly dropping temperature."

LMAO!!!! ))

I thought so too, but he reaaly seems to believe that it works. Oh
well.....

Believing in something doesn't make it any more true than it is... :-)

Unless a hundred million people believe in the same thing, it becomes true,
for them, and the rest of us too, if they go-a conquering.

O'Ryan Wells.

---

Old March 25th 04, 02:41 PM
BenignVanilla

"O'Ryan Wells" wrote in message
snip
LMAO!!!! ))

I thought so too, but he reaaly seems to believe that it works. Oh
well.....

Believing in something doesn't make it any more true than it is... :-)

Unless a hundred million people believe in the same thing, it becomes

true,
for them, and the rest of us too, if they go-a conquering.

snip

Especially since a REALLY BIG fan would work so much better.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old March 25th 04, 07:35 PM
CLT

This is a quote from another post:

" There is such a way, I've been doing it for years. What you need to be
able
to do is to generate your own fog, reverse its phase, and push this
artificial pocket of fog directly in front of the fog you're trying to
observe through. Within moments, the fog cancels and you're back to
observing. Of course, this won't work if there's excessive wind, fog

that's
too thick to begin with, or rapidly dropping temperature."

Woah! Is this actually feasible? I've never heard of using anti-fog to
cancel fog.

Sure! You just have to make sure you have the phase completely reversed, or
you will make it even worse. And as the original poster noted, there still
isn't a solution for a windy day, very thick fog, or rapidly dropping
temperature.

The pioneering work was done at CalTech through a military project. It's one
of the offspring of Star Wars, just like the adaptive optics that are now in
common use among professionals. Only this is more available to the amateurs.
Originally the problem was they could only make it work in very small areas.
As it drifted, the phase tended to shift back, giving you more fog than you
started with. That was solved with a proprietary zonal control of the phase
shift, allowing much larger areas to be covered while maintaining phase
stability.

This process is what gave birth to the "Clear Skies" in so many .sigs among
astronomers. It's still a little spendy, but not much more than a good apo.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/
Lunar Picture of the Day http://www.lpod.org/
************************************

Gary

Old March 25th 04, 08:57 PM
BenignVanilla

"CLT" not@thisaddress wrote in message
snip
[...]

This is a total sham. The government is just telling you this because they
don't want you to know the real truth, which is that you can use the
gravitational field produced by each fog particle (even though it is
slight), to create a HUGE array based gravitational lense. With a nice thick
fog cover, you can see clear to Planet-X and beyond. But of course, they
can't let us know this, so they spread propaganda about anti-fog systems and
the like. CLT is just part of the machine. Fight the power.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old March 25th 04, 09:11 PM
Wan Samms

This is a total sham. The government is just telling you this because they
don't want you to know the real truth, which is that you can use the
gravitational field produced by each fog particle (even though it is
slight), to create a HUGE array based gravitational lense. With a nice

thick
fog cover, you can see clear to Planet-X and beyond. But of course, they
can't let us know this, so they spread propaganda about anti-fog systems

and
the like. CLT is just part of the machine. Fight the power.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Call it what you will, but I was the original poster of my system and I do
use it on a regular basis to cancel out fog. I explained what I do and how
it works in another post, so won't bother repeating it here. Whether or not
"the government" is using it sounds like another "Roswell cover-up" or
similar. Suffice to say that it works for me and has for several years now.
There are obviously problems, but as long as rapidly dropping temps,
excessive wind, etc. stay out of the way, the system works and works well.
Why put up with something if there's a way to get rid of it? For my locale,
fog appears better than 70% of the time and it is often too thick to allow
normal seeing; hence, the development of my system which, as another poster
mentioned, really isn't anything new.

Wan