Obs. Comet SWAN: 25 Oct. 2006

Old October 25th 06, 07:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Willie R. Meghar

Default Obs. Comet SWAN: 25 Oct. 2006

It's late. I'm tired. I just finished a detailed blog posting of the
evening's observing. Here's a much briefer version:

Wow! That one word summarizes the evening's observing.

This session took place between 1:20 and 2:40 U.T. on 25, Oct. 2006.

I used a 13cm f/6 apochromat refractor from my front porch. Naked-eye
limiting magnitude was *at least* 6.5. M13 was still visible to the
naked-eye (though not easily) at the end of the observing session.
The comet was *much* easier than M13 to see with the naked-eye. It
was perhaps slightly brighter than Zeta Coronae Borealis and clearly
brighter than Kappa C.B. (the star it equaled on the previous night).

Comet C/2006 M4 (SWAN) was absolutely beautiful! The tail was
immediately obvious even in small binoculars. The SWAN has blossomed
into a stunningly beautiful telescopic comet! For those interested in
reading all the fine details I suggest a visit to my blog. Like I
said, it's late. I'm tired . . . a warm bed is calling for me . . .

Willie R. Meghar
Observational Notes at:
http://meghar.blogspot.com/