MN68

Old July 11th 03, 10:40 PM
Geoff

Default MN68

Does anyone have or has anybody used an Intes Micro MN68 (6" f8 mac-newt)?

Geoff

Old July 11th 03, 11:19 PM
Tom Davis

Geoff,

Haven't used the MN68, but I did own the MN66
(the 6" F/6 version). Best set of optics I ever owned.
If the MN68 is better on the planets (due to the smaller
yet central obstruction), I would give it the highest
recommendation possible.

Thanks, Tom Davis

Old July 11th 03, 11:53 PM
David

Geoff,

I would second Tom here based on an actual enjoyment of a MN-78 for several
months.

David

Old July 12th 03, 02:01 AM
David

APM-Germany. It is now offered with some improvements. Wait ca. 3 (?) months
(when introduced). I sold it for reasons not related to the scope.
I would recommend Orion Atlas mount (head only) an a pier and add LXD-55 goto
on your own.

David

Geoff wrote:

David, where did you get your MN78 from? Did you have to wait long for it?

Old July 12th 03, 03:41 AM
David

Al,

do you know what does "ad hominem" mean ?

David

PS. Looking forward to the MARS filter, not least to see the optical quality and
surface ion hardening protection, all for merely $40 !

Al M wrote:

Hi David,
You mean to say that you actually looked through a telescope!!!

I am so impressed!!!

Al M

Old July 14th 03, 03:18 AM
Al M

Hi David,
Make sure you look through the small lens (known as an eyepiece) and
not the big lens (known as the corrector). If you look through the big
lens, everything will look further away. Can you imagine, instead of 3
light years away it will look like 300 lightyears away.

Al M
Old July 14th 03, 03:40 AM
David

It seems to be a tough case but the help is close... call 206-598-7793
first thing in the morning.