Starship SN4 undergoes RUD Event

Old May 29th 20, 09:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Starship SN4 undergoes RUD Event

No details at this time:
https://twitter.com/nasaspaceflight/...848960000?s=21 about 34
seconds in.

And scroll to 1:49 PM he
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QbM7Vsz3kg

Old May 29th 20, 11:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Greg (Strider) Moore asserted that:
No details at this time:
https://twitter.com/nasaspaceflight/...848960000?s=21 about 34
seconds in.

And scroll to 1:49 PM he
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QbM7Vsz3kg

Appears to have occurred after engine shutdown. Several seconds later,
venting from more than the designed vents, and the cloud eventually lit
up.

SN4 cylinder appears to still be a cylinder, but rather horizontal.

/dps

--
Trust, but verify.
Old May 30th 20, 02:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Lo, on the 5/29/2020, JF Mezei did proclaim ...
Of note: had this massive venting from bottom happened from the tanks,
wouldn't SN4 have collapsed onto itself, expecially sicne it now has
weight on top ?

just wondering if there are good odds the leaking we see had to come
from ground equipment instead of tanks.

I think that I saw some vent activity (including from the official vent
at the top, and something 1/3 to 1/2 up from the bottom, and then the
big cloud underneath.

One or more the chat posters (at the Lab Padre channel) suggested that
the big cloud was ignited by the flare, once enough fuel had boiled to
reach the flare pipe. The big cloud appeared to be behind the pipe
(from camera perspective) for quite a while (seconds!).

Teslerati has now caught up, and includes a link to BolsaChicaGal's
clip, which I am now going to watch.

/dps

--
Yes, I have had a cucumber soda. Why do you ask?
Old May 30th 20, 02:20 AM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Snidely blurted out:
Lo, on the 5/29/2020, JF Mezei did proclaim ...
Of note: had this massive venting from bottom happened from the tanks,
wouldn't SN4 have collapsed onto itself, expecially sicne it now has
weight on top ?

just wondering if there are good odds the leaking we see had to come
from ground equipment instead of tanks.

I think that I saw some vent activity (including from the official vent at
the top, and something 1/3 to 1/2 up from the bottom, and then the big cloud
underneath.

Make that 1/3 down.

One or more the chat posters (at the Lab Padre channel) suggested that the
big cloud was ignited by the flare, once enough fuel had boiled to reach the
flare pipe. The big cloud appeared to be behind the pipe (from camera
perspective) for quite a while (seconds!).

Teslerati has now caught up, and includes a link to BolsaChicaGal's clip,
which I am now going to watch.

The flames after the bang were mostly to camera left of the stand,
perhaps because the fuel blew out in that direction.

Flames continued for at least 4 minutes after the bang.

The Lab Padre clip was several hours long, and the bang was quite a
ways into it, but it kept rolling for hours afterwards. I was using
the timebar to see the event, but I should probably get back to it.

/dps

/dps

--
"I'm glad unicorns don't ever need upgrades."
"We are as up as it is possible to get graded!"
Old May 30th 20, 02:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Snidely formulated the question :
Snidely blurted out:
Lo, on the 5/29/2020, JF Mezei did proclaim ...
Of note: had this massive venting from bottom happened from the tanks,
wouldn't SN4 have collapsed onto itself, expecially sicne it now has
weight on top ?

just wondering if there are good odds the leaking we see had to come
from ground equipment instead of tanks.

I think that I saw some vent activity (including from the official vent at
the top, and something 1/3 to 1/2 up from the bottom, and then the big
cloud underneath.

Make that 1/3 down.

In the video of the previous (4th) static firing, the wind was blowing
the other way (towards Starhopper, more or less) and away from the
flame.

Also, those vents were active several times after shutdown in that
firing, so that part of the 5th firing may still have been normal.

One or more the chat posters (at the Lab Padre channel) suggested that the
big cloud was ignited by the flare, once enough fuel had boiled to reach
the flare pipe. The big cloud appeared to be behind the pipe (from camera
perspective) for quite a while (seconds!).

Teslerati has now caught up, and includes a link to BolsaChicaGal's clip,
which I am now going to watch.

The flames after the bang were mostly to camera left of the stand, perhaps
because the fuel blew out in that direction.

/dps

--
Rule #0: Don't be on fire.
In case of fire, exit the building before tweeting about it.

Starship usefulness ? Jeff Findley[_6_] Policy 2 September 22nd 19 05:57 PM
Jupiter Probe Undergoes Tests [email protected] Policy 0 March 9th 11 07:53 PM
Space Elevator Concept Undergoes "Reel" World Testing Steve Dufour Policy 0 September 25th 05 02:32 AM
French Starship Chris SETI 3 August 9th 05 06:45 AM
Navy E-2C Hawkeye Undergoes Major Loads Tests at NASA Dryden Jacques van Oene News 0 March 24th 05 08:54 AM