*HELL* Is In Store

Old January 29th 05, 05:03 AM
Pat O'Connell

Default *HELL* Is In Store

Paul wrote:

While we already know who the most obvious candidates for
perdition's unquenchable flames are, namely, the liberals
and their egregiously-violent criminal terrorist friends,
while that much is obvious, rest assured there'll be many
more than a "few" moderates and conservatives who'll have
plenty of explaining to do to St. Peter at the pearly gates
come Judgment Day. For starters, I QUOTE the great Hebrew-
Xian-Roman historian Flavius Josephus, from his excellent
discourse to the Greeks concerning Hades, bk 1 ch 1:

I'd rather QUOTE God Himself from the Bible, not some mere man.

Sorry dude--the Bible was written and edited by people, not some deity.
--
Pat O'Connell
[note munged EMail address]
Old January 31st 05, 03:11 AM
Paul

Sorry dude--the Bible was written and edited by people, not some deity.
--
Pat O'Connell

Understandable, if someone does not believe in God I cannot argue with
them and I'm not. But since I don't know if the person who says man
wrote the Bible calls themself a Christian or is an atheist, I will
state that my comments are ONLY for those who say they are Christians.

Since the day and age of believing the Bible is God authored seems to
have ended among many so called Christians I have to ask them, what is
your source of wisdom?

Someone on the street told you all the truths? Some church leader
perhaps? How do you know they have truth? What is the yardstick you
measure their wisdom by? Sounds like anarchy to me, everyone does what
is right in their own sight.

Then there is the hard part to explain. If for the sake of argument,
someone says they believe in God And that He created this entire
universe as complex as it is. The huge expanse we call our night sky.
The complexity of life on this planet. Human life and our current
understanding of how we are put together. Insects, animals, finding life
in the deepest part of the ocean or in the frigid Arctic. Everyone has
something they could add to this that they marvel at, how can it exist,
there are way too many things beyond our comprehension.

Yet God tells us in the Bible he created all of this. Yet according to
some Christians, this same God who had the tremendous power to create
everything around us - was just to impotent to author a book. The
silence should be deafening.

If someone doesn't believe in the God of the Bible, I can accept that, I
just hope those who think He couldn't write a book aren't calling
themselves Christians, it's an insult to Christ's name.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the
hidden
wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory...

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom
teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things
with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because
they are spiritually discerned.

Amazing, God says He can hide things from us, that they are spiritually
discerned by those who are spiritual. It's nice how easy God makes it at
times for those who are truly Christians to see through those who claim
to be, but aren't. Their lack of wisdom gives them away, they CAN'T
understand the spiritual things like the Bible, they can only see the
literal words, not the "hidden" life within them.

Matthew 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him (Jesus), Why
speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He (Jesus) answered and said
unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the
kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Old January 31st 05, 07:16 AM
ROM SPACE KNIGHT NURSE

Yes, indeed....as long as Shrub doesn't have to say words developed in
his own brain, he can sound oriented.

TOM CREAN IS APPARENTLY NOTHING WITHOUT DWYANE WADE