the old moon in the new moon's arms.

Old March 29th 04, 04:30 AM
Don McDonald

Default the old moon in the new moon's arms.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/eviej/surfin/donm.htm

dear sue,
j b...may have said the moon is sometimes darker than the sky.

my photo at the above url
or search google : don macdonald moon and planet

may illustrate this point.

in this case my name has to be misspelt with a mac.
It may clearly show the phenomenon
"the old moon in the new moon's arms."

the photo is taken with tripod and 405 mm lens equivalent
pre 1991.
At Wellington Forum Saturday 27.3.04 ps
proposed why are there more stars in the Northern hemisphere
sky than the Southern hemisphere. (Are there??)

yours sincerely
Donald McDonald
Old March 29th 04, 10:36 AM
Pete Lawrence

On 28 Mar 2004 19:30:28 -0800, (Don
McDonald) wrote:

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/eviej/surfin/donm.htm

dear sue,
j b...may have said the moon is sometimes darker than the sky.

my photo at the above url
or search google : don macdonald moon and planet

may illustrate this point.

Here's another one...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/lunar/earthshine2(800).jpg

And another...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/newstuff/Mars_Moon_M45.jpg

Earthshine can also be picked up surprisingly late on.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/D60/Earthshine.jpg

Despite it being mainly cloudy last night, I did get an image of the
~8 day old Moon which also shows illumination on the dark side (I've
not uploaded this one to the web yet though!).

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk

Old March 29th 04, 12:33 PM
Damon Nomad

McDonald) wrote:

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/eviej/surfin/donm.htm

dear sue,
j b...may have said the moon is sometimes darker than the sky.

my photo at the above url
or search google : don macdonald moon and planet

may illustrate this point.

in this case my name has to be misspelt with a mac.
It may clearly show the phenomenon
"the old moon in the new moon's arms."

the photo is taken with tripod and 405 mm lens equivalent
pre 1991.

What is that object in the foreground?

Old March 30th 04, 07:09 AM
Gordon

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:33:43 +1200, Damon Nomad wrote:

What is that object in the foreground?

A SKY dish.

Old March 30th 04, 07:09 AM
Gordon