? did we land on the moon?

Old September 11th 09, 03:11 AM posted to sci.astro
bill page

Default ? did we land on the moon?

bill page has sent you the following web link:

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/224217.aspx

News
Forums
Photos
Classifieds
Shop
Resources

we land on the moon?
Last post Thu, Oct 16 2008 3:19 AM by Roger Irrelevant. 56 replies.
Sort Posts: Oldest to newest Newest to oldest Sign in
Register Previous Next Page 1 of 2 (57 items) 1 2 Next

Sat, Oct 11 2008 11:21 AM Did we land on the moon?

Stevee
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Mon, Jul 9 2007
Posts 1,682

Hi all,

Am watching Bravo Tv - conspiracy theory - Did we land on the moon?

Its very compelling tv. Im not too sure myself if we did land on the
moon. Well worth watching!

A4 1.9 TDI AVB 100 - remap 135ish...........Now on the Hunt for 200bhp
- 130/150 injectors - got
Wanted: (Longitudinal engine) 130/150 turbo, Maf, Airbox, FMIC
Caddy Sdi - (work - 60mpg......nouf said.)
Vagcom'd

Sat, Oct 11 2008 11:28 AM Did we land on the moon?

Sidot
Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Sat, Dec 2 2006
Location: Accrington, Lancs
Posts 506

Apparently not. I watched something some time ago saying theres a
field of radiation somewhere between us and the moon and crossing it
would be deadly. Not sure if thats true though.

Pretty sure though that if we could do it back then, we should be able
to do it now- but we havent so it kinda indicates toward us not really
having done it in the first place !

Sat, Oct 11 2008 11:39 AM Did we land on the moon?

noddy1875
Golf IV V5 2.3 20v 170PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Wed, Aug 27 2008
Location: Toytown
Posts 3,374

The Van Halen belt lol

I dont think anyone did in 69 but maybe they have since.

Phil

HI. I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such self help tapes as
'Smoke yourself thin' and 'Get some confidence, Stupid!

Sat, Oct 11 2008 11:45 AM Did we land on the moon?

Patch
Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Mon, Apr 9 2007
Location: Rochdale
Posts 11,086

Does make you wonder why they don't send anyone else,surely they
could investigate the surface better with a human than with some
stupid robot that dioesn't work

KO3s Stage2 R-Tech Power Coming Soon....

Patch's Car

Sat, Oct 11 2008 11:53 AM Did we land on the moon?

trl
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Thu, Jul 4 2002
Location: Bottom of the last hill before the fens.
Posts 2,058

Man did go to the moon.

Forgetting all the usual badly thought out theories about flags
blowing in the wind and shadows converging, consider these two things:

1. There's a reflector on the surface of the moon placed there during
the moon shots. Still there, still reflects. I think it's used for
checking on the distance from Earth to the moon. How else did it get
there.

2. 1969 was a pretty hectic time for political and idealistic
relations between the USA and USSR. The USSR was watching and tracking
every single fraction of a second of the moon shots. If they hadn't
happened, the Ruskies would have has a field day.

Now then, where's the proof that they didn't go there?

Tony

PS. Turns out it would have been easier to just do it than spin a web
of lies and film studios etc.

AUM Golf 1.8T and Bora Sport TDi 130.

Sat, Oct 11 2008 11:57 AM Did we land on the moon?

Imagewerx
Golf IV GTI 1.8 20v AGN 125PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
Location: Crawley,West Sussex
Posts 13,872

trl:

PS. Turns out it would have been easier to just do it than spin a web
of lies and film studios etc.

The conspiracy theories do open the floodgates for lots of money
making films and books though,then they'll be the films and books
about the first films and books about the conspiracy
theories..................

Chris.

Pioneer DEH-P9800BT,DLS Iridium 8in midbass,Image Dynamics CD2 horn
loaded compression drivers (oooh get me!)! SNG Audio JATT JT12
subwoofer ,Vibe Bass 4,Vibe Stereo 2,Vibe Stereo 4,150 Amp Renault
Laguna alternator + TB3,custom made fusebox,17in RS4 reps,lowered 35mm
+ 50% tints.Now painted in Volvo signal yellow.
My build thread thing.
Coming soon.....How to get rid of noise on your car stereo system.
WANTED:USED MK.4 GOLF TAILGATE SPOILER FOR EXPERIMENT.

Sat, Oct 11 2008 12:21 PM Did we land on the moon?

Pumazooma
Scirocco GT TSI 2.0 D6F 200PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Sat, Aug 23 2008
Location: Oxford
Posts 87

The radiation of the Van Allen belt isn't as much as people think.
They also went through it at a fair old lick so the exposure time was
low.

There was a very good Neil Morressey presented documentary on it a
couple of years ago that debunked every hoax theory pretty
conclusively.

Sat, Oct 11 2008 12:23 PM Did we land on the moon?

trl
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Thu, Jul 4 2002
Location: Bottom of the last hill before the fens.
Posts 2,058

This site usually clears ALL doubts: http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

Tony

AUM Golf 1.8T and Bora Sport TDi 130.

Sat, Oct 11 2008 12:30 PM Did we land on the moon?

Ste2
Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Fri, Sep 29 2006
Location: Near Blackburn, Lancs
Posts 1,617

were planning on going to mars by 2010, gonna take off from the moon
cos less gravity makes it easier, so i dont think itll be long untill
were back there, and i believe we have been, yes

Gone but not forgotten

"Anyway what's a master degree engine designer doing driving a 200bhp
tdi? Isn't that the equivalent of Gordon Ramsey living on a diet of
Pot Noodles?" - Eyeamsparticus - uk-mkivs, July 14th 2008... Quality
Quote!!

WANTED: 3 Door cloth recaros. Any colour. Wanting to retrim!

Sat, Oct 11 2008 1:12 PM Did we land on the moon?

Stevee
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Mon, Jul 9 2007
Posts 1,682

I think that we went to the moon......but i think alot of the pics
and movies that we got were doctored

A4 1.9 TDI AVB 100 - remap 135ish...........Now on the Hunt for 200bhp
- 130/150 injectors - got
Wanted: (Longitudinal engine) 130/150 turbo, Maf, Airbox, FMIC
Caddy Sdi - (work - 60mpg......nouf said.)
Vagcom'd

Sat, Oct 11 2008 1:26 PM Did we land on the moon?

trl
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Thu, Jul 4 2002
Location: Bottom of the last hill before the fens.
Posts 2,058

Why would they doctor them? And there was NO digital photography back
then. (If you can get yerself to the moon, you can have one of their
Hasselblads for free. They left it there!).

The US was, bless their cotton socks, very open with info about the
moon landings. I was 5 when they did it and I had a bedroom FULL of
books, mags, pictures, mobiles hanging off my bedroom ceiling. I even
watched it live on telly with my mum and dad! They didn't, IMO, doctor
anything. It was naked, bare-bones honesty. They were soooo proud to
beat the USSR to the moon after being beaten into orbit by them.

Tony

AUM Golf 1.8T and Bora Sport TDi 130.

Sat, Oct 11 2008 1:53 PM Did we land on the moon?

Stevee
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Mon, Jul 9 2007
Posts 1,682

You obhiously havent seen the program that shows light coming from
all directions and casting all sorts of shadows all over the place!
There are so many examples like that!

A4 1.9 TDI AVB 100 - remap 135ish...........Now on the Hunt for 200bhp
- 130/150 injectors - got
Wanted: (Longitudinal engine) 130/150 turbo, Maf, Airbox, FMIC
Caddy Sdi - (work - 60mpg......nouf said.)
Vagcom'd

Sat, Oct 11 2008 3:18 PM Did we land on the moon?

Pumazooma
Scirocco GT TSI 2.0 D6F 200PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Sat, Aug 23 2008
Location: Oxford
Posts 87

Stevee:

You obhiously havent seen the program that shows light coming from
all directions and casting all sorts of shadows all over the place!
There are so many examples like that!

Stand outside on a sunny day and you'll see the same.

If there's more than one light sorce, you would get more than one
shadow.

Have a look at this from 2 mins in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAcXBT-GZCo

Sat, Oct 11 2008 3:28 PM Did we land on the moon?

Anakin
Golf V R32 3.2 250PS DSG
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Fri, Jul 25 2008
Location: Manchester
Posts 271

I went to the Moon for a Pizza Yesterday , so yes ....

2008 .:R32 DSG Leather 3 Door, Alu Tax Disc Holder, Chrome Wing
MIrrors. Alpine Head Unit, Focal VR3's.MTX 12" sub. Stuby Sharan Arial
Wolfsburg Number plates Surounds and Metal Pates, Resonated Milltek
Cat Back Exhaust + more to come

Sat, Oct 11 2008 3:44 PM Did we land on the moon?

coolagu
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Fri, Mar 23 2007
Posts 288

Probably have now but not when they said we did...There is plenty of
info available and most of it is well documented... We have two
cousins who work for NASA not that they ever say anything but
sometimes when you talk to someone you just know they are keeping
something from you. Good job only seem them once a year....

Sat, Oct 11 2008 4:25 PM Did we land on the moon?

trl
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Thu, Jul 4 2002
Location: Bottom of the last hill before the fens.
Posts 2,058

coolagu:

Probably have now but not when they said we did...There is plenty of
info available and most of it is well documented... We have two
cousins who work for NASA not that they ever say anything but
sometimes when you talk to someone you just know they are keeping
something from you. Good job only seem them once a year....

Oh my God, that's it, now I'm convinced. Some bloke has some cousins
in America that sometimes act weird.... therefore man didn't land on
the moon! A revelation!!

Tony

AUM Golf 1.8T and Bora Sport TDi 130.

Mon, Oct 13 2008 7:13 PM Did we land on the moon?

coolagu
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Fri, Mar 23 2007
Posts 288

trl:

coolagu:

Probably have now but not when they said we did...There is plenty of
info available and most of it is well documented... We have two
cousins who work for NASA not that they ever say anything but
sometimes when you talk to someone you just know they are keeping
something from you. Good job only seem them once a year....

Oh my God, that's it, now I'm convinced. Some bloke has some cousins
in America that sometimes act weird.... therefore man didn't land on
the moon! A revelation!!

Tony

If you read my post it does say I believe in English aswell for your
benefit that I beleived that they have landed on the moon albeit a
little later than they actually said at which point did I say that two
people acting weird that I see once a year had anything to do with the
moon landing?

I was merely making an observation as any one can that sometimes when
you peak to someone you get an incline that they are not telling you
the whole story i get this feeling talking to thee two individuals
when we ever get in deep conversations about deep subjects and not
just moon landings either..

I hope that clears up your assumptions and confusions that you seem to
have?

Tue, Oct 14 2008 2:57 AM Did we land on the moon?

trl
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Thu, Jul 4 2002
Location: Bottom of the last hill before the fens.
Posts 2,058

Well, if you post a reply on a subject expect subsequent posts to
assume you were still posting on that subject!

Deep conversations.... involving a few drinks?

Tony

AUM Golf 1.8T and Bora Sport TDi 130.

Tue, Oct 14 2008 3:12 AM Did we land on the moon?

Tabs
Bora Sport 1.9 ARL 150PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Wed, Jan 9 2002
Location: Liverpool
Posts 23,639

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the fact we've been to Mars....

There are some cranks on Youtube who reckon we're still on the Moon to
this day, using polar launching UFO's or some rubbish like that.
Apparently it's all do with the on-going mining operation up there.

Right.

Reflex Silver Bora Sport 150PD

Volkswagen Golf, Bora, Jetta and Scirocco Forums, Galleries and Blogs
Audi Forums, Galleries and Blogs

Tue, Oct 14 2008 3:13 AM Did we land on the moon?

Roger Irrelevant
Golf IV TDI 1.9 AGR 90PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Tue, Jun 19 2007
Posts 2,858

Oh gawd not another lukewarm re-hash of this ancient conspiracy
theory...

Or rather, let's be correct about it. Conspiracy embarrassment.

Even the conspiracy theorists are distancing themselves from this load
of rubbish these days, as you can see here http://www.lunaranomalies.com/fake-moon.htm
along with a comprehensive debunk.

The original authors of this theory were taken on in an open public
debate about it and... well, to say they were defeated wouldn't do
justice... they were ANNIHILATED and HUMILIATED. It was
comprehensively proved on all counts that any theory they put forward
could not be backed by any demonstrable knowledge of physics,
aeronautics, engineering or space travel whatsoever.

Every once in a while someone dusts down this ridiculous discredited
and out dated old information, warms it up in the microwave & thinks
they can make some good TV out of it.

All it proves is that regardless of what you say if you talk to enough
people, some of them will believe you!

EDIT rofl @ "The Van Halen Belt" as discovered by Hagar & Roth...

For the people who believed the fake moon landing claims, this one
will make your hair stand on end... The moon is actually hollow!! It
was hollowed out and made into a space ship thousands of years ago by
aliens who wanted to keep an eye on us without us knowing they were
there!!!

There's been books on it and everything, so it must be true!
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/luna/esp_luna_19.htm

Tue, Oct 14 2008 3:16 AM Did we land on the moon?

chris_v6_4motion
Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Tue, Nov 27 2007
Location: Cheshire/North Wales
Posts 1,668

Roger: lol @ sig

Tue, Oct 14 2008 4:04 AM Did we land on the moon?

trl
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Thu, Jul 4 2002
Location: Bottom of the last hill before the fens.
Posts 2,058

What you might notice about a lot of conspiracy theories is that the
authors rely on the public having a little knowledge of the subjects
used to reinforce their barmy ideas. For example, "light only travels
in straight lines". We all know that is true so they base an argument
around that. With a little thought, even I can see that the images
they use to point this out aren't the sort of images you would use to
back up your argument.

And don't get me started on the Kennedy assasination!!

Tony

AUM Golf 1.8T and Bora Sport TDi 130.

Tue, Oct 14 2008 4:10 AM Did we land on the moon?

Tabs
Bora Sport 1.9 ARL 150PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Wed, Jan 9 2002
Location: Liverpool
Posts 23,639

trl:

And don't get me started on the Kennedy assasination!!

We all know the Driver did it.

Reflex Silver Bora Sport 150PD

Volkswagen Golf, Bora, Jetta and Scirocco Forums, Galleries and Blogs
Audi Forums, Galleries and Blogs

Tue, Oct 14 2008 4:21 AM Did we land on the moon?

Stevee
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Mon, Jul 9 2007
Posts 1,682

"light only travels in straight lines"

I believe we got to the moon but that the pics were really dodgy. how
do u explain the fact that in the pics there are shaddows all over the
place pointing to multiple light sources when on that day there was
only the sun as light source? and the astronauts had no light source
on their body?

A4 1.9 TDI AVB 100 - remap 135ish...........Now on the Hunt for 200bhp
- 130/150 injectors - got
Wanted: (Longitudinal engine) 130/150 turbo, Maf, Airbox, FMIC
Caddy Sdi - (work - 60mpg......nouf said.)
Vagcom'd

Tue, Oct 14 2008 4:22 AM Did we land on the moon?

JonJon
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Sat, Jan 29 2005
Location: England
Posts 654

Tabs:

trl:

And don't get me started on the Kennedy assasination!!

We all know the Driver did it.

Kennedy assassinated him self! They showed a reconstruction on Red
Dwarf lol

WANTED-VERSION D MFD AND R32 OEM SKIRTS FOR 5 DOOR CASH WAITING!!!!

Tue, Oct 14 2008 4:25 AM Did we land on the moon?

Tabs
Bora Sport 1.9 ARL 150PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Wed, Jan 9 2002
Location: Liverpool
Posts 23,639

JonJon:

Tabs:

trl:

And don't get me started on the Kennedy assasination!!

We all know the Driver did it.

Kennedy assassinated him self! They showed a reconstruction on Red
Dwarf lol

PMSL!

Reflex Silver Bora Sport 150PD

Volkswagen Golf, Bora, Jetta and Scirocco Forums, Galleries and Blogs
Audi Forums, Galleries and Blogs

Tue, Oct 14 2008 4:40 AM Did we land on the moon?

BlackMagic20vt
Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v ARZ 150PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Sun, Sep 10 2006
Location: West Midlands
Posts 3,706

JonJon:

Tabs:

trl:

And don't get me started on the Kennedy assasination!!

We all know the Driver did it.

Kennedy assassinated him self! They showed a reconstruction on Red
Dwarf lol

lol

Tue, Oct 14 2008 6:06 AM Did we land on the moon?

trl
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Thu, Jul 4 2002
Location: Bottom of the last hill before the fens.
Posts 2,058

Stevee:

"light only travels in straight lines"

I believe we got to the moon but that the pics were really dodgy. how
do u explain the fact that in the pics there are shaddows all over the
place pointing to multiple light sources when on that day there was
only the sun as light source? and the astronauts had no light source
on their body?

As I posted earlier, this site normally removes most doubts:
http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

And my note about the cold war at the time... the USSR was watching
this soooo closely. They'd have taken the greatest pleasure in
grassing the USA up for telling humongous porkies.

Tony

AUM Golf 1.8T and Bora Sport TDi 130.

Tue, Oct 14 2008 6:55 AM Did we land on the moon?

Roger Irrelevant
Golf IV TDI 1.9 AGR 90PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Tue, Jun 19 2007
Posts 2,858

Stevee:

"light only travels in straight lines"

I believe we got to the moon but that the pics were really dodgy. how
do u explain the fact that in the pics there are shaddows all over the
place pointing to multiple light sources when on that day there was
only the sun as light source? and the astronauts had no light source
on their body?

It's all in the de-bunks mate... http://www.lunaranomalies.com/fake-moon.htm
If you're gonna persist in making the case for this type of tosh, at
least take time to read the sources people have put forward to tell
you you're wrong.

You never know, you might learn something. You really should
understand both sides before making your judgement.

Tue, Oct 14 2008 7:32 AM Did we land on the moon?

trl
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Thu, Jul 4 2002
Location: Bottom of the last hill before the fens.
Posts 2,058

Oh believe me, I'd love it all to have been faked! It really would
make my day. BUT. Until someone comes up with PROOF instead of
uneducated guesswork....... (not aimed at you, just the media)

Tony

AUM Golf 1.8T and Bora Sport TDi 130.

Tue, Oct 14 2008 11:23 AM Did we land on the moon?

Stevee
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Mon, Jul 9 2007
Posts 1,682

That looks a good article.... i will have a good read of it and get
back to u. Im not set on my "judgement" of anything and if im shown
something to prove otherwise well then i will except that!

A4 1.9 TDI AVB 100 - remap 135ish...........Now on the Hunt for 200bhp
- 130/150 injectors - got
Wanted: (Longitudinal engine) 130/150 turbo, Maf, Airbox, FMIC
Caddy Sdi - (work - 60mpg......nouf said.)
Vagcom'd

Tue, Oct 14 2008 11:48 AM Did we land on the moon?

eyeamsparticus
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Thu, Sep 13 2007
Posts 1,584

If Walls and Gromit can go to the moon then why do people think NASA,
with all that knowledge and finance behind them would fake it?

These conspiracy theorists are just mad.

"Nobody can accuse me of being sexist, racist or homophobic... because
I hate everyone" - Jerry Sadowitz

Tue, Oct 14 2008 12:08 PM Did we land on the moon?

trl
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Thu, Jul 4 2002
Location: Bottom of the last hill before the fens.
Posts 2,058

eyeamsparticus:

If Walls and Gromit can go to the moon then why do people think NASA,
with all that knowledge and finance behind them would fake it?

These conspiracy theorists are just mad.

Hee hee!

Funny thing is, there are never any conspiracy theories about man's
exploits to the depths of the oceans, Mach 4 in X planes, a nutter
jumping out of a balloon at some silly altitude for the Apollo
research, I could go on.

Oh, and what about Diana? Silly bint, I would, but hey that's not
saying much. Didn't put her belt on and surprise surprise ends up dead
after the car drives into an immovable object. And the driver was
tipsy. But oh no, that's not clear enough for some sad blighters.

Tony

AUM Golf 1.8T and Bora Sport TDi 130.

Tue, Oct 14 2008 2:14 PM Did we land on the moon?

Imagewerx
Golf IV GTI 1.8 20v AGN 125PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
Location: Crawley,West Sussex
Posts 13,872

So did we,or didn't we land on the moon in 1969,no one's actually said
yet?

Chris.

Pioneer DEH-P9800BT,DLS Iridium 8in midbass,Image Dynamics CD2 horn
loaded compression drivers (oooh get me!)! SNG Audio JATT JT12
subwoofer ,Vibe Bass 4,Vibe Stereo 2,Vibe Stereo 4,150 Amp Renault
Laguna alternator + TB3,custom made fusebox,17in RS4 reps,lowered 35mm
+ 50% tints.Now painted in Volvo signal yellow.
My build thread thing.
Coming soon.....How to get rid of noise on your car stereo system.
WANTED:USED MK.4 GOLF TAILGATE SPOILER FOR EXPERIMENT.

Tue, Oct 14 2008 2:26 PM Did we land on the moon?

Ste2
Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS
Quote Reply Contact Joined on Fri, Sep 29 2006
Location: Near Blackburn, Lancs
Posts 1,617

yes, yes we did (well not me, or you) but some NASA dudes did, 'a mon
avis'

Gone but not forgotten

"Anyway what's a master degree engine designer doing driving a 200bhp
tdi? Isn't that the equivalent of Gordon Ramsey living on a diet of
Pot Noodles?" - Eyeamsparticus - uk-mkivs, July 14th 2008... Quality
Quote!!

WANTED: 3 Door cloth recaros. Any colour. Wanting to retrim!

Page 1 of 2 (57 items) 1 2 Next

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.magic.secrets/topics
http://www.youtube.com/user/billpage
type in
trickbusters copperfield
Old September 11th 09, 04:32 AM posted to sci.astro
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)[_528_]

"bill page" wrote in message
Its very compelling tv. Im not too sure myself if we
did land on the moon. Well worth watching!

snip hundreds of lines of crap

No, you did not land on the Moon. You did manage to post a lot
of self-important crap to usenet, however. How "unusual".